3-Way Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: 3-Way Deal

Lets get the findings from today MRI before any Draconian Thinking...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Good thought on the backup SF. I don't think we can forget West as the backup PG but Daniels does seem like he can make the switch in a pinch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Here we go again --- The truth was, Ainge made a move beyond your knowhow and understanding. He acquired lots of player that you are un aware of.
    So, stop that silly proposal. Aint gonna happen.

Waste of time & waste of space. Why not study the mind of Ainge?
    Guarantee whatever you are thinking and proposing was different from the mind of Ainge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

omg what's wrong with yall trading big baby for a 36 year old camby....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Are you nuts? TRading an all round force like the 25 year old BBD straight up for Camby who has got be 36 or 37 would be crazy.  Do you know how often injured Camby has been over his career?  Are you even aware how valuable BBD is and what he could get if traded in the market? Thank god it is DA making the trades.  You'd trade Rondo straight up for Derek Fisher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i would love to see Camby back in mass. I remember in 7th grade when he brought Umass far int he tourny. He doesnt defend the pick and roll well I been told. ben a long time since i paid attention to his game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's funny that other teams want that same old man. LOL! Um, Camby has 2 years left on his deal. That falls in line with the Big 3. Ainge doesn't want long term deals except Rondo. Camby is still effective and he's not playing starter minutes. Obviously you don't realize that age doesn't matter to Ainge right now. He's looking at a 2 year window to win 2 titles.

Do you think Camby can be just as effective as BBD?? Yes or No?

I can't wait to hear the BBD bashing when he's playing starter minutes and is getting his shot blocked, can't get above the rim. LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather have Baby than Camby, I think the team can and will resign him, even if it means going above the MLE to do it... we don't have to use our MLE on him.

Obviously we'd have to wait for MRI results and a KG timetable to return know if we need frontcourt help as of yet.

If KG is out the season I don't know what to do b/c it means we likely will be unable to win a title.

If he is out 4-6 weeks or something like that, then maybe make a frontcourt move, although if he is out that long I'm not sure I can trust the Celts FO to not be stringing everyone along like they did in '09.

Once Rondo is healthy we can do a JON, Nate, Wafer and our 1st rd pick for Camby and Fernandez deal. 'Quis plays bu PG & SF till DWest returns.

but I'd think Portland would likely get a better deal than just 3.5 million in savings and a very low 1st rd pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal:
    i would love to see Camby back in mass. I remember in 7th grade when he brought Umass far int he tourny. He doesnt defend the pick and roll well I been told. ben a long time since i paid attention to his game.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

I was in 10th grade in '96 in Storrs, CT when he went to the Final Four.. had wanted him to sign with UConn and then really wanted UC-UM to play a rivalry game each year.

The Ray/Donny/Knight/Ollie/Sheffer teams vs. Lou Roe/Camby and those 2 little guards UM had would have been great for New England bball.

Too bad Calipari bought him and that Final Four doesn't count. Too bad the NCAA seeded UConn, the best 2 seed, with UCLA, the best 1 in '95 and Ricky Moore hurt his ankle in '96 or Calhoun would have had back to back Final 4's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to 3-Way Deal:
    Houston has said that everyone is in play for trades. Portland is trying to move Camby and the Magic and Knicks are on their rader...C's can't let that go down. Here's my proposal: TO HOUSTON: BBD, JON and Fernandez Houston get's expiring deals and can buyout JON TO PORTLAND: Brad Miller, Bradley and Battier Blazers get a C in Miller to replace Oden and Camby and get some defense. TO BOSTON: Camby C's get a backup C and PF. They can use Camby in many ways but he brings more defense at the rim. I know I know..."we can't trade BBD, he's our best bench player" I can hear it already. I would take Camby's defense and size over BBD all day everyday. Flame away!!
    Posted by BiasLewis

You are absolutely NUTS.  We lose a big one night and the next day you want to trade two of our bigs for Camby?   Of course he has had injury problems the last two years also.  So now our bigs are Shaq who is been hurt a lot, Erden who has been hurt a lot and Perk who is out.

This leaves us Camby,Shaq, and Erden.  Wow I am glad your now the GM cause we would be in last place right now with your off the wall trades.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[I can't wait to hear the BBD bashing when he's playing starter minutes and is getting his shot blocked, can't get above the rim. LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I am sure you can't

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Camby is good, old and brittle.  You have to give much less for him.  The idea that you think he can contribute as much as BBD is just way off.  Camby can't play a lot of minutes. BBD can and have you been watching, he scores as well as any sixth man in basketball.  He takes charges, understands the sets Doc runs. He is also tough as nails. CAmby cannot do any of this things. He is a piece I would like to have, but at a much lower price. Danny will never do it anyway. He would want a lot more for BBD.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bias, Camby is good, old and brittle.  You have to give much less for him.  The idea that you think he can contribute as much as BBD is just way off.  Camby can't play a lot of minutes. BBD can and have you been watching, he scores as well as any sixth man in basketball.  He takes charges, understands the sets Doc runs. He is also tough as nails. CAmby cannot do any of this things. He is a piece I would like to have, but at a much lower price. Danny will never do it anyway. He would want a lot more for BBD.
    Posted by concord27

