4th pick right now

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: 4th pick right now

Did it again - got Aaron Gordon with the 6th pick.  Hope we can do better than that. (pick I mean, not player)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Rondo

If the celtics trades Rondo,is because he does not fit in the new coach system.I notice that coach stevens like his team to play uptempo game,and I noticed that when Rajon comes into the game e walks the ball to the front court.Coach Stevens also likes 3 points .. and Rondo is not one .To coach Steven team to shine,he needs 2 players that can spread the floor e a center to protect the rim.We will get there.Go celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Happy Hedley?  I like the sound of that.  I'll try and remember that one on Valentine's Day.

I think picks 1 -3 are (in any order) Parker, Embiid, and Wiggins.  Picks 4 - 6, out of the whole draft, are the one's that worry me the most.

There's an old post, I know it's around here somewhere, that says DA's got a mancrush on Smart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Happy Hedley?  I like the sound of that.  I'll try and remember that one on Valentine's Day.

I think picks 1 -3 are (in any order) Parker, Embiid, and Wiggins.  Picks 4 - 6, out of the whole draft, are the one's that worry me the most.

There's an old post, I know it's around here somewhere, that says DA's got a mancrush on Smart.

Well, I trust Danny, because last year he had a man crush on a guy none of us ever heard of - but he is known now as the Greek Freak!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

want a guy who is a snooter Seen enuf non-snooters

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to billge's comment:

want a guy who is a snooter Seen enuf non-snooters

I want a guy who is a scorer, not a project!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

We have a very good chance at a strong pick. I see us finishing with the fourth worse record. It could vary a bit but our team really stinks and that's what we need for the lottery.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Latest mock draft has the Celts picking Marcus Smart with the 4th pick.

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

I'd rather pick Exum than Smart.

Smart is not a good shooter and he's really not a PG.

+1 

Smart has had mixed results, displaying his great talents while also showing some of his weaknesses. Most notably, he's struggled to knock down s***s consistently, much of which can be traced to questionable s**t selection, as he's shooting over five 3-pointers per-forty minutes, despite only connecting on 29.5% of those attempts.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2rkpTKUZA
    http://www.draftexpress.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In 2004 Orlando had the worst record and got Dwight Howard #1.

You do realize that was a decade ago right? 

Celtics could get the number 1 pick, they could get the very last lottery picks, there is no point comparing record and draft standings... it's a lottery, even if you think it's legit and not rigged (it is) standings have nothing to do with where you pick once you've made the lottery.  It's just mental masturbation...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Brad stevens has said he likes having two point guards on the floor. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Did it again - got Aaron Gordon with the 6th pick.  Hope we can do better than that. (pick I mean, not player)

I would be happy if we came away with this kid

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

The C'c legitimately can finish with the 2nd worst record. No team will catch Milwaukee.

Maybe we can throw a pick to them for their #1

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

The C'c legitimately can finish with the 2nd worst record. No team will catch Milwaukee.

Pointer

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

No, we aren't the lakers...you know, giving up FOUR first round picks for Ramon Sessions and Steve Nash.......ha       ha         ha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to ET27's comment:

It is stupid to give up on Rondo.  I'm sure KG and PP would love for Rondo to dish them the ball exactly where they like it. 

Under Doc's system that works perfectly.

But Brad Stevens' offense is less deliberate, it doesn't really need a PG who would dish the ball exactly where they like it.

You won't see plays like Ray Allen coming off 2 screens to get open under Stevens.

Brad Stevens keeps it simple.

All true, but there is no RA on this team, and it's one of two glaring needs (the other is a legit NBA center). If the personnel were different, is Stevens the type of coach who would or could adjust to it? We haven't seen that yet, but I hope that he would be cognizant of his best players' strengths and allow his philosophy to be dictated by them. If (very, very big if) the Celtics had the best scoring #2 guard in the league, I would think he'd get the ball where he could be most effective.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Not true.

If the Celts get the 2nd worst record then they can't pick lower than 5th.

Ending up with the 4th worst record means the Celts can't pick lower than 7th.

So the less wins the Celts have, the bigger chance of getting the #1, #2 or #3 pick.

Unless I misunderstand the lottery and how it works, nothing is guaranteed. 

Yes, statistically if the Celtics are the 2nd worst team they likely will receive these picks but there's also a chanced they won't, or they may even receive better picks.  There's no reason to sit here and project what picks they'll get until the lottery balls go up the chute.

I was told back we were for sure going to get Tim Duncan and either a two or three pick, that was going to be the turning point for the flagging Celtics... turns out Pitino was right and Tim Duncan wasn't coming through those doors either.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

You do realize that was a decade ago right? 

Celtics could get the number 1 pick, they could get the very last lottery picks, there is no point comparing record and draft standings... it's a lottery, even if you think it's legit and not rigged (it is) standings have nothing to do with where you pick once you've made the lottery.  It's just mental masturbation...

Not true.

If the Celts get the 2nd worst record then they can't pick lower than 5th.

Ending up with the 4th worst record means the Celts can't pick lower than 7th.

So the less wins the Celts have, the bigger chance of getting the #1, #2 or #3 pick.

True. The losses do make a difference and being in the bottom 3 make a big difference in where we eventually pick. Go Hawes!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Don't hold your breath on that one. It's only half way through the season.

Sections
Shortcuts