3 Ways to Do it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Re: 3 Ways to Do it

In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : My ideal scenario: F - KG F - Gasol SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Any plan with KG starting is doomed.  He can no longer stomach contact.  When was the last time you saw him blockout, take a charge, or even dive for a loose ball like he did in his first years in Boston.

Trade him or bench him and let the youth play ball. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : Gordon didn't average 23 ppg, he averaged 22.3 ppg in 56 games last year. We're going to disagree on this one. So I suggest you make a poll/thread about Gordon and Jefferson. Ask the other posters on this board if they think Eric Gordon and Al Jefferson are superstars.

Why do you turn it into things like that?

I NEVER said they were superstars... you don't 'win' a friendly argument b/c you twist around what my side is vs. yours.

My argument is that a team of 7 guys who would be 2nd-4th best players on a contender but NO superstar would be both interesting and fun to throw into the arena, especially in a full season next year, has a slight chance to win and it is a more glorious end for Paul. The teams biggest star since Bird and a top 7 Celtic ever.

I like that better than 4 draft picks in the teens or cap space we won't be giving to actual superstars

you like Pau Gasol... someone slightly better than Jefferson, just like Bosh and Amare but really not a superstar or blowing the whole team up for a 3 year march through the celler

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would do Rondo and Bass for Kaman and Gordon in a heartbeat.  How about Ray to the Clips for Mo Williams right after that.
    Williams/Bradley
    Gordon/Pietrus until Gordon is back
    PP/Pietrus/?
    KG/JJJ/Wilcox
    Kaman/JON/Steamer

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : That's because we can go on forever without getting answers.  Al Jefferson is not even on the same level as Bosh and Amare. Eric Gordon is a small SG. I would rather have Monta Ellis than Eric Gordon. The Thunder have not won a championship yet. But from bottom dweller in 2007 to best team in the west in 2012, that's quite an achievement.  Remember, the Lakers are the fastest team to win another championship from one era to another. 1991 Magic Johnson got beat by the Bulls. 2000 the Lakers won with Shaq and Kobe. Usually it takes teams a decade or more to transition from one Finals team to another.

I'll take Gordon over Ellis no questions asked. Ellis is 3 years older... shoots a worse % and needs 40 mins and 20 shots to get 23-24 points while Gordon needed 37 mins and 17 shots

Al is just a notch below Bosh and Amare, younger and 5 million cheaper, in 2 years he may be past them when he is 28 and they are 31

and I guess you forgot about the Hondo, Cowens, JoJo, Silas Celtics in '76 becoming the Big 3 Celtics in '81.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I would do Rondo and Bass for Kaman and Gordon in a heartbeat.  How about Ray to the Clips for Mo Williams right after that. Williams/Bradley Gordon/Pietrus until Gordon is back PP/Pietrus/? KG/JJJ/Wilcox Kaman/JON/Steamer
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Thats a good team

I'd rather try to keep Ray and get Nash tho

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When you compare players at the same position the best stat to compare and show how close they are in overall talent and production is PER

Last 5 years:

Bosh - 22
    Amare - 21.8
    Big Al - 21.6

He is nipping at their heels and is younger and cheaper. He's just as good an option to be your 2nd best player.

PER doesn't lie

Magic and Larry were always 24-27, slightly better than Kobe, who was always like 22-25 (like Derrick Rose #'s)

Hakeem and KG were like 25-28, same as Wade

LeBron an insane 27-31, same as MJ

Melo and Pierce were always around 19-22, which helps prove what I've always said here, that Paul is a better player in his prime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : Gordon has 1 year of averaging 22.3 ppg and he's already better than Monta Ellis? How sure are you Eric Gordon is not a 1 hit wonder?  Al Jefferson only went to the playoffs once. Amare and Bosh are playoff tested, that's why they're more expensive. To sum it up, Eric Gordon and Al Jefferson have potential, but they're not there yet. Only time will tell. Before 1985 there was no lottery. So it was different back then. 

