4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

Anyone have this number? I have a bet going in the office and someone said it was over 20. I am forgetting.

Was it that high?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

It was 38-10 for the whole game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ok, I just went back and counted.  They had 21 free throws handed to them in the 4th quarter alone.

I knew it was shady, but that's more disturbing than I remembered it being.

As if 38-10 wasn't bad enough, though.  Wow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

38-10 was actually the free throw count for game 2 of the 2008 finals.

Boston 38 FTAs
    LA 10 FTAs

Just saying that FTAs can go both ways.  Boston got in early, early foul trouble in the 4th quarter.  Whenever that happens it's just a parade of free throws.  Boston was tired and playing sloppy defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What? Why did you post Game 2's?

I was asking for the 4th quarter in Game 7.   It looks like it was 21 to 3 or 4 total for Boston.

This was after the refs let them play for 3.5 quarters and Boston had a lead, I might add.

A lot different than a Game 2 where Boston outplayed LA and LA was lazy.

Has there ever been a 4th qtr in NBA Finals history, in a Game 7, where a team was granted over 20 free throws?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I see, FTAs favor Boston = LA Lazy.
    FTAs favor LA = Refs corrupt.

Sounds biased. 

Your team was old and tired, that's the bottom line.  You can find a 4th quarter breakdown, foul by foul, and you'll see that the refs actually made more mistakes that favored boston than favored LA. 

I'm sure you won't care about it though.  Just keep your head in the sand and keep chanting "boston only loses cause the refs, boston only loses cause the refs".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?:
    [QUOTE]I see, FTAs favor Boston = LA Lazy. FTAs favor LA = Refs corrupt. Sounds biased.  Your team was old and tired, that's the bottom line.  You can find a 4th quarter breakdown, foul by foul, and you'll see that the refs actually made more mistakes that favored boston than favored LA.  I'm sure you won't care about it though.  Just keep your head in the sand and keep chanting "boston only loses cause the refs, boston only loses cause the refs".
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Now who is biased?  By the way it was 37-17 Lakers getting all the free throws in a game 7.  Who would have ever thought that.  Why do you come to our board and argue with Celtics?  Unbelievable.  Refs favored Boston?  You are losing your mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Rather than just citing numbers, why not actually watch that 4Q again.

LA just beat up on your team.  That's the way it happened.  May be different this year, but no use trying to rewrite history.  And while slanted officiating happens from time to time, I don't spin my wheels trying to justify Laker losses. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Sorry man, i can't believe you guys are still stuck on this.  I've also noticed that no one breaks the 4th quarter down, they just talk about the free throw disparity. 

According to you guys I guess every game needs to have an equal amount of FTAs then?  Your team was old and tired, they played an old and tired game 7 and gave up a lot of fouls.  It happens to older and tired teams. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I don't know what the original poster had going on but I think he only asked a simple question and you started by tricking him with a different game.   Looks to me like you got this going when if you had just anwered the question properly this thread would be gone by now.  Did you have some sort of agend?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]Well I don't know what the original poster had going on but I think he only asked a simple question and you started by tricking him with a different game.   Looks to me like you got this going when if you had just anwered the question properly this thread would be gone by now.  Did you have some sort of agend?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe a simple question to you, but the sour attitude from the "simple question" was smelled thousands of miles away. From the OP's 2nd post (post #3):

"I knew it was shady, but that's more disturbing than I remembered it being.

As if 38-10 wasn't bad enough, though.  Wow. "

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I agree that the c's fouled a lot in the fourth.   The bad calls actually came in the third when boston threatened to open up the lead and put the game away.  You always know when the refs are trying to change momentum, cause they just randomly pick a moving screen and/or 3 sec.

Yes, the c's fouled a lot, but I would have like to have seen some over the back calls in the 4th, and some shoves in the back on those offensive rebounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Exactly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Games one and two of the finals were called more tightly than any games in the entire play-offs. Usually the calling style is more loosely called in the play-offs than during the regular season. Players are usually allowed to play a more physical brand of basketball, and half court play tends to dominate fast break ball.

Calling a tight game tends to favor an offensive team over a defensive team, however, after the Celtics won the tighly called game two, the calling style went back to a more normal referee style.

In both games one and two, our bigs were in foul trouble in the first quarter. The biggest difference between games one and two was that Kobe was also in foul trouble in the first half. In the fourth quarter, Jackson and Kobe decided to dare the referees to call foul number six on Kobe. Over and over again, Kobe made aggressive moves, some that were obviously fouls, and the referees refused to call foul number six.

