3 Ways to Do it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: 3 Ways to Do it

4 way trade:

Dallas - KG, Daniels

Utah - Rondo, Marion, Ray

New Orleans - JO, Dooling, Bass, Wilcox

Boston - Harris, Bell, Ariza, Odom, Millsap, Okafor

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it:
    [QUOTE]4 way trade: Dallas - KG, Daniels Utah - Rondo, Marion, Ray New Orleans - JO, Dooling, Bass, Wilcox Boston - Harris, Bell, Ariza, Odom, Millsap, Okafor
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

WOW - a total home makeover!!

I like Rondo for Evans and Cousins, a rumor I heard, but I think it's dying!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]4 way trade: Dallas - KG, Daniels Utah - Rondo, Marion, Ray New Orleans - JO, Dooling, Bass, Wilcox Boston - Harris, Bell, Ariza, Odom, Millsap, Okafor
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Why do you even bother making this stuff up?
    Please show some type of reasonableness in your trade ideas.
    Boston trading away 8 players in one trade? LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : As long as we are discussing trade options how about this one.  Rondo, Jon and a 1st round draft pick for Kaman and Gordon.  Improves the team this year and improves the salary cap flexibility next year.  Sign Gordon to a qualifying offer (unless he gets a big offer) for 1 year and retain his Bird rights.  The roster may be attractive enough to lure DWill & DH.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

I'd do that, although Gordon wouldn't really help us this season as he's out until the playoffs and I'd see no point in rushing him back if we are a low seed with no title hopes

I don't think you can

Pierce - 16.8
    Gordon - 5.1 (QO)
    Avery - 1.6
    Johnson - 1.1

is 24.6 million... with an unsigned 1st rd pick also on the roster... that would put us enough under the cap to sign both Williams and Howard... and I'd have to say that core would be better than a Dallas with only Dirk and Beaubois and no draft picks (unless they get one when they dump Marion, the only way they can afford two max deals is to shed his contract and amnesty Haywood).

But I wouldn't hold my breathe on those two coming here.

It might just be wiser to make other moves with our expiring contracts to get players that fit an Avery-Gordon-Pierce-Bass/Johnson group.

You'd need a tall veteran PG who can guard 2's when Gordon/Avery guard other teams points, you'd need 2 bigs, one of them a defender and another offensive weapon who can play both forward spots (Jeff Green could be this player of course)

You'd have Bass or Johnson to trade (both seem to fit only as a backup PF on a contender) and another 1st rd pick as really the only assets (I guess a protected 2014 1st could be offered)

Ray, KG, Wilcox and Dooling represent 36-37 million in expiring contracts so you gotta hope some team wants to shed salary bad

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Here are 3 possible trades... pretty unlikely but maybe

New Orleans - Rondo, Wilcox, Bass, a 1st rd pick
    Boston - Okafor, Gordon, Jack

Saves the Hornets 9 million next season. Bass/Okafor swap is lopsided, but Bass is a local kid. They would need a C of course as they are unlikely to re-sign Kaman, although if they trade Okafor maybe they would. But that $ savings and the very good Rondo/1st rd pick offer for Gordon (who wants out of new orleans bad) and Jack (not needed with Rondo there) could tip the scales. Jack is playing very well right now tho.

Dallas - KG, Daniels
    Boston - Odom, Marion

As discussed many times this enables Dallas to go after both Williams and Howard this winter with Marions contract off the books. KG would flourish in a froncourt with two 7 footers beside him and Dallas would be just as scary a playoff team, although the perimeter D would suffer with Marion gone... Daniels obv. needs a change of scenery and once played for Dallas so maybe he'd be a pleasant surprise for them.

Utah - Ray, Jermaine, Dooling, the other 1st rd pick and a top 10 protected '14 1st rd pick
    Boston - Big Al, Raja Bell

Utah has terrible outside shooting and a glut of big men. Jermaine gives them playoff experience and tough defense in limited mins, that role is needed for them as well as expanded mins for Millsap, Favors and Kanter is what that froncourt needs. Dooling can backup both guard spots. It would make more sense for them to move Millsap over Al (who can play Center unlike Millsap/Favors) but we also have a glut of PF's so thats why the '14 pick was thrown in to sweeten the deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gordon is currently out until April w/ arthroscopic knee surgery... to me there would be no point in rushing him back for this season unless Pietrus or Bell go down or are downright terrible and Gordon is 100% healthy and dominating in practice

Our playoff rotation:

C - Okafor (32 mins) Big Al (16)
    PF - Big Al (20) Odom (28)
    SF - Pierce (20) Marion (28)
    SG - Pietrus (24) Bell (16) Pierce (8)
    PG - Jack (32) Avery (16)

That is a pretty scary deep team... Doc would have his work cut out for him getting them chemistry and practice of course

But it would be all about next year when you subtract Pietrus, add a 20ppg scorer in Gordon and the full MLE. Jack is a good 12 point 6 assist PG and he could even be an 8-9 assist guy with Al, Gordon and Pierce on the court with him.