Not really... you blew that one Fierce

The BS that allowed the Celts to get Parish/McHale and the Lakers Magic/Worthy remains in the bull that allowed the Magic to draft 1st in '93 when they were like 12th 1 year after getting Shaq in '92 or the Bulls to get Rose after similarly being in the teens and a playoff team just 2 years earlier.

2-3% chances to get the #1 pick

But Duncan lands in SA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

top 7 picks who get 16.1 points at age 20, 16.9 age 21 and 22.3 at age 22 are generally not called 1 hit wonders entering their 4th season. Seems they are trending up.

Ellis is a ballhog who shoots way too much at too low a percentage.

His PER ages 24-26 is 18.2

Gordon was 18.5 last year age 22

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : Thats a good team I'd rather try to keep Ray and get Nash tho
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You guys sound more like me everyday!!

Rondo for Nash, and #1 pick..................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : You guys sound more like me everyday!! Rondo for Nash, and #1 pick..................
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

gotta have a big man tho

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 Ways to Do it : gotta have a big man tho
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Follow up - Ray and JON for Big Al and Bell

Utah has Harris, Ray, Burks, Haywood....Miles, Howard, JON, Kanter, Millsap and Favors

BOS has Nash/Bradley...Bell/Moore/Pietrus...PP/Pietrus....KG/Bass/JJJ...Big Al/Wilcox/Steamer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Alright, two more trade proposals:

1. Celtics-Warriors.

To Golden State: Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling.
    To Boston: Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins.

The Warriors save a boatload of money (~$40 million), create sufficient cap space for a max player this off-season, and open up the backcourt for Curry and Thompson. The Celtics add a much-needed scorer in Ellis and bigman depth in Biedrins.

2. Celtics-Hornets.

To New Orleans: Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, Chris Wilcox, 1st round pick.
    To Boston: Chris Kaman, Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza.

The Hornets save a lot of money (~38 million) and add a draft pick, while the Celtics add two bigs and a very good swing man.

Post-trades roster:

1. C Chris Kaman
    2. PF Emeka Okafor
    3. SF Paul Pierce
    4. PG Rajon Rondo
    5. SG Monta Ellis

6. C Andris Biedrins
    7. PF JaJuan Johnson
    8. SF Trevor Ariza
    9. PG Avery Bradley
    10. SG Mickael Pietrus

11. C Greg Stiemsma
    12. SF Marquis Daniels
    13. SG Sasha Pavlovic
    14. SG E'twaun Moore

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Alright, two more trade proposals: 1. Celtics-Warriors. To Golden State: Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, Keyon Dooling. To Boston: Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins. The Warriors save a boatload of money (~$40 million), create sufficient cap space for a max player this off-season, and open up the backcourt for Curry and Thompson. The Celtics add a much-needed scorer in Ellis and bigman depth in Biedrins. 2. Celtics-Hornets. To New Orleans: Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass, Chris Wilcox, 1st round pick. To Boston: Chris Kaman, Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza. The Hornets save a lot of money (~38 million) and add a draft pick, while the Celtics add two bigs and a very good swing man. Post-trades roster: 1. C Chris Kaman 2. PF Emeka Okafor 3. SF Paul Pierce 4. PG Rajon Rondo 5. SG Monta Ellis 6. C Andris Biedrins 7. PF JaJuan Johnson 8. SF Trevor Ariza 9. PG Avery Bradley 10. SG Mickael Pietrus 11. C Greg Stiemsma 12. SF Marquis Daniels 13. SG Sasha Pavlovic 14. SG E'twaun Moore
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

sign me up

of course we'd have no 'superstar' so we would never sniff the east finals:-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

sponse to Re: 3 Ways to Do it:
    [QUOTE]Ray deserves a max contract for two years as does KG. C'mon guys, lets honor these guys and give them what they deserve.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]