It is also normal for games to be called more loosely in the fourth quarter, allowing players to play. Some times that does not happen.

When sport becomes more entertainment than sport, it is time to do something else.This year, the Celtics are so good that I doubt game seven will happen regardless of who the Celtics play.

The referees played far too large a role in the finals for my taste. In fact, I thought about swearing off the NBA for a while.

It is likely that after KG retires, I will again reconsider that possibility. KG and this version of the Celtics are just too much fun to watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I see, FTAs favor Boston = LA Lazy. FTAs favor LA = Refs corrupt. Sounds biased.  Your team was old and tired, that's the bottom line.  You can find a 4th quarter breakdown, foul by foul, and you'll see that the refs actually made more mistakes that favored boston than favored LA.  I'm sure you won't care about it though.  Just keep your head in the sand and keep chanting "boston only loses cause the refs, boston only loses cause the refs".
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Sorry, pal. We all watched 3.5 qtrs of seeing the refs letting the boys play in a Game 7.

Then, they changed how they called the game and it CLEARLY favored only one team.

You can't rewrite what happened. We all saw it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I recall listening to the network announcers comment in the third quarter of Game 7 about how many minutes Doc was playing his starters and wondering aloud when they would run out of steam. I guess we all found out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Yeah we all watched it.  Then the Celtics fans went and obsessed on a number, and forgot what they just watched.  We all watched the better team win. 

Now it's just grasping for straws. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I remember watching a classic physical battle for 3.5 quarters and then watching the refs blow the whistle every time LA tried to dribble or drive the lane with 10 minutes to go in the game.  But, ONLY for LA.

A classic Stern finish to what should have been a classic series.

The NBA is the only sport where you can literally manipulate the outcome on every single play.

Oh well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

How many 4th quarters are there all together in the regular season and playoffs?
    30 teams multiplied by 80 games= 2400 4th quarters.
    This doesn't include the playoffs yet look at this fact: the most free throws awarded in the 4th quarter ALL YEAR just "happened" to be the 7th game (and last 4th quarter for the year) of the Finals. Over 24 HUNDRED 4th quarters!!
    So for 3.5 quarters the Ref's let'em play. Then the Ref's scored 21 free throws for the Lakers. Hard to beat both the Lakers AND the Ref's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I remember watching a classic physical battle for 3.5 quarters and then watching the refs blow the whistle every time LA tried to dribble or drive the lane with 10 minutes to go in the game.  But, ONLY for LA. A classic Stern finish to what should have been a classic series. The NBA is the only sport where you can literally manipulate the outcome on every single play. Oh well.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Then stop watching the NBA... and go away.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jofc,
    Just in case you want to know the free throws in game 2. They were 41 to 26 in favor of the Lakers I just checked. Where did you get 38 to 10?  Are you being dishonest or just stupid trying to make a point?  

Check the facts and then adjust your story.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not a shock to see Lakers fans on a Celts board trying to spin this in another direction.

Funny how each board here has fans from the rival teams who can't admit the reality of what happened in a game.

Forget any objective discussions between the rival organizations of any Boston sports team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]Rather than just citing numbers, why not actually watch that 4Q again. LA just beat up on your team.  That's the way it happened.  May be different this year, but no use trying to rewrite history.  And while slanted officiating happens from time to time, I don't spin my wheels trying to justify Laker losses. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I have watched the game over and over again. The refs were incompetent and the Lakers title is tainted. The refs completely blew that game by not being consistent with the calls. There were numerous calls on the Celtics that should not have been called and numerous non calls on the Lakers. It is pretty clear that the refs blew it by not treating the teams equally and by making calls differently than they did the first three quarters. As for the Celtics being tired...LA played just as badly and shot worse but got bailed out by the refs.

If you want to go find the thread entitled "Tainted Title" ...there were something like a thousand posts discussing every play in detail and right after the game not almost a year later like this thread wants to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]Jofc, Just in case you want to know the free throws in game 2. They were 41 to 26 in favor of the Lakers I just checked. Where did you get 38 to 10?  Are you being dishonest or just stupid trying to make a point?   Check the facts and then adjust your story.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  I love it.  You're asking if I'm being stupid.  That's great. 

Now go read my post again.  I said the 2008 finals. 

It's a good idea to read carefully before trying to blast someone. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]As for the Celtics being tired...LA played just as badly and shot worse but got bailed out by the refs.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]
    That's it? That's your response? 

Simple minds make simple excuses.

Sections
Shortcuts