35+% on Globe Poll want Rondo Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: 35+% on Globe Poll want Rondo Traded

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Fierce is certainly hiding out in Rondo's closet doing God knows what.

Very strange indeed, particularly after his Occupy Rondo fiasco a year ago.

Pud 

Not as strange as your obsessive hate. 

I don't hate fierce. He's right out of Abnormal Psy 101.

Pud

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Odd Headline to the thread.  So 64 pecent of people don't want To trade rondo.

I dont really get why the fact that a minority wants him gone is supposed to mean anything.

Not that I care.  this team needs to be blown up.

Bingo!

Guess that's Eldunker's way of manipulating the facts.

HA!  Pretty shallow thinking...It means that more than a third of the fans, WHICH IS ALOT, want to trade their own player who was voted a starter on the all star team, the proclaimed team leader and one of the highest assists in the hiostory of the NBA and some here think is the best PG in the league!!  It means that intelligent fans know that Rondo's deficiencies hurt the Celtics DESPITE ALL THAT CAMAFLOGE.  

You know how other cities would vote on their starting all stars...probably <1% would want to trade them, not 36% !!!  

It isn't shallow.  It's factual. 2/3rds of Celtics fans don't want to trade Rondo.  I am not ascribing anything to the poll but that simple fact.  Spin however you want. I don't think there is any way to measure the intelligence of either contingent.

You're biased.

As I said, I would trade anyone on this team. Not just Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bradley was guarding Irving!

[/QUOTE]

And why do you think that?  Theres a reason RR was not guarding him.  He could have went for 60

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Bradley was guarding Irving!

And why do you think that?  Theres a reason RR was not guarding him.  He could have went for 60

[/QUOTE]

OneOnOne..seriously? Are you honestly gunna pick at Rondo bc AB was guarding him? when he is one of the top 3 on ball defenders in the league?? "lets bash Rondo bc hes not as good a a defender as Bradley." 

that was pathetic man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

The problem is the stars, KG and Pierce, are not getting it done.

And Rondo is to blame?

No, but Rondo without stars is leading us nowhere, he isn't that type of player. He needs to be a 4th option and that ain't happening when we're rebuilding. So yeah trade him. Our starting backcourt with Rondo and Bradley can't score enough points.

umm..idk any player thats "that type of player." Whos the last superstar to win a championship w/o any other stars with him? Lebron couldnt do it. Kobe couldnt do it. Heck, even MJ had stars with him. What exactly are you trying to say here? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Pierce 5-17 for 12 points. 

That is the problem right there. Pierce has been playing terrible of late. Rondo had 17 points 13 rebounds and 7 assists. Rondo will not be traded. 

Pierce just 3-15 FGs for 12 points.

Rondo obviously not doing his job getting Pierce the right shots. ONly 7 assists? Well below his average..thats why we lost

haha..this is the funniest...Over the last several months all ive heard from you is "Rondo needs to try to score more, all he cares about is his assists." And here today, you have complained that he didnt get enough assists. WOW. And your saying we lost BECAUSE he didnt get enough assists...hahahahahahaha. 

this just shows how much of a Rondo hater you really are...a guy gets 7 assists and your complaining about it....only in Boston...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Oh grow up and stop this Rondo "hater" label for anyone who disagrees with you.

Some of us on here do not believe that Rondo's OVERALL value to this team out-weighs his liabilities as a basketball player.  It has nothing to do with "hating" him.  It has everything to do with an assessment of all the qualities required from a PG and frustration in his deficiencies, inconsistent execution, that affects the whole team, resulting poor team performance.  

Do I "hate" Rondo ?  Of course not.  Although I'm not enamored with his dour personality...

Do I want him traded and see another more complete PG on the floor ?  Absolutely! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I dont really get why the fact that a minority wants him gone is supposed to mean anything.

Bingo!

HA!  Pretty shallow thinking...It means that more than a third of the fans, WHICH IS ALOT, want to trade their own player who was voted a starter on the all star team, the proclaimed team leader and one of the highest assists in the hiostory of the NBA and some here think is the best PG in the league!!  It means that intelligent fans know that Rondo's deficiencies hurt the Celtics DESPITE ALL THAT CAMAFLOGE.  

You know how other cities would vote on their starting all stars...probably <1% would want to trade them, not 36% !!!  

It isn't shallow.  It's factual. 2/3rds of Celtics fans don't want to trade Rondo.  I am not ascribing anything to the poll but that simple fact.  Spin however you want. I don't think there is any way to measure the intelligence of either contingent.

You're biased.

As of the most recent poll, now more Celtics fans would rather trade Rondo than Lee.. What does that say to you! 

and like "hater", "biased" is not a relevant accusation when evaluating basketball skills. We have a difference of opinion. Period.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Recent rumor Rondo possibly traded to Nuggets... thats not possible though cause our resident BB expert said Rondo wont be traded during the season.

We get an adequate PG and a large body that can tie his shoes and chew gum at the same time...dump this kid quick.  Hopefully he'll take Doc and DA with him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Some of us on here do not believe that Rondo's OVERALL value to this team out-weighs his liabilities as a basketball player.  It has nothing to do with "hating" him.  It has everything to do with an assessment of all the qualities required from a PG and frustration in his deficiencies, inconsistent execution, that affects the whole team, resulting poor team performance.  

Do I "hate" Rondo ?  Of course not.  Although I'm not enamored with his dour personality...

Do I want him traded and see another more complete PG on the floor ?  Absolutely! 

+ 33

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Bingo!

You're biased.

As of the most recent poll, now more Celtics fans would rather trade Rondo than Lee.. What does that say to you! 

and like "hater", "biased" is not a relevant accusation when evaluating basketball skills. We have a difference of opinion. Period.  

That the majority of Celtic fans want to keep Lee and rondo. what does it say to you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE] 

[\QUOTE]

Rondo's numbers this year are on par with John Stockten. He went to the hall of fame. Rondo is a terrifc player. He is not Lebron James. he is not Kevin Durant. He is not James Harden. But he is one of the 3 or 4 best point Guards in the league and our best player. and that is why the MAJORITY of the people in that poll don't want to trade him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jamesandersonwho's comment:

Yeah lets blame Rondo for Garnett and Pierce shooting 8- 28. Its the 2nd horrible night for both guys in the last 3 games.

Lets blame Ronod,because Doc can't get Terry involved in the offense or that Terry is too old.

Lets blame Rondo for Bass stinking this year.

Lets blame Rondo for Pierce getting back doored all night.

+2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

In response to edcap99's comment:

Unfortunately, the final decision whether to trade Rondo or not belongs to the Celtics ownership group. Rondo is an All-Star and the assist leader in the NBA. His jersey is one of the most saleable. He has developed a large following of fans around the world. From a business standpoint, it makes little sense to trade Rondo unless the Celtics receive a player of equal standing in return.

Ok so youre right about Rondo... then who should be at the helm?

So we just want to make money? If we bite the bullet for a couple of years while rebuilding we can win and make money. Rondo at the helm equals middle of the pack. Celtics = banners no?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

That's why I rarely reply to your posts, pud, you're nothing but a piece of overlooked trash that stinks like hell.

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE] 

[\QUOTE]

Rondo's numbers this year are on par with John Stockten. He went to the hall of fame. Rondo is a terrifc player. He is not Lebron James. he is not Kevin Durant. He is not James Harden. But he is one of the 3 or 4 best point Guards in the league and our best player. and that is why the MAJORITY of the people in that poll don't want to trade him.

Thats right... Rondo is an imperfect player just like every player in the league except for maybe two or three... but that being said, he is better than most and definitely the best player on the Celtics...yes there are times when he is frustrating but Im guessing he gets frustrated with the lack of help he is getting... KG and PP once great are both shells of themselves...Terry, Green, and Bass have been mediocre at best and I am sure Ainge and Doc expected way more from them as did we....you put someone like Rondo with either the Heat or the thunder and you watch how great he would be... just saying

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

That's why I rarely reply to your posts, pud, you're nothing but a piece of overlooked trash that stinks like hell.

+1

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Pierce 5-17 for 12 points. 

That is the problem right there. Pierce has been playing terrible of late. Rondo had 17 points 13 rebounds and 7 assists. Rondo will not be traded. 

Pierce just 3-15 FGs for 12 points.

Rondo obviously not doing his job getting Pierce the right shots. ONly 7 assists? Well below his average..thats why we lost

haha..this is the funniest...Over the last several months all ive heard from you is "Rondo needs to try to score more, all he cares about is his assists." And here today, you have complained that he didnt get enough assists. WOW. And your saying we lost BECAUSE he didnt get enough assists...hahahahahahaha. 

this just shows how much of a Rondo hater you really are...a guy gets 7 assists and your complaining about it....only in Boston...

First off, I'm sorry my attempt at sarcasm flew way over your head.

Second, I dont think youve seen me post alot about Rondo needing to score more.. must either be confusing me with someone else or needed invent that to make your point.

Finally, would it be unfair to complain Rondo's assist numbers that game were way below his avg? Why would you view 7 assists in a vacuum?

I dont hate Rondo, I want him to do great all the time for the C's... been a fan for 45 years. I just dont like the way he plays alot of the time and think he's very over rated and like to post my point of view on it.

Is that ok with you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I dont hate Rondo, I want him to do great all the time for the C's... been a fan for 45 years. I just dont like the way he plays alot of the time and think he's very over rated and like to post my point of view on it.

Is that ok with you?

Karl.... did you ever think that you may be too old to appreciate R9R's style of play? It happens. Things change. This is the 21st century already I hear.

I've got one foot in the grave and the closer I get to getting that 2nd foot in, the worse R9R seems to play.

Its  killing me... don'tcha think? Maybe you too.

Besides these new guys, these Rondo-firsters, maybe, just maybe could teach us old f.arts a little something about  basketball in the Age of Rondo... if we'd just let them.

Maybe we both need to get with the program, sip some old-fools  kool-aid,  sit back, accept things just the way they've become  and marvel at this kids game... every 6th or 7th game that he actually tries.

I'm willing to give it a try. Rondo's willing to give it an occasional try. How about you?

Pud