3-Way Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: 3-Way Deal

In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal:
    [QUOTE]Camby cannot hit a 10 foot or any jumper over two feet. Where do you get your information.  He can rebound and block shots.   That is all.  Look at his career stats this guy is not a scorer or anything close.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Do you want your PF to

A-Get you 8 pts, 10 boards and 5 blocks

or

B-Get you 14 pts, 6 boards and no blocks (while shooting 15 foot jumpers all night)

You lose some scoring but you get bigger. Teams wouldn't know what to do with
    7'1" KG
    7'0" Shaq
    6'11" Perk
    6'11" Erden
    7'0" Camby

That's just too much size with guys that like to play defense. LOL! BBD does bring good qualities but I would do that trade if I had the chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Do you want your PF to A-Get you 8 pts, 10 boards and 5 blocks or B-Get you 14 pts, 6 boards and no blocks (while shooting 15 foot jumpers all night) You lose some scoring but you get bigger. Teams wouldn't know what to do with 7'1" KG 7'0" Shaq 6'11" Perk 6'11" Erden 7'0" Camby That's just too much size with guys that like to play defense. LOL! BBD does bring good qualities but I would do that trade if I had the chance.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias,

I just want a preview of what you would post if Ainge doesn't trade BBD in February. Can you give us a preview of your reaction if BBD does not go anywhere?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Bias, I just want a preview of what you would post if Ainge doesn't trade BBD in February. Can you give us a preview of your reaction if BBD does not go anywhere?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I sure will. However if no extension comes and BBD walks for more money and starter minutes and we're left holding our hog I want to YOU to post the same thing.

Deal??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : I sure will. However if no extension comes and BBD walks for more money and starter minutes and we're left holding our hog I want to YOU to post the same thing. Deal??

I already said that BBD will walk after the season. 

Ainge will not trade BBD this February and I don't think he will remain a Celtic after this season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

First, Bias, if I were Ainge, I would have stuck with a 2 year deal like he did so that he has flexibility.  If Davis proves himself, he can get a larger contract.  If not, they let him go.

Second, No way Camby can hit a jump shot consistently.  You're watching some other player because it ain't Camby!

Third, Camby is taller and can block shots off the ball.  However, he's not strong enough to guard Howard or any other strong center.  Its not optimal for BBD to do it, but for short stretches, he can use his strength, at least. More importantly, BBD can guard power forwards who can move.   Same cannot be said for Camby who I like as a player, but not for us.

If your trade had Camby for JON, I'd buy your logic.  But, BBD is a different player and more needed on our team than Camby.  Camby is a weak center who does NOT have the speed to stay with a power forward nor the strength to battle big centers.  BBD is a power forward who has to sub at center when we don't have much choice.  

your proposal just doesn't make sense, my man.   

Try another idea if you're trying to improve the Celts (who most of us will tell you only needs a backup shooter to Ray and/or Paul......NOT another center!!).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um that's cool but I wouldn't expect Camby to play Howard. I would expect Perk to be on Howard and Camby cover whomever their PF is. BBD has strength no doubt but guys also shoot over him with no problem. All these guys are strong in their own right.

Shaq, Perk and Erden will cover all C's
    KG and Camby cover all PF's

In a pinch Camby can play C as well/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I will say it again...please stop OVERVALUING BENCH PLAYERS on this team. Some of you get infatuated with certain guys. Powe was great in his role with the C's, um what has he done since he left? TA was great in his role with the C's, um what has he done since he left? Posey was great in his role with the C's, um what has he done since he left? I would take Posey back because we won a title with him in his role. Just because Camby doesn't score like BBD doesn't mean he's not as valuable. The funniest part I'm reading is all of this "if KG is out we can forget it, blow it up, get ready for next year, blah, blah,blah". Well if BBD is ALL THAT why do we need to "blow it up" if KG is out?? According to some of you BBD is invaluable, the 6th man of the year, LOL! He should be able to step in and keep our title hopes alive. You can't have it both ways people.

