4 6:03 Bos Substitution: Paul Pierce in for Jeff Green.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: 4 6:03 Bos Substitution: Paul Pierce in for Jeff Green.

Green needs to be out there at the end of every game as a rule. It is time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Every team in the NBA knows that the last 5 minutes every shot will be by PP or KG unless it is a last second heave by a shocked teammate that they actually got the ball,but with 2 seconds left on the 24. I call it slog ball and it has lost us a bunch of winnable games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Green is young and talented.  He's been a mild force recently, but let's also not forget where he was last year.  He may have recovered from his problem, but it takes a year or more to recover from the surgery and what was done to him in that process.  To me the question is more about not killing Green than it is about wearing down Pierce.  I don't care is Jeff is in the best game shape of his life, he still was waylaid by a heart condition that kept him out last season.  Does Doc have some of this in his head when he sees Green playing extended minutes? I don't know, but I could understand if he did.  I've seen Green ask out during games, so maybe he's aware of his body more than anyone else?  Just a thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to joel49's comment:

Four point lead against Charlotte.  Good team flow.  6:03 to go.  Green the most productive player on the floor for the C's with 18 pts in just over 24 minutes and six for six from the stripe.  Doc pulls Green in favor of Pierce (who played 54 minutes last night).   Green sits until the final 26 seconds.  C's fail to score in the final 2:14.  C's lose.  Brutal.  

Normally I don't critisize doc who think is one of the best, but I think you are right he messed up. Not only that I'm worried Pierce won't be himself when he plays against Chicago on Wednesday. after playing 84 minutes the last two days. Should have rode Green who had the hot hand. 

So your saying pull our best big shot maker, second best rebounder in favor of Green?  Why not pull him in favor someone like Bass?   During our streak, PP and KG have been our best players.  Yes other guys have stepped up and played better, but Pierce has done more things than anyone else we got,  but here we are getting the typical anti Pierce rants. You do provide the best reason of why PP should have had the rest. But the rest should not have been at the end of the game, but earlier in the game.  You don't take your best player out at the end.  You make room for Green in multiple other places.

I think you're misunderstanding.  It's not that Pierce replaced Green.  It's that Pierce should have replaced Bass.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Green needs to be out there at the end of every game as a rule. It is time.

At the 2....

The 2 .... ?????

Well at least you didn't say the 4 !

I would have started Green at the 2 from Day One.

Holy smoke,  we had 5 guards on day one,  shorthanded at the big and you would take a big out and put him at the 2 spot?  Incredible.  You couldn't coach kid league ball.

Sections
Shortcuts