40 Rebounds is Not a Secret

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret

True, and sad, ruins the sport

oh and even w/ all those rebounds, if JUST Ray Allen shot under 50% tonight, we would have lost the game;-)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You have two options fierce without knowing anything else:

option A - 53% from the field, 37 rebounds

option B - 44% from the field, 46 rebounds

What do you choose?

Cuz I'm going to tell you overwhelmingly option A will create almost ZERO losses, while option B it's 50-50

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well obv we should try to avg over 40 rebounds a game for the regular season so historically we'd be in good shape...

Just that I saw us win half our playoff games with less than 40 boards

so personally I think health and 50% shooting to be two more important factors in winning a title

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret : Yes, because if we're getting 40 rebounds per game that means most of the time we're outrebounding our opponents. Right now our opponents are outrebounding us. Celts are just averaging 35.4 rpg in 5 games while are opponents are getting 38.20 per game. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Neither team wins , they don't get 40 rebounds. HA

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 40 Rebounds is Not a Secret : It's a historical fact.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Fiercest34

Have you checked the records of those teams that have averaged less than 40 rebounds per games? I think that you will find that many were lousy teams with rebounding just one of many areas of deficiency. To single out rebounding as a single reason for failure to me is not a valid point. As a matter of fact, any single stat. line category when viewed separately is not neccessarily a good indicator of success or failure,with one exception.  That one exception is a teams point differential between points scored and points allowed per game. This seems to sum up a teams strengths and weaknesses in all stat. lines and points the way to the best teams. By the way,since rebounds are a product of missed shots, its only been since the 1980's that averaging under 40 rebounds per game has been a factor. Prior to that missed shots per game were much higher then they are now resulting in a much higher rebounding per game average.

Seems