3-Way Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: 3-Way Deal

Next year, if BBD does leave, Luke Harangody will take his spot. 

What I'm thinking is Ainge is not afraid of losing BBD because Harangody can be as good as BBD in a couple of years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal:
    [QUOTE]Young guys don't win titles. They aren't hungry enough. Name the last NBA team that won a title with a young guy leading the way? Not even leading the way just one that was a big part of the title. I have to go back to DWade with the Heat and everyone knew that was a farce. Going to the FT line 40 times and Shaq on the team. THe Lakers and Celtics don't worry about getting younger they have a core group and build around it.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Well you don't continually build a team with OLD players either.  Especially someone like Camby.  I didn't say pick up a bunch of young players either.  Read before you post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : For a big man 31 years old is still young. I hate to say it but you're an idiot if you think the Celtics will increase their chances of winning a championship this year if they add a 36-year old Marcus Camby.  The good news is, Camby is not coming to the Celtics any time soon. There is no way the Celtics will pay Camby 8.45m this season and 9.25m next season. Just not happening.
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Well you said it all ther Lighsaber

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Some of you are just fools. I'm going to start giving the stats lines of BBD, JON and Camby after each game. I think I've already proven in one game that BBD isn't the player YOU'LL or HE thinks he is. It's only one game but I've seen enough. To say Camby and Shaq can't play together is foolish. DOn't Bynum and Gasol play together? Don't KG and Shaq play together? Don't Dirk and Chandler play together. Didn't Gortat and Howard at times play together. Camby's natural position is C but he can play PF and create mismatches.

yep some of us are

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wonder why there was no comment on Camby's 4 pts and 20 boards the other day. How can an old man like him get 20 boards??

Let's see if BBD can pull down 20 today...make it 15....better yet make it 12. That will be a good day for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias, no comments on Camby's 4 points and 20 boards for several reasons:

1. 98% of all Celtic's fans on this Board really don't give a darn about Camby!

2. No one argues Camby is not a good rebounder.   We just argue his offensive ability, age, and salary would keep any of us fans from being excited about putting him on the Celtics.  We have enough age and high salaries.  We need to keep our young talent and use them in the mix, instead.  We also need offense.  Clearly, lack of defense on the Celtics team is NOT our issue.

3. This team is great with the players coming back from injury.  So, let's not disrupt that.  Let's see it work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I know I know..."we can't trade BBD, he's our best bench player" I can hear it already. I would take Camby's defense and size over BBD all day everyday.

With BB's performance vs Toronto, where are we with this one huh?
    Do you know now why you should not start a stupid thread like this?Yell

BB is not = but 1/4 of Barkley. Do we keep this idiot or get rid of this thread?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : But Camby is a C, Davis is a PF. We already have Shaq, JO, Perk, and Erden. Man, are you dumb.
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!  imagine campy or jerlame o'neal out there trying to chase 4's around.  and once your'e done throwing up inside your mouth, let's forget about this 'trade'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Like I said this stretch against some of the top PFs in the game will tell the tell. BBD is good against 2nd teamers but when it's time to play against starters night in and night out let's see how he does.

Some of you may not like Camby but there are teams lining up for him lately. Stop looking at the age of a guy when our core are all 30+. I want a PF to be 6'9 and above not 6'7 if it's not Charles Barkley. Sorry that's just me.

I've got the names of the BBD Fan Club.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said this stretch against some of the top PFs in the game will tell the tell. BBD is good against 2nd teamers but when it's time to play against starters night in and night out let's see how he does. Some of you may not like Camby but there are teams lining up for him lately. Stop looking at the age of a guy when our core are all 30+. I want a PF to be 6'9 and above not 6'7 if it's not Charles Barkley. Sorry that's just me. I've got the names of the BBD Fan Club.

You got the names of the posters that don't want a overpaid, often injured, old player on the team in place of a young player. (BTW you also included JO with BBD in your trade)  About 98% don't want to do your trade.  Does that tell you something?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Camby vs the Mavs

10 pts, 20 rebs

Too old huh! Man, he must be like fine wine getting better with time. LOL!