And not one guy you listed can do the things Baby does.  Quit undervaluing all our players and  trying to trade 3 of them for some old sock.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Do you want your PF to A-Get you 8 pts, 10 boards and 5 blocks or B-Get you 14 pts, 6 boards and no blocks (while shooting 15 foot jumpers all night) You lose some scoring but you get bigger. Teams wouldn't know what to do with 7'1" KG 7'0" Shaq 6'11" Perk 6'11" Erden 7'0" Camby That's just too much size with guys that like to play defense. LOL! BBD does bring good qualities but I would do that trade if I had the chance.

Please pass the bong to the right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

When Powe was on the C's did anyone even THINK about BBD at that time?? LOL!

It was all Powe. He was boarding, scoring, etc. He was playing the BBD role and now where is Powe?

Please stop overvaluing guys. I like BBD but he's not making or breaking the C's success. Where was BBD in game #6 & #7 when Perk went down against two footers? Why do you think Ainge went and got more size.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I like Camby but Davis fits in with what the Celtics are doing while Camby very well may not.  You don't get rid of one of the guys that has been doing it for you all year.  You just don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

let's face it, getting camby back in MA would be like a mini-stimulus package.  he orders hookers by the two and could double the revenue of any given pimmpe overnight.

i mean really.  we hae shak.  we have erdin.  camby is strictly a 5.  so then you're looking at trying to make him into a 4 or ?.  and don't say herringody is going to fill the gaps backing up kg, that's ridiculous.

since we don't know otherwise, it's only reasonable to assume that jerlame o'kneel is just going to be nothing, if he turns into something then it's a pleasant surprise far more than a sure thing.

so i ask you, after deporting davis for relic camby, who spells kg?  a tandem of camby-shak-erdin?  that's a floor spreadin' juggernaut!  jugger-not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

There's nothing we can say to BiasLewis that will change his mind about trading BBD. He is so high right now. The only thing he sees right now is Marcus Camby holding some pot.

On June 14, 1997, Camby was arrested on charges of marijuana possession in South Windsor, Connecticut after police stopped him for a driving offense.[30] On July 1, 1997, he agreed to a plea deal that required him to complete 16 hours of community service, in exchange for dismissal of the drug charge. Charges against Camby were dropped after he fulfilled the community service. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to 3-Way Deal:
    [QUOTE]Houston has said that everyone is in play for trades. Portland is trying to move Camby and the Magic and Knicks are on their rader...C's can't let that go down. Here's my proposal: TO HOUSTON: BBD, JON and Fernandez Houston get's expiring deals and can buyout JON TO PORTLAND: Brad Miller, Bradley and Battier Blazers get a C in Miller to replace Oden and Camby and get some defense. TO BOSTON: Camby C's get a backup C and PF. They can use Camby in many ways but he brings more defense at the rim. I know I know..."we can't trade BBD, he's our best bench player" I can hear it already. I would take Camby's defense and size over BBD all day everyday. Flame away!!

Big Baby is a pretty good offensive player.  Thats really what we want from him.  Camby isnt good offensivley.  BBD is the 2nd units most realiable scorer.  I doubt if Camby will replace BBD's offensive production. 

To me this doesn't make sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 3-Way Deal : Big Baby is a pretty good offensive player.  Thats really what we want from him.  Camby isnt good offensivley.  BBD is the 2nd units most realiable scorer.  I doubt if Camby will replace BBD's offensive production.  To me this doesn't make sense.
    Posted by bilalkazmi[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, BiasLewis is suffering from brain strain that's why he's not thinking straight most of the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine, it was a proposal. Let's see what BBD can do now with more minutes and a bigger role.

Now that we're depleted and going down like flies I still don't hear anyone's proposals for making moves. Hey I've thrown stuff out there but it sounds like most don't want to do anything. So let's role until the wheels fall off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]Fine, it was a proposal. Let's see what BBD can do now with more minutes and a bigger role. Now that we're depleted and going down like flies I still don't hear anyone's proposals for making moves. Hey I've thrown stuff out there but it sounds like most don't want to do anything. So let's role until the wheels fall off.