Defense would also be solid as Jack, Avery, Bell, Pierce, Pietrus, Marion and Okafor all play above average D. Ony Odom and Al really would be players who play below average D in the rotation, and their rebounding and offensive gifts more than make up for it, if Odom can revert to his LA form.

Okafor/Al and Odom have averaged 2.5 more rebounds per 36 minutes over the last 3 seasons than KG/O and Wilcox and 4.5 more than KG/JO and Bass. Considering the health isues with the guys leaving, we'd be a MUCH better rebounding team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd take Al/Okafor/Odom over Noah/Boozer/Gibson and Bosh/Anthony Haslem

LeBron and Deng get an always rested Marion, Pierce and Pietrus thrown at them all game

Rose gets Jack and Avery, he may actually miss Rondo... while Bell with a little Pietrus and Avery thrown in will be much harder on Wade than Ray

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Our playoff rotation: C - Okafor (32 mins) Big Al (16) PF - Big Al (20) Odom (28) SF - Pierce (20) Marion (28) SG - Pietrus (24) Bell (16) Pierce (8) PG - Jack (32) Avery (16) That team is not going to win a championship. That's like the Celtic team of 1992-1993. That's a team of role players and 1 old All-Star. All-Stars win games, superstars win championships.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Excellent analysis and this is why I think we are not going to deal very much.  We are not going to be a factor this year without moving a big time player in now with a point guard that is reliable.  What about Gasol for Rondo?  And Ray for Lowry.  Is Houston in the market for a three point shooter?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I get the salaries don't match for Gasol and Rondo( if not JON who do you give them not Bass). Mo for Ray does not seem like enough.  Mo can hit wide open shots the anti-Rondo but he is terrible defender and not a very good passer.  He is also much shorter than the 6-1 he is listed at.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : Rondo and JO for Gasol. The Clips are looking for a SG.  Mo Williams is not the ideal PG but he will do. He played well for the Cavs back in 2009 and 2010 when the Cavs won 60 games in each of those seasons.
    It just dawned on me are you thinking when you mention Rasheed that he could be coming back here in the Rondo, JO for Gasol trade if it materializes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Mo Williams may be easily obtainable, but he would be my last resort option in a ray Allen trade. Might as well keep ray if mo is all your getting back. Play Avery at the point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Mo Williams may be easily obtainable, but he would be my last resort option in a ray Allen trade. Might as well keep ray if mo is all your getting back. Play Avery at the point.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]
    I agree with need more than Mo.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : I'm just saying that the Lakers already have Murphy and McRoberts. So signing a very old Sheed, that's been out of the NBA for almost 2 years, is a desperate move.
    I just read the Celtics had a million to pay off on Sheeds contract and it was just done. I have no idea of the implications but why would Sheed want to go play out in LA after two years out of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : I'm just saying that the Lakers already have Murphy and McRoberts. So signing a very old Sheed, that's been out of the NBA for almost 2 years, is a desperate move.

I like Ray for Mo.......after we get rid of Rondo.  We all love Ray, but let's face it, his defense has slipped, and his passing is terrible.  We would be great on the Clips, and probably get them to the WCF......against OKC.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : I agree, if Ray goes to the Clips he will make them a better team. OKC and LAC in the WCF.

Nash is now "open" to being traded........says it's up to the team.  Rondo for Nash and Lopez!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : Nash is now "open" to being traded........says it's up to the team.  Rondo for Nash and Lopez!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Russ that is not a good trade.  Lopez will do nothing for us.  He is barely Chris Wilcox.
    What happened to Gortat in that package?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Our playoff rotation: C - Okafor (32 mins) Big Al (16) PF - Big Al (20) Odom (28) SF - Pierce (20) Marion (28) SG - Pietrus (24) Bell (16) Pierce (8) PG - Jack (32) Avery (16) That team is not going to win a championship. That's like the Celtic team of 1992-1993. That's a team of role players and 1 old All-Star. All-Stars win games, superstars win championships.

your comparisons of my great trades that make the Celtics contenders next season to the 93 and 95 Celtics have been so far off lately Fierce that I wonder if you just became a fan in 2002 or are joking?

That team is better than the one we have now obviously, but I said that it would be hard to gel in time to win this year, it would be all about next year.

Remind me again who the 24 year old 20ppg shooting guard (Gordan) was on the '93 Celtics??

Who was the 28 year old 22-10 PF-C on that team (Big Al)

I'd take Jack over Sherm, Okafor (29) over Parish (38) an older Marion is even with a young Rick Fox. Odom (33) and McHale (34) are about the same age, only McHale could barely move anymore from injuries. Bell/Avery vs. Dee/Gamble is about the same.

Pierce at 34 wasn't quite Reggie Lewis, but we all know Reggie couldn't complete that season and even at age 28 wasn't quite the gamer/defender/rebounder that Paul still is

So basically its a team BETTER than the '93 Celtics WITHOUT including its two best players... Gordon and Jefferson, 20 point scorers in their primes

Jeez, the clubs are not even in the ballpark

Sections
Shortcuts