Still don't like the trade huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In Response to 3-Way Deal:
    [QUOTE]Houston has said that everyone is in play for trades. Portland is trying to move Camby and the Magic and Knicks are on their rader...C's can't let that go down. Here's my proposal: TO HOUSTON: BBD, JON and Fernandez Houston get's expiring deals and can buyout JON TO PORTLAND: Brad Miller, Bradley and Battier Blazers get a C in Miller to replace Oden and Camby and get some defense. TO BOSTON: Camby C's get a backup C and PF. They can use Camby in many ways but he brings more defense at the rim. I know I know..."we can't trade BBD, he's our best bench player" I can hear it already. I would take Camby's defense and size over BBD all day everyday. Flame away!!

Did you know that Marcus Camby hates Boston?  Maybe it's because what happened when he was in college, I don't know.  But I remember when he was drafted he said that he was glad he wasn't drated by Boston.  I was pissed when I heard that because I was hoping Boston would get him.  Now maybe that has changed after all these years, but then he didn't want to be in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Camby vs the Mavs 10 pts, 20 rebs Too old huh! Man, he must be like fine wine getting better with time. LOL! Still don't like the trade huh?

Did his team win?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Oh so now it's team and not individuals that we're talking about. Let's change the criteria because he's got some people eating crow for calling him old. Gotcha!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Oh so now it's team and not individuals that we're talking about. Let's change the criteria because he's got some people eating crow for calling him old. Gotcha!

Maybe you missed it,  we want winners.  Did he win?   Did Love win?  No crow here. I still don't want to break up a team (BBD, JO, Bradley, and #1 pick I believe is what you suggested)  for one old guy that would not fit in with our team.  Sorry nearly everyone here doesn't agree with you.  No one said he couldn't play BTW.  Most players in the NBA can play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Looks like Bias is high again. No pun intended.

HAHAHA!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Bias is high again. No pun intended. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, you're a fraud. You run and hide when you're called out. Then you come back with your lame, weak one liners. You're like the guy who likes to instigate an argument and then run like a little B.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : P34, you're a fraud. You run and hide when you're called out. Then you come back with your lame, weak one liners. You're like the guy who likes to instigate an argument and then run like a little B.

Called out? What exactly do you mean by that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Maybe you missed it,  we want winners.  Did he win?   Did Love win?  No crow here. I still don't want to break up a team (BBD, JO, Bradley, and #1 pick I believe is what you suggested)  for one old guy that would not fit in with our team.  Sorry nearly everyone here doesn't agree with you.  No one said he couldn't play BTW.  Most players in the NBA can play.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

BTW,who threw in the #1 pick?? That wasn't in the proposal. Why do people here always try to misrepresent what is said so they can make themselves appear right.

Who cares who on here doesn't agree with me. I'm proving that most on here don't know what the hell they're talking about anyway. There are a few that I respect and appreciate their opinions but some of the stuff I read is just absurd. Most stated Camby was too old but he's still putting up good number...better numbers than our bigs combined in recent games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : BTW,who threw in the #1 pick?? That wasn't in the proposal. Why do people here always try to misrepresent what is said so they can make themselves appear right. Who cares who on here doesn't agree with me. I'm proving that most on here don't know what the hell they're talking about anyway. There are a few that I respect and appreciate their opinions but some of the stuff I read is just absurd. Most stated Camby was too old but he's still putting up good number...better numbers than our bigs combined in recent games.

Did you know what you were talking about when you told the people here the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Did you know what you were talking about when you told the people here the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Give it up man!  Just make sure your boy BBD gets more rebounds than a dead guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-Way Deal : Give it up man!  Just make sure your boy BBD gets more rebounds than a dead guy.

Unlike you I don't brag about Marcus Camby getting 20 rebounds when his team lost. 

Tell me, Bias, what would you prefer a Celtic win and 1 rebound by Davis or a Blazers loss and 20 rebounds by Camby? Since you have a hard time understanding sometimes I will rephrase the question, are you happy with 20 rebounds and a loss or you are happy with a win and only 1 rebound?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well let's see since we're better than the Blazers and if Camby came on board I would take the win and his 20 boards. Did we win because BBD got 1 rebound? NO, so Camby's 20 boards didn't help them win and but BBD's 1 rebound didn't help the C's win either. What's your point?

I'm not giving a guy an extension that gets outrebounded 24-1, shoots jumpers instead of going in the paint and 6'7" and can't jump.

Sections
Shortcuts