KG is only out 2 weeks and the Celtics have the best record in the conference.  Why would you make a trade?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : KG is only out 2 weeks and the Celtics have the best record in the conference.  Why would you make a trade?
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

He's high, that's why he wants a trade.

HAHAHA!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]When Powe was on the C's did anyone even THINK about BBD at that time?? LOL! It was all Powe. He was boarding, scoring, etc. He was playing the BBD role and now where is Powe? Please stop overvaluing guys. I like BBD but he's not making or breaking the C's success. Where was BBD in game #6 & #7 when Perk went down against two footers? Why do you think Ainge went and got more size.

I thought Baby had more potential than Powe in '08 but Powe was in better NBA shape. Clearly Baby took over as a bigger talent in '09 when they were both here and then Powe hurt his knee and hasn't been the same since.

I'd keep Baby even if i knew it menas he would walk, as others here say, he is an integral part of a championship season. Did you see how Big he came up vs. Howard last year and the series tying finals game 5?

He could start on 10-12 teams in the league and is one of the 5 best 6th men in the game 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go again --- The truth was, Ainge made a move beyond your knowhow and understanding. He acquired lots of player that you are un aware of. So, stop that silly proposal. Aint gonna happen. Waste of time & waste of space. Why not study the mind of Ainge? Guarantee whatever you are thinking and proposing was different from the mind of Ainge.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
    Great title for a thread "the mind of Ainge".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias, there's a reason why everyone wants to stand pat and not make a trade.   When your team has all the parts to win a championship, you try to make it work!   We may be in the midst of an injury bug1111 but all of the injuries and temporary and everyone is projected back by mid-season.

Also - in an earlier post, you said you were NOT make a trade suggestion because of injuries.  Now, you sound like a man desperate to make a move because we are "going down like flies"!!!

Which is it??????   You can't have it both ways, people!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Typos....should have been:

We may be in the midst of an injury bug, but all of the injuries are temporary and everyone is projected back by mid-season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Guys I'm done. I will just watch and see. Hopefully BBD can hold down the fort. We don't have a backup 4 but Harangody so whoever has better ideas I'd like to hear them.

Making a move doesn't make the C's all of a sudden not contend for a title. As long as Rondo, PP, KG, RA and Shaq are healthy and on the team we have a chance. Go crazy over role players. Well now those role players are about to take on bigger roles.

If BBD and/or JON struggles or we're getting killed on the boards don't run and hide. I will keep an eye on who posts what because I have a feeling minds will change within a week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : I was in 10th grade in '96 in Storrs, CT when he went to the Final Four.. had wanted him to sign with UConn and then really wanted UC-UM to play a rivalry game each year. The Ray/Donny/Knight/Ollie/Sheffer teams vs. Lou Roe/Camby and those 2 little guards UM had would have been great for New England bball. Too bad Calipari bought him and that Final Four doesn't count. Too bad the NCAA seeded UConn, the best 2 seed, with UCLA, the best 1 in '95 and Ricky Moore hurt his ankle in '96 or Calhoun would have had back to back Final 4's.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

on a side note, and not to get off the point, but if you go back to the record books 1995 never happened for UMASS basketball. Wasn't their final 4 apperence wiped out in the record books?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Guys I'm done. I will just watch and see. Hopefully BBD can hold down the fort. We don't have a backup 4 but Harangody so whoever has better ideas I'd like to hear them. Making a move doesn't make the C's all of a sudden not contend for a title. As long as Rondo, PP, KG, RA and Shaq are healthy and on the team we have a chance. Go crazy over role players. Well now those role players are about to take on bigger roles. If BBD and/or JON struggles or we're getting killed on the boards don't run and hide. I will keep an eye on who posts what because I have a feeling minds will change within a week.

Narcotics wearing off?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Narcotics wearing off?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34 do you eve have anything constructive to say about basketball?? I don't think you do.

Sections
Shortcuts