4 6:03 Bos Substitution: Paul Pierce in for Jeff Green.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

4 6:03 Bos Substitution: Paul Pierce in for Jeff Green.

Four point lead against Charlotte.  Good team flow.  6:03 to go.  Green the most productive player on the floor for the C's with 18 pts in just over 24 minutes and six for six from the stripe.  Doc pulls Green in favor of Pierce (who played 54 minutes last night).   Green sits until the final 26 seconds.  C's fail to score in the final 2:14.  C's lose.  Brutal.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: 4 6:03 Bos Substitution: Paul Pierce in for Jeff Green.

In response to joel49's comment:

Four point lead against Charlotte.  Good team flow.  6:03 to go.  Green the most productive player on the floor for the C's with 18 pts in just over 24 minutes and six for six from the stripe.  Doc pulls Green in favor of Pierce (who played 54 minutes last night).   Green sits until the final 26 seconds.  C's fail to score in the final 2:14.  C's lose.  Brutal.  

Normally I don't critisize doc who think is one of the best, but I think you are right he messed up. Not only that I'm worried Pierce won't be himself when he plays against Chicago on Wednesday. after playing 84 minutes the last two days. Should have rode Green who had the hot hand. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Doc is loyal to a fault, but it also the reason KG and PP wold die for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Remember the last Celtics vs Bulls game? Coach has the last call while a player has the last shot!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We all thought the same thing when Green went out. The Bobcats had no one who could stop Green.

As I said, I wish Gregg Popovich was our coach. He understands when to rest his players.

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Normally I don't critisize doc who think is one of the best, but I think you are right he messed up. Not only that I'm worried Pierce won't be himself when he plays against Chicago on Wednesday. after playing 84 minutes the last two days. Should have rode Green who had the hot hand. 

Also agree that Green should have been playing.  It is going to be difficult for Pierce and KG on Wednesday against the Bulls.  They both played too many minutes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

just another example of why Doc isnt  a good coach..

Seems so many find major faults with his coaching yet say hes the best coach in the nba.... guess its just drilled into your heads...

This isnt the first time Doc benched our best player for the game and let him rot when it counted the most.. Some call it loyalty to his vets, others call it stupidity..

Some may ask Piece only played 54 mins the other night, why not put him in piling on more minutes to replace JG, who was our most effective player last night??   Doc may be the only coach in the NBA to do this... Loyalty?? Hes being loyal by killing Pierce with minutes and removing our best player to boot??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

just another example of why Doc isnt  a good coach..

Seems so many find major faults with his coaching yet say hes the best coach in the nba.... guess its just drilled into your heads...

This isnt the first time Doc benched our best player for the game and let him rot when it counted the most.. Some call it loyalty to his vets, others call it stupidity..

Some may ask Piece only played 54 mins the other night, why not put him in piling on more minutes to replace JG, who was our most effective player last night??   Doc may be the only coach in the NBA to do this... Loyalty?? Hes being loyal by killing Pierce with minutes and removing our best player to boot??

As a Doc supporter I have to admit last night taking Green out was an incredible lapse in judgement. Green has shown he should be in at the end of every game from here on in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Doc is gonna ride those two work horses like a possessed jockey.  Doc has proven time and time again he is loyal to PP, KG and Rondo to a fault.  He is gonna live and die with that mentality and there is nothing that can or will change his mind.  Enjoy the ride folks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

pulling the guy with the hottest hand out in crunch time? he had Bass in and Green out in the last crucial minutes. you gotta beat the worst team in the guys. back to back games or not. what was Doc thinking?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Green should have stayed in

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Yes, and we all know it.

The question is, why doesn't Doc know it?

It took Doc a year and a half to know Bradley wasn't a point guard. It will take another year at least before he figures out Green!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

We all thought the same thing when Green went out. The Bobcats had no one who could stop Green.

As I said, I wish Gregg Popovich was our coach. He understands when to rest his players.

+100

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yes, and we all know it.

It's a weakness of his, Pop is the best coach in the league hands down, but after pop who is better than Doc? He's one of the best but not the best. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Sorry, but Doc's handling of Jeff Green has frustrated me all season. He gives him inconsistent minutes and when he is hot, he puts him back on the bench.

Green is a young, talented player who should get plenty of minutes when he is playing well. It's not that complicated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Yes, and we all know it.

It's a weakness of his, Pop is the best coach in the league hands down, but after pop who is better than Doc? He's one of the best but not the best. 

I'm starting to think that Adelman is better. He coached very good teams and was one rigged series away from the championship.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

that was about as frustrating as it gets.  Bass should have been on the pine, Green was methodically winning that game last night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

So your saying pull our best big shot maker, second best rebounder in favor of Green?  Why not pull him in favor someone like Bass?   During our streak, PP and KG have been our best players.  Yes other guys have stepped up and played better, but Pierce has done more things than anyone else we got,  but here we are getting the typical anti Pierce rants. You do provide the best reason of why PP should have had the rest. But the rest should not have been at the end of the game, but earlier in the game.  You don't take your best player out at the end.  You make room for Green in multiple other places.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I didn't have a problem with PP going in, but I hated to see JG going out.  I assume maybe he still has issues/fears about his heart if he plays too hard?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I didn't have a problem with PP going in, but I hated to see JG going out.  I assume maybe he still has issues/fears about his heart if he plays too hard?

I doubt that very seriously.  I have had the same procedure.  JG should have played more minutes no doubt.

Sections
Shortcuts