We need to be getting younger  not older.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : I was in 10th grade in '96 in Storrs, CT when he went to the Final Four.. had wanted him to sign with UConn and then really wanted UC-UM to play a rivalry game each year. The Ray/Donny/Knight/Ollie/Sheffer teams vs. Lou Roe/Camby and those 2 little guards UM had would have been great for New England bball. Too bad Calipari bought him and that Final Four doesn't count. Too bad the NCAA seeded UConn, the best 2 seed, with UCLA, the best 1 in '95 and Ricky Moore hurt his ankle in '96 or Calhoun would have had back to back Final 4's.
    Posted by rameakap

wasn't derrik kellog one of them? that was in 94/95 though.96 i was in 9th grade and it was still awesome games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I like Camby and always have.  I don't particularly like BBD either.  But BBD does get the team offense from the 4 spot that Camby can't give.  This team (especially last year) was known for going into long offensive slumps.  BBD is one of those guys who can get the team out of them.

Camby would help the defense but would make Boston much easier to guard on the other end.  When you throw in the rate of injury for Camby the deal isn't worth it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : wasn't derrik kellog one of them? that was in 94/95 though.96 i was in 9th grade and it was still awesome games.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

Looked it up

Kellog, the current coach, was on the '95 team that went to the Elite 8

I was also thinking of Edgar Padilla and Carmelo Travieso

Donte Bright and Dana Dingle were the forwards

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

How's the couch feel! You folks are absolute fools! If KG can't play, then Danny starts the reconstruction....Period. This year was built around KG's health. If he goes down for more than a month, then DA gets things ready for next year and beyond. Succession planning in sports is nearly impossible, but if ANYONE knows what that means, its our boy, DA. I pray KG's news is great, 'cause if otherwise, Danny goes to work. But that ain't so bad either! GO PATS!!!! GO SOXS!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I can't believe the Celtics will not do everything they can whatever the news is on KG. DA will be out looking to find a way to get it done in June.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias - YES, YES, YES, YES - I'd rather have Big Baby than Camby.   Baby isn't as tall but that's his only disadvantage. He's younger, quicker, a better shooter, and hustles more.  He can take the charge due to his quickness and hit a 20 foot jumper. 

Camby brings none of those things.  Camby would bring more rebounds and blocks, but will be done in about a year.  Baby's stats on a team where he's not featured are almost as good and he's 25 yrs old and a possible starter post Big 3 era.

I appreciate your attempt to be innovative and improve the team, but you are panicking and tinkering with a team that may well have the best NBA roster if healthy.  Granted, its a big if, but let's try sticking with it for a while!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I will say it again...please stop OVERVALUING BENCH PLAYERS on this team. Some of you get infatuated with certain guys.

Powe was great in his role with the C's, um what has he done since he left?

TA was great in his role with the C's, um what has he done since he left?

Posey was great in his role with the C's, um what has he done since he left?

I would take Posey back because we won a title with him in his role.

Just because Camby doesn't score like BBD doesn't mean he's not as valuable. The funniest part I'm reading is all of this "if KG is out we can forget it, blow it up, get ready for next year, blah, blah,blah". Well if BBD is ALL THAT why do we need to "blow it up" if KG is out?? According to some of you BBD is invaluable, the 6th man of the year, LOL! He should be able to step in and keep our title hopes alive.

You can't have it both ways people.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias, you're making our point!!!   No need to trade BBD because Garnett may only be out for some number of weeks, not permanent!   Don't blow up what's working!

Why do you feel the need to change what's working?????   We are not Orlando who was headed no where.  We are the opposite.  We are at the top of the heap if KG is ok and he may well be ok.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No, my 3 way deal proposal is in the case that KG is OK. I believe he will be. People on this board have already put him out for the year. LOL! Even if he's out 8-10 weeks that's fine. He was walking on his leg and being out for the year I doubt he would be able to put weight on his leg (see Perk).

Now anyone who thinks that BBD is going to be effective, hungry and grow 6 inches after KG is gone in 2-3 years is smoking crack. If BBD gets a chance to leave at the end of the season HE IS GONE for starter minutes...trust me.
    Ainge isn't locking in deals that keep the team cap strapped for 4-6 years. He's going to build around Rondo. He only resigned PP, RA and signed Shaq to make a push for a 2 year run.

If Ainge was ALL THAT IMPRESSED with BBD do you think he would've let him walk last year or not resigned him already?? Camby is a guy who is a 7'0 shot blocker who can hit a 10 ft jumper. You can play him with Shaq, KG, Perk or Erden. What other team can bring a 7'0 PF or C off the bench besides Dallas and LA??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Camby cannot hit a 10 foot or any jumper over two feet. Where do you get your information.  He can rebound and block shots.   That is all.  Look at his career stats this guy is not a scorer or anything close.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bias, 

Stop taking drugs, it's not good for you.

Sections
Shortcuts