30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect

This is the best broadcasting tandem I can think of across the league the last 30 years, and no, Gorman doesn't carry the weight.  I can't believe some of the disrespect that I see given to Heinsohn by jaboobas here on this board.  Tommy is a smart guy, a RED SYSTEM GUY who won a handful or more rings with this team and then won 2 as a coach.

Time to quit the belittling and pretending Tommy stinks, is a simpleton homer, every time he reacts to a foul he's dead wrong- it's just not true.  There have been times where Tommy was a lot more biased than he is today.  In the style of Johnny Most- during the 1980s particularly but he (had to) somehow toned it down when he did those years of national broadcasts for CBS, or they wouldn't have been interested in having him on board.

Any of those who feel Tommy is a crusty, dumb old coot who doesn't know anything any more because it drained out of a hangnail 20 years ago- I dare you to go face to face with this guy over basketball knowledge, talent evaluation.  The bottom line is that Tommy knows more than most of us combined, so quit the cheap hate act on the old guy.  He's a living legend, he's an integral part of the fabric of the franchise for cripe sakes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect

Loved Tommy and Mike since the 1980s. Hope they keep going for 10 more years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect

I enjoy Tommy and Mike. Tommy has green glasses, but then he's supposed to. Mike provides some perspective. No complaints from me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect:
    [QUOTE]I enjoy Tommy and Mike. Tommy has green glasses, but then he's supposed to. Mike provides some perspective. No complaints from me.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding ding!!!!  all color guys are supposed to provide this ingredient.  and we have guys here who find it offensive.

methinks they are wart covered trolls who recently had the bridge they live under torn down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't think i can name anyone who loves the Celtics more than Tommy!  I really hate it when Dish network has the other teams guys doing the game!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect:
    [QUOTE] I don't think i can name anyone who loves the Celtics more than Tommy!  I really hate it when Dish network has the other teams guys doing the game!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

it's barbaric to pay 180 for league pass and not be allowed the simple choice of broadcasters for your favorite team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and after having to listen to the other "broadcast teams" a lot of these teams have right now- they are less than forgettable.  many are downright awful.  even a lot of us who LOVE tommy and mike dont' realize how good we have it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I may be biased as I am a Holy Cross Alumni. Tommy has never forgotten his roots. Every year we had our annual summer camp at HC Tommy would come every year and talk to the kids hang out with the summer coaches. He was 1st VP of the Players Association and 2nd President. He planned a strike before an All Star game and helped win free agency for players. 8 rings 6 All Star games and a college All American. Tommy won two titles as a coach and was a CEO of an Insurance company. A 2 time HOFer 1 as a player the other as a coach and very well may be recognized in three places in the hall before it is all said and done. I think this makes him a pretty smart guy and very well accomplished.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]   I may be biased as I am a Holy Cross Alumni. Tommy has never forgotten his roots. Every year we had our annual summer camp at HC Tommy would come every year and talk to the kids hang out with the summer coaches. He was 1st VP of the Players Association and 2nd President. He planned a strike before an All Star game and helped win free agency for players. 8 rings 6 All Star games and a college All American. Tommy won two titles as a coach and was a CEO of an Insurance company. A 2 time HOFer 1 as a player the other as a coach and very well may be recognized in three places in the hall before it is all said and done. I think this makes him a pretty smart guy and very well accomplished.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

thanks for the bio info.  i did not know all of that.  the guy has done well at everything he has touched.  people need to respect greatness, especially celts greatness and not snooker themselves into taking petty pot shots at celtic GREAT, and a broadcasting GREAT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect : thanks for the bio info.  i did not know all of that.  the guy has done well at everything he has touched.  people need to respect greatness, especially celts greatness and not snooker themselves into taking petty pot shots at celtic GREAT, and a broadcasting GREAT.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Cooz Tommy and Togo were great to their former school. Togo was NIT MVP back when the NIT was the National Championship Tournament. Back then the draft had territorial picks that's when Holy Cross was a national power back in the 50s and why the Celtics had so many local college heroes from all of NE.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]When I watch the games in Comcast and Tommy is one of the broadcasters I mute the entire game. I loved Tommy as a player and admired him but he's too much of a homer for my taste and too ridiculous as a broadcaster most of the time. Just my humble opinion. Can you listen to this more than 15 seconds??????? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA NOT ME. Pierce just slipped and fell.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

You just made your account yesterday? Are you new to this board or just using a different username?

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect:
    [QUOTE]This is the best broadcasting tandem I can think of across the league the last 30 years, and no, Gorman doesn't carry the weight.  I can't believe some of the disrespect that I see given to Heinsohn by jaboobas here on this board.  Tommy is a smart guy, a RED SYSTEM GUY who won a handful or more rings with this team and then won 2 as a coach. Time to quit the belittling and pretending Tommy stinks, is a simpleton homer, every time he reacts to a foul he's dead wrong- it's just not true.  There have been times where Tommy was a lot more biased than he is today.  In the style of Johnny Most- during the 1980s particularly but he (had to) somehow toned it down when he did those years of national broadcasts for CBS, or they wouldn't have been interested in having him on board. Any of those who feel Tommy is a crusty, dumb old coot who doesn't know anything any more because it drained out of a hangnail 20 years ago- I dare you to go face to face with this guy over basketball knowledge, talent evaluation.  The bottom line is that Tommy knows more than most of us combined, so quit the cheap hate act on the old guy.  He's a living legend, he's an integral part of the fabric of the franchise for cripe sakes.
    Is "bimbobrains" the same thing as "know nothings".  But I have to say that you did do a good job of explaining what you meant.  In any city you're going to find posters that are way off base, but also a large % that have pretty good knowledge of their special interest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm new writing but been reading for a long time all the BS you post and the hard on you get for other men. You still believe the Lakers will lose 30 games????? That is some of the none sense you post. You even had a count down, haven't seen it lately. Wondering how you have lasted so long after BDC banned you as Fierce34. You even have a hard on for Pierce.

