4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

Jofc,
    You can only make your point by deconstructing things and trying to get off the topic discussed on the BB.

You talk about 2008. The Celtics could have easily won in a very decisive five games. The score whether close in some games does not make any difference even the Lakers knew they had no chance in that series. Everyone except you.

The topic was this last year's finals and in the seventh game 21 fourth quarter free throws that were given to the Lakers to secure victory.  No road team can win when free throws are that lopsided.  It is over but you will find yourself very disappointed this June. Unless the league helps as they did with the Gasol gift.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Anyone calling the fