1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: 4-0

"while beating the nba champ Heat and contender Clippers.."

Heat was a good win, no doubt about that. Clippers without Paul are not a contending team and they played horrible. 

4-0 is super nice, reflects our depth at the guard position and yes, some freedom from the constraints of the offense running through Rondo. 

Last year in the playoffs we took the Heat to seven games in the conference finals. We're not getting anywhere near that yet, because when it matters you need talent to win and Rondo has way more talent than those taking his minutes. If I'm wrong and we do reasonably well in the playoffs, I'll admit it and admit I was wrong. Until then a few regular season wins doesn't change a whole lot for me. Let's find out how good we are without Rondo - in the postseason. Or we can be prisoners of the regular season moment. That doesn't interest me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Heat was a good win, no doubt about that. Clippers without Paul are not a contending team and they played horrible. 

4-0 is super nice, reflects our depth at the guard position and yes, some freedom from the constraints of the offense running through Rondo. 

Last year in the playoffs we took the Heat to seven games in the conference finals. We're not getting anywhere near that yet, because when it matters you need talent to win and Rondo has way more talent than those taking his minutes. If I'm wrong and we do reasonably well in the playoffs, I'll admit it and admit I was wrong. Until then a few regular season wins doesn't change a whole lot for me. Let's find out how good we are without Rondo - in the postseason. Or we can be prisoners of the regular season moment. That doesn't interest me. 

This is getting boring about Rondo in the post season..

I guess people have thrown in the towel about arguing the team being better with ROndo.. now you point to the post season only lol

Remember one thing...getting close only counts in horseshoes..  No matter how good ROndo played agsint the Heat, when it counted most in the 2nd half and 4th qtr  of game 7....where was he?

Going 7 games or getting swept, we still lost the ECF's.. but I getya..made ya feel good

BUT who did we beat to get there???? The Hawks and 76ers!!! 

Lets keep things in perspective

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I guess people have thrown in the towel about arguing the team being better with ROndo.. now you point to the post season only lol

Remember one thing...getting close only counts in horseshoes..  No matter how good ROndo played agsint the Heat, when it counted most in the 2nd half and 4th qtr  of game 7....where was he?

Going 7 games or getting swept, we still lost the ECF's.. but I getya..made ya feel good

I think most intelligent people are just waiting to see the teams body of work over an entire season.

I am not interested in being "right". These arguments are bizarre. Rondo isnt coming back this year.   

We can fight about this stuff at the end of the year when we all know what happened without him instead of guessing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I think most intelligent people are just waiting to see the teams body of work over an entire season

Intelligent people? we are just talking BB here  snake....wonder why we call people stvpid & moron just discussing what's not important daily - maybe if we are discussING solving math problems, i can agree.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

I think most intelligent people are just waiting to see the teams body of work over an entire season

Intelligent people? we are just talking BB here  snake....wonder why we call people stvpid & moron just discussing what's not important daily - maybe if we are discuss solving math problems, i can agree.  

I didn't call anybody anything but I get your point.

I take it back.  ha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

A Rondo-led  Celtic team this year could easily have not made the PO's. (Not Rondo's fault, BTW! Poor supporting cast.)

And if by some fluke, our currently rejuvenated Rondo-less team earns a spot in the PO's, I can hear their rigged argument already.

If somehow they get into the finals.... Rondo inspired them to greatness. He's that much of a leader.

And if they (very likely) don't get that far.... they sukk w/o Rondo.

The sad reality is that some here would prefer that we lose with Rondo, no matter how stinko we are...  than win w/o him... and are wishing failure on the current squad.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

and are wishing failure on the current squad.

I don't think fan like me wishing failure on the current squad...what i know & most were saying, 4 games winning does not mean a zhyte and they better wait and see. Although for me, if ainge can find a franchise trade for Rondo...I will part him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I think most intelligent people are just waiting to see the teams body of work over an entire season.

I am not interested in being "right". These arguments are bizarre. Rondo isnt coming back this year.   

We can fight about this stuff at the end of the year when we all know what happened without him instead of guessing.

Isnt this forum the place to debate, discuss (aka fight) about these things??

We arent the GM or owners of the C's... we're fans.. this is what fans do.. have fun with it and dont take it so seriously like BostonProSportsLover, who rattles off his/her basketball credentials, street cred and connections to insiders in a lame effort to justify insight to his mostly moronic posts and shock-jock thread headlines.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We arent the GM or owners of the C's... we're fans.. this is what fans do.. have fun with it and dont take it so seriously like BostonProSportsLover, who rattles off his/her basketball credentials, street cred and connections to insiders in a lame effort to justify insight to his mostly moronic posts and shock-jock thread headlines.

You're right.

I just never can really figure out the Rondo obsession though. People either love the dude or hate him and it never ends.

It drives me crazy. I just think of him as a good distributer, that boards well for a pg, that doesn't shoot well.

I don't think of him as either a cancer or the best pg in the NBA.  He's like any other player on the C's he has his strenghts and he has his weaknsesses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I don't think fan like me wishing failure on the current squad...what i know & most were saying, 4 games winning does not mean a zhyte and they better wait and see. Although for me, if ainge can find a franchise trade for Rondo...I will part him.

You seem open-minded about this matter and can accept change to improve the team.

One of many.

Others are frightened and in agony over the prospects of this team doing well w/o Rondo. The "Rondo-1st; team-2nd" crowd.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't anyone who is like that on here. I've been watching since 75 or so.

I care about Rondo about as much as I did Terry Duerod. I like everyone who plays on the C's. I even like Mark Blount.

My pic on my profile is Curtis Rowe.

I think it is more odd that people don't like a guy that is on the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You're right.

I just never can really figure out the Rondo obsession though. People either love the dude or hate him and it never ends.

It drives me crazy. I just think of him as a good distributer, that boards well for a pg, that doesn't shoot well.

I don't think of him as either a cancer or the best pg in the NBA.  He's like any other player on the C's he has his strenghts and he has his weaknsesses.

Snake,
    The controversy comes from his unusual skill set.  Some people here just can't accept his flaws even though his strenghths are off the charts.  Rondo is lightning in a bottle, he has singlehandedly won games on the biggest stage basketball has to offer. I can be specific, with you I don't have to, but it is important to know this little guard can play like Lebron or Kobe intermittently and so few can.

His improvement in shooting this year and last year in the playoffs is also something noteworthy. Before he is done he may actually end up a shooter you cannot leave open.  

Rondo with his tanking after the trade deadline in 2011, and his taking off nights has ventured into areas that are almost unforgiveable.   This is where all the haters have a point.  Of course they behave with the same objectivity as Obama haters on when it comes to judging his actual abilities.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

They do have a point. But to get so worked up over Rondo, to act like that now that he is gone that this team is going to be much better is ridiculous.

We all know this team is not going to consistently win this year or go deep in the playoffs as it is currently contstructed.

Yet people are actually jumping up and down with excitement because the team is playing well when Rondo is injured.

It is bizarre.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

You seem open-minded about this matter and can accept change to improve the team.

One of many.

Others are frightened and in agony over the prospects of this team doing well w/o Rondo. The "Rondo-1st; team-2nd" crowd.

Pud

Well, I learned it from Dudder (many years now). I believed his initial assessment up to this minute was right on the botton. But, I will not let Rondo go unless Ainge can find a franchise player to swap.....reason? we don't have anything on the table to use for a bait...zero

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

They do have a point. But to get so worked up over Rondo, to act like that now that he is gone that this team is going to be much better is ridiculous.

We all know this team is not going to consistently win this year or go deep in the playoffs as it is currently contstructed.

Yet people are actually jumping up and down with excitement because the team is playing well when Rondo is injured.

It is bizarre.

Because we are much better without Rondo.

0-6 with Rondo, 4-0 without.

You are smart enough to know a four game period is not a big enough sample.  We are as they say trending in the right direction.  Even Doc and Danny would tell you the roster has a void in it.  A big man is needed to protect KG and please don't say Wilcox can fill that void.  Please don't, the Celtics need a big man that is not on their roster!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

You are smart enough to know a four game period is not a big enough sample.  We are as they say trending in the right direction.  Even Doc and Danny would tell you the roster has a void in it.  A big man is needed to protect KG and please don't say Wilcox can fill that void.  Please don't, the Celtics need a big man that is not on their roster!

AMEN!

Sections
Shortcuts