Oh, you mean like this one?

"hey guys, long time reader first time poster."

First Overall Draft Pick

posted at 2/12/2006 3:32 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/16/2011

hey guys, long time reader first time poster. question? who should we draft. names thrown around,rudy gay, jj redick, morrisson, all could turn out to be great picks no arguments there.but i keep seeing the name rajon

rondo come up .have you guys really seen this guy play ,his shooting makes orien look like jj redick. i have watched him play for two years now, and the more i watch him the less i am impressed with him.i know danny was in lexington a couple days ago to watch him play and rondo did not have a good game at all.imo if we draft a point guard go after washington from memphis i beleive he will be a very good pro player.

ps this is a great board. i really enjoy you guys. very knowledgable and informative.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm new writing but been reading for a long time all the BS you post and the hard on you get for other men. You still believe the Lakers will lose 30 games????? That is some of the none sense you post. You even had a count down, haven't seen it lately. Wondering how you have lasted so long after BDC banned you as Fierce34. You even have a hard on for Pierce.

You keep saying hard on, are you some kind of a kyjelly?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect:
    [QUOTE]This is the best broadcasting tandem I can think of across the league the last 30 years, and no, Gorman doesn't carry the weight.  I can't believe some of the disrespect that I see given to Heinsohn by jaboobas here on this board.  Tommy is a smart guy, a RED SYSTEM GUY who won a handful or more rings with this team and then won 2 as a coach. Time to quit the belittling and pretending Tommy stinks, is a simpleton homer, every time he reacts to a foul he's dead wrong- it's just not true.  There have been times where Tommy was a lot more biased than he is today.  In the style of Johnny Most- during the 1980s particularly but he (had to) somehow toned it down when he did those years of national broadcasts for CBS, or they wouldn't have been interested in having him on board. Any of those who feel Tommy is a crusty, dumb old coot who doesn't know anything any more because it drained out of a hangnail 20 years ago- I dare you to go face to face with this guy over basketball knowledge, talent evaluation.  The bottom line is that Tommy knows more than most of us combined, so quit the cheap hate act on the old guy.  He's a living legend, he's an integral part of the fabric of the franchise for cripe sakes.

-

I bow to aciemvp.

I call for a big case of the clap for aciemvp.

I got man-love for aciemvp (and I ain't in no way ashamed of that!)

But more than any of that, I say:

HATS OFF TO TOMMY & MIKE:  BEST OF THE BEST AND DEN SOME.

-

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rico you are so disoriented and mal-adjusted i don't know what to say.  i do not have "hard on" for men.  i am merely stating that there are a lot of people around here who disparage tommy heinsohn as a bad color announcer.

how you translate that into homo-erotic feelings i will never know.  and PLEASE don't explain it- i think this might be in your head.  go see your therapist and talk it out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect : Is "bimbobrains" the same thing as "know nothings".  But I have to say that you did do a good job of explaining what you meant.  In any city you're going to find posters that are way off base, but also a large % that have pretty good knowledge of their special interest.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

bimbobrainses are worth than knownothings.  they actively go out and desire to know less than nothing and spread bad information and dislike of a celtic legend like heinsohn who is HOF player, HOF coach, soon to be HOF broadcaster.  hat trick HOF and people like duddler think the guy is a rambling bozo of an announcer.  this is an original red system guy, with that legendary team from the earliest days.  he is utmost-worthy of respect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect : - I bow to aciemvp. I call for a big case of the clap for aciemvp. I got man-love for aciemvp (and I ain't in no way ashamed of that!) But more than any of that, I say:   HATS OFF TO TOMMY & MIKE:  BEST OF THE BEST AND DEN SOME. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

AMEN brother!  you scared me for a minute but you must have just been "rico-ing".

we really don't know how good we've had it and have it.  MOST of the teams in this league have HORRIBLE tv announcer teams.  believe me- i have to listen to 41 of them a year!!!!  :-O

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect : AMEN brother!  you scared me for a minute but you must have just been "rico-ing". we really don't know how good we've had it and have it.  MOST of the teams in this league have HORRIBLE tv announcer teams.  believe me- i have to listen to 41 of them a year!!!!  :-O

-

Amen and den some!

When you say, "We really don't know how good we've had it and have it.", 
    you are saying something that I've been trying to tell people for years and years.

Not only are they the best at what they do, but to us true blue Celtic fans, those of us who have the privilege of watching them at our leisure,  they are like old friends coming into our living rooms for every game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

thank god! a post that isn't about the perk trade, rondo bashing, somebody getting punched in the grill or laker trollery.

i grew up with these guys and thirty years together is impressive. if you sift through some of the bloat, tommy knows what he is taking about. biased? for sure, but so am i.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 30 Years of Mike and Tommy- the last of a breed- time for you bimbobrains to pay respect : I wasn't writing about you, I'm talking about P34, I' new writing on this board and learning how to use it. If I replied to you ACIE it was not intentional, I like reading your posts and know you are one of the best here. Any way sorry if I made any unintentional mistake.

"I like reading your posts and know you are one of the best here. Any way sorry if I made any unintentional mistake."

"I apologize for that!  You are a true Celtic fan, and i enjoy reading your posts."

Re: In Case you Forgot!!!

posted at 1/28/2011 9:11 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/16/2011
    In Response to Re: In Case you Forgot!!!:
    Antoine Walker would be 12th man on Bird's 1986 team!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You very well could be right about that! I get caught up in the heat of the argument sometimes, and say things i regret saying. I apologize for that!  You are a true Celtic fan, and i enjoy reading your posts.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts