3 Teams In The Hunt For #8 Pick

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: 3 Teams In The Hunt For #8 Pick

I rather have the Lakers pick at 7 - the Fakers are a more desperate team / franchise! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully the Celts are one of those 3 teams.

[/QUOTE] +1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

What would be reasonable?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If the Kings dangle a 3-year max contract extension, that might do.  Rondo might not be able to get as much waiting another year.  I think his leverage is the highest in this situation where he is traded to a team that want to extend him.  Win-win for everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

Hopefully the Celts are one of those 3 teams.

[/QUOTE]

Are the C's the front running team in terms of assets (future picks + players) to steal trades like this at draft night??? whats your take?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Are the C's the front running team in terms of assets (future picks + players) to steal trades like this at draft night??? whats your take?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Celts have lots of assets.

I think Ainge can pull off something like what the Sixers did with Jrue Holiday last year.

Rondo to Sacramento for the #8 pick is very possible.

[/QUOTE]

Just a pick? not that I care but you would think they would get more for an established player. Either just a pick or more, is better to just do it!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Jeff Green

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Take Thomas (sign and trade) and any non-guarantees they have for Rondo

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) The Magic have offered picks Nos. 4 and 12 plus Arron Afflalo to the Cavs and Bucks as they attempt to move into the top two, but neither Milwaukee nor Cleveland has bitten. They’re also dangling Afflalo to the Kings and Nuggets for the eighth and 11th selections, respectively.  < Magic are anxious to trade Afflalo for another pick

2) The Bulls have spoken with the Kings about a deal that would send the No. 8 pick in Thursday’s draft to Chicago, reports Sean Deveney of The Sporting News. The target for the Bulls is Doug McDermott, according to Deveney, who seconds an earlier report that Chicago has interest in Gary Harris and Nik Stauskas, too.

Chicago has been active in attempts to move up in the draft order, reportedly engaging in serious talks about the No. 11 pick with the Nuggets. The No. 12 pick is also part of multiple conversations the team has had with the Magic as Chicago pursues Arron Afflalo, according to Deveney. A top-flight shooter appears to be Chicago’s aim, and McDermott would fit that bill, having nailed 44.9% of his three-pointers last season.

3) Sacramento is actively attempting to move the No. 8 pick and is more likely to trade it than to use it to select a player on Thursday, as Chad Ford of ESPN.com reported last week. The Hawks have also reportedly been linked to talks for the eighth pick.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/06/bulls-kings-discuss.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/06/bulls-kings-discuss.html

[/QUOTE]

Wow..thats why I ask how much power C's have compared to other teams because it seems that its a bidding war going on..This means the speculations were right about this being a deep draft.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

Celts would have been able to sign a superstar like Melo or Lebron, as UFAs, this summer if Ainge didn't trade KG and Pierce last year.

[/QUOTE]

would have or wouldnt have?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

would have or wouldnt have?

[/QUOTE]

Would have because Pierce had an expiring 15.3m and KG's 12m for next season was not guaranteed.

That would've been 27.3m off the books in the summer of 2014.

Celts would have had more than enough cap space to sign a superstar like Melo or Lebron.

It's very obvious Ainge thinks highly of the 2014 Draft.

[/QUOTE]

I see. It would have been impossible to entice any of the 2 to opt out just to come to Boston anyways. Well, Lebron less likely!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I see. It would have been impossible to entice any of the 2 to opt out just to come to Boston anyways. Well, Lebron less likely!

[/QUOTE]

True.

But here's the thing, the Celts would've made the playoffs and they wouldn't have to endure a bad contract like Gerald Wallace's contract.

That's why the Nets gave the Celts 3 1st rounders, to absorb Wallace's contract.

You could say the Celts paid 10m each for those 3 1st rounders because at the time of the trade, Wallace still had 30m remaining on his contract.

[/QUOTE]

so, we would have been better of waiting one more year? 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

cabutan

On the bright side, the #17 pick is just like a lottery pick because this draft is deep.

[/QUOTE]

Well, you are right but it seems upper management prefers building around Rondo. I think the infatuated one with Rondo is the owner, not so much DA..just my feeling...by saying this, I mean the 17th pick can go on a trade as well if the whole deal  is to build around Rondo.