40 Rebounds is Not a Secret

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret

Steamer  will only get better. I think he is a average player who benifits with playing with talent. He has improved everywhere he goes.  He looked comfortable with the starters.  I like him better then Krytic

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We need a 5  that can give us some fous and I be ok with this teams roster   gard fouls and rebounds is what I think we are missing..  We good at the 4  we good at small forward and shooting guard  I think are weekness is alsom bench minutes for Rondo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Getting 50% or more of the rebounds will always work, whether there is only 70 total rebounds or 90 rebounds. Take care of the rebounds and we will be tough. 85 rebounds tonight and we got 43.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret : If the Celts only got 38 rebounds, like their season average the last 2 years, then it's not going to be 50% of 85.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

It would be if there were only 76 rebounds during the game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret : Not really. If you minus 5 def rebs from the Celts and add it to the Wiz's off reb. totals then this game would have been totally different.  The point is the Celts limited the Wiz's 2nd chance points from offensive rebounds.  In 2008 and 2009 the Celts averaged 42 rebounds per game. If you missed a shot against the Celts back then, you're going to pay because you're not going to get many offensive rebounds against the Celts. It was one and done!

Not  really?  What do you mean 50% is 50% unless you don't get 50%  Of course if you change the amount of rebounds and give the Wizards more rebounds then we don't get 50%. If we get 5 offensive rebounds tonight then we end up with 48 and they end up with 37.  Not rocket  science.  Yes the pt is we won the rebounding total no matter how many rebounds were there.  Doesn't make any difference what happened in 2008, 2009 or 1967.  Bottom line is we have to win or be close to even on rebounding each game no matter how many rebounds are there for the game.  Either that or we better be really hot or they better have a ton of turnovers.  You can bring thousands of ifs into the scenario.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret : I don't disagree with you about the % of rebounds. You are correct in saying that the Celts should get at least 50% of the rebounds every game. Here's the thing, no team in NBA history has won a championship averaging LESS THAN 40 rebounds per game. We came close in 2010 but in the end we still lost in Game 7 because of rebounding. We allowed the Lakers 23 offensive rebounds in that Game 7.

Hey 40 rebounds is a good number to shoot for, no doubt.  For our games at our pace.  No NFL team has ever made the playoffs with the worst defense in the league either, let alone a superbowl.  Both the Packers and the Pats were ravaged on defense (2 worst) and they are probably the favorites to win.  As KG would say "anything is possible!!!!!!!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We won 2 of the 4 NBA finals games in '08 with 33 and 37 rebounds and in a 3rd win were outrebounded by LA 41-40

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

2 of the 4 wins vs. Orlando in 2010, no more than 38 boards

2 of the 4 wins vs. Cleveland in 2010, no more than 37 boards

hmm...

The point may be that when we don't win you can often check and see that we also dind't get 40 boards

but literally 50% of our WINS the past 4 years..... in which we won a title and came injuries and a ref hose job 4th quarter from winning a 2nd... came with less than 40 rebounds

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]2 of the 4 wins vs. Orlando in 2010, no more than 38 boards 2 of the 4 wins vs. Cleveland in 2010, no more than 37 boards hmm... The point may be that when we don't win you can often check and see that we also dind't get 40 boards but literally 50% of our WINS the past 4 years..... in which we won a title and came injuries and a ref hose job 4th quarter from winning a 2nd... came with less than 40 rebounds
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

We were closer to playing a up tempo game in 08 than any year since,  therefore more shots and more rebounds.  We just have to control the boards no matter how many are out there to be had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd love to get 40 boards a game... it would go a long way towards winning... but I'd rather have all our players healthy, PP/Ray shooting 55%/45%/100%, KG shooting 60% and going to the line 3-4 times and Rondo having over 12 dimes and making a few open J's... AND A FAIRLY OFFICIATED GAME

to me, health, shooting, and the refs not destroying us are more important factors to winning than the +/- 40 on the boards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And that is b/c in all our playoff losses we were either, hurt, cold from the field or KILLED by terrible calls (or all 3, like in game 7)

but we won half our playoffs games the last 4 years getting rebound sin the mid 30's...

I don't harp on that like I shake me head at Allen's quad not giving him any life, KG's knee never being the same after  Feb of '09, Perk's knee, Sheed's back, the worst officiating in the history of any quarter/game (maybe '02 LA-Kings matches it)

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I can find multiple playoff wins where we had 36-38 boards

I bet you can't find a healthy Celtics team that shot 50% and didn't get terrible calls or in serious foul trouble... and lost

In every loss in '08 (last time we were legit healthy, cuz KG was out in '09 and not himself in '10) we shot 31-48% from the field in our losses (majority was 38-45%)

wouldn't you say 50% FG shooting is more important than 40 rebounds if we NEVER shoot 50% in a loss but CONSTANTLY get under 40 rebounds in wins?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]rame Let me say it again, no team in the history of the NBA has ever won a championship averaging LESS THAN 40 rebounds per game in a season.

You can say it till the cows come home and I will tell you it is an important stat but its a distant 3rd on my list behind 50% shooting and health (can't decide which of those 2 is more important... I guess health unless its just multiple minor injuries and nobody out of the game)

and that assumes a fairly officiated game... which we now can ruin a team that may only be grabbing 35 rebounds... but would still be holding a trophy over their heads if all the calls were fair

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts