30 REBOUNDS?????????????????????????????????

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: 30 REBOUNDS?????????????????????????????????

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only 30 Rebounds against a 1-9 team??????????????????

I am old enough to remember seeing (in person) Bill Russell getting 30 (or more!) rebounds all by himself in many games.

Now I know that none of the current Celtics are in Russell's league as far as a player, BUT only getting 30 total rebounds as a team is downright discouraging.  And, I don't really care about playing four games in five days or even playing six games in five days.

[/QUOTE]
    I wish I was old enough to have seen Russell play.  Those Celtics teams were really impressive. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't think rebounding will improve until it is stressed by Doc.  We are so concerned with getting back on D, that we don't even crash the boards on offense.  And there were not a lot of defensive rebounds to be had last night, since DET got so many transition points, free throws, layups and short jumpers.

Let's face it - we could get Roy Hibbert and we still would have lost last night.  Rondo was in one of his pouty moods, and the team feeds off him.................Pierce also seems a bit out of sorts for some reason.........NO ONE will help us unless and until our leaders come to play every night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Che, I think Fierce is looking for the obvious solution and I'm not so sure that's necessarily the answer.  As much as I'd love to have a rebounding big, I think it goes to a deeper issue.

It goes to effort and technique and we're lacking in both areas.  Our technique is horrible.  When a shot goes up, you see Celtics players looking up at the ball in flight while our opponents are getting their bodies in position to get the rebound.  It doesn't matter who it is, no Celtics player puts a body on his man to secure rebounds.  Sully is the best we have in that department.  We are not taught to consistently box out and it shows most when we're on defense.  There is no excuse whatsoever to give up the number of offensive rebounds our opponents get.

What's even worse is our lack of effort going after rebounds.  How many times have you seen Celtics players standing on the floor when the ball comes off the rim to be rebounded?  Yesterday, Jason Maxiell and Rodney Stuckey were under the basket playing shoot, rebound and shoot again.  All the while as Celtics players just stood there watching.

Two games ago, we were playing the Nets and they were dominating the boards in the first half.  Doc said something to the team because we came out and "team rebounded" in the 2nd half.  There was a marked difference in our effort and technique in the 2nd half.  It was so solid that the Nets commited several "over the back" fouls because Celtic players had rebounding position.  We did not need a new PF or a big rebounder.  We decided to place more emphasis on it.  That's all we need to do.

WE MUST DO THAT EVERY POSSESSION OF EVERY GAME TO REBOUND BETTER!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am so glad that I was able to start a thread where Fiercest and Blogettybloop were able to go back an forth on yet another Celtics-Lakers waste of time btching session.

Perhaps you two guys could exchange personal emails so the rest of us could be spared?

Petey62, thanks for making a reasonable contribution.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am so glad that I was able to start a thread where Fiercest and Blogettybloop were able to go back an forth on yet another Celtics-Lakers waste of time btching session.

Perhaps you two guys could exchange personal emails so the rest of us could be spared?

Petey62, thanks for making a reasonable contribution.

[/QUOTE]

Charliedarling,

Quite frustrating isn't it? See my comment on Dukes recent thread.

seems

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce--- if you are good enough to analyze the problem from the beginnng, you should have zeroed in the rebounding issue. Instead your analysis are like jambalaya. You are all over the place and no one believes you now. Quality not quantity fierce.. u r hit or miss. Now you are relying on a trade to fix this problem?  I guess that's the only solution....no brainer.

Che zeroed in the problem.....right from the start.

[/QUOTE]

Very nice analysis, with the exception that no-one believes Fiercest EVER...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Fiercest34 = ZERO CRED

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

The person with zero cred is you a wipe!  have a blessed day

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fierce--- if you are good enough to analyze the problem from the beginnng, you should have zeroed in the rebounding issue. Instead your analysis are like jambalaya. You are all over the place and no one believes you now. Quality not quantity fierce.. u r hit or miss. Now you are relying on a trade to fix this problem?  I guess that's the only solution....no brainer.

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

Fiercest34 = ZERO CRED

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for staying classy my friend.

:D

Have a very blessed afternoon!

[/QUOTE]

Always and thank you for noticing...its amazing that you would even know class.......oh, and have a really really blessed day!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

Fiercest34 = ZERO CRED

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for staying classy my friend.

:D

Have a very blessed afternoon!

[/QUOTE]

Always and thank you for noticing...its amazing that you would even know class.......oh, and have a really really blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for noticing how classy that I am and how much I know about being classy. I hope your day is filled with peace and joy.

Have a blessed afternoon!

[/QUOTE]

Unlike all the negativity you have in yours my life is filled with peace and joy... have a really really blessed day.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts