4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo

option #1 also gives us only these contracts for next season:

Pierce - 16.8
    Gortat - 7.2
    Bass - 4 (PO)
    Avery - 1.6
    Johnson - 1.1

I'd assume we keep Moore and the Steamer at 1.3 combined...

that is 32 million

The cap is going to be 56 million, it was locked in

You can offer Deron Williams a max deal and still have 6-7 million left over to offer someone (say OJ Mayo) a 5 year deal at 40 million.

Then somehow work it where you give the MLE and mini-MLE to KG, Ray and Jeff Green

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Gortat, Steamer
    PF - KG, Bass
    F - Johnson
    SF - Pierce, Green
    SG - Allen, Moore
    G - Mayo
    PG - Williams, Avery

Moore and the 2 1st rd picks round out the 15... although I would totally do a draft day trade where Bass (if he picks up his option) goes in a packeg with a pick in the low 20's for a pick in the low teens.

That free's up 4 million as well.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If we wait till March 1st we can add Dooling and either Sasha/Daniels to the deal and get back Grant Hill.

A bench with Hill playing point forward and Avery hounding SG's would be pretty scary... with Pietrus already showing he is the best wing we have had since Posey.

I think Wilcox/Johnson/Bass/Steamer will hold down the fort fine at the 4-5 but there is a little wiggle room to improve there as well with either Bass or Wilcox, and a draft pick going for an upgraded big making around 5 million.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo : rame, the salary cap will be 58m next season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

oooh even better

if you are Deron Williams... where do you want to play?

Everyone says Dallas is the likely landing place

So Dirk, Haywood, Shawn Marion, Beaubois and w/e Dallas can get for the MLE (no draft pick)

or with Paul, Gortat, Mayo the promise of KG/Ray and Green returning (splitting up the 8 million in exceptions somehow) and with TWO picks, maybe Bass, and good youth in Johnson/Avery and good depth in Steamer/Moore??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I think we can give the Suns one 1st round draft pick. The question is, are the Suns trading Gortat?

Seems fair straight up... old big for young big, old PG for young PG... Rondo is as much better an asset and future talent as Gortat is. JO and Nash or both old expirings.

The Suns have options at C. Robin Lopez as a restricted free agent they can keep him for 5-6m a year easy and Channing Frye can play some Center and is currently overpaid for years. Morris their draft pick has the bulk/upside to be a Kurt Thomas/PJ Brown guy in the trenches.

That team will have NO PG when Nash leaves and be forced to draft one... its a deep draft but not at PG. There is a lot of Avery type talent, combo-guards, guys you can get in the mid-teens..

Rather than reach for a PG w/ a pick around 10, draft a scoring wing, amnesty Childress, build the new :07 or less team around Rondo, get one more lotto pick in 2013 and have 20 million in cap space to lure young athlete's to be part of a lob city in the desert situation

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo : What I like about having Nash and Gortat is it makes us an elite team. I believe going all in now is better than not doing anything and facing 5 years of uncertainty after this season.

Gortat has gotten 11.2 rebounds per 36 minutes the past 4 years

Perk is at 9.8 rebounds per 36 min the past 4 years

and Jermaine can't come close to playing 36 minutes a game

we know you value rebounding

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Option 1?????  50% chance...G T F O H!!!!!!!!!!  Does Gortat even play defense?  We know nash will get eaten up by Rose, Wade, Chalmers, whoever Philly has...

Keep intact!!!!  The window is closed and let the chips fall where they may this season!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugot. Show fugot's posts

option 5:
    ainge realizes this board is smarter then himself.  hires fiercest to make all the decisions..fiercest trades rondo to everyone surprise for nash and pick.  celts make it to playoffs, nash is more consistent then rondo, but turns out he plays even less defense. gets eaten alive by eastern conference pg's. (Hey I like  NASH alot-just my take).

I actually think what we see is what we have for this year.. DA wants cap room for next year. If he can resign KG for under 7 million I think he does it for 1 year. Ray for under 4 million, maybe he does  it. But he resigns jeff green for sure.  so the core is
    PG-rondo/bradley,SG-moore/,? SF- green/ pierce, PF-jjj/kg , C- ?/bass/steima  .  what we need is a center and a sg who can great his own shot.    but DA has cap room...

especially if we do not resign kg and rayray. rondo makes 10 Million, pierce makes 16.9? million. green makes 8-9 million. other make 5 ish million..that leaves 15 million -ish for a center and a scorer....

by the end of the year we will know how good Moore can be..As well as a better read on JJJ (green btw is a small forward).  anyway, what do I know...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo : Gortat is a good defender. You didn't see what he did to our bigs when the Suns beat the Celts last January? You're underestimating Steve Nash. The coaches voted Nash to the All-Star team. Rondo didn't make the All-Star team. I think the coaches have more credibility than you. And you giving up on the Celtics already? We're not even at the halfway point yet.

So e.g. since Rudy Gay is not an All Star player, you wouldn't trade Pierce for him, am i right? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo : Seems fair straight up... old big for young big, old PG for young PG... Rondo is as much better an asset and future talent as Gortat is. JO and Nash or both old expirings. The Suns have options at C. Robin Lopez as a restricted free agent they can keep him for 5-6m a year easy and Channing Frye can play some Center and is currently overpaid for years. Morris their draft pick has the bulk/upside to be a Kurt Thomas/PJ Brown guy in the trenches. That team will have NO PG when Nash leaves and be forced to draft one... its a deep draft but not at PG. There is a lot of Avery type talent, combo-guards, guys you can get in the mid-teens.. Rather than reach for a PG w/ a pick around 10, draft a scoring wing, amnesty Childress, build the new :07 or less team around Rondo, get one more lotto pick in 2013 and have 20 million in cap space to lure young athlete's to be part of a lob city in the desert situation
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Ibelieve they will still have Aaron Brooks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Option 1?????  50% chance...G T F O H!!!!!!!!!!  Does Gortat even play defense?  We know nash will get eaten up by Rose, Wade, Chalmers, whoever Philly has... Keep intact!!!!  The window is closed and let the chips fall where they may this season!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Not know how Chalmers would fit in that category, but Rose, Wade, etc pretty much eat up who ever they play, even each other.  So Rose would 34 against Nash and 30 against Rondo.  On the flip side Rose would also be forced to guard someone that actually shoot the ball great from anywere on the court. With that happening imagine how much easier it would be for PP to get open lanes to the rack, Ray getting wide open shots easily..  I don't think there is anyone in the league that creates easier shots for his team mates than Nash. Rondo is good as well but Nash has the threat of scoring which means he will get doubled at times as well, which in turn gets other people open.  PP and KG both can pass the ball well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I'll take door number 3.

Now how do we get Rudy Gay????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo : Ibelieve they will still have Aaron Brooks.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

If he can escape China I think he'd be a FA after the season

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]option #1 also gives us only these contracts for next season: Pierce - 16.8 Gortat - 7.2 Bass - 4 (PO) Avery - 1.6 Johnson - 1.1 I'd assume we keep Moore and the Steamer at 1.3 combined... that is 32 million The cap is going to be 56 million, it was locked in You can offer Deron Williams a max deal and still have 6-7 million left over to offer someone (say OJ Mayo) a 5 year deal at 40 million. Then somehow work it where you give the MLE and mini-MLE to KG, Ray and Jeff Green

Teams can't use both the MLE and Mini-MLE.
    Boston would have the Mini-MLE and Veterans Minimum to sign Garnett, Allen, Green. I don't think they will work for any 3 of them, much less all 3 of them.
    The Cap is not locked in. It is estimated to be between $58m to $60m.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 Options With or Without Rondo : If he can escape China I think he'd be a FA after the season

When Aaron Brooks returns he will be a Restricted Free Agent.

25. This post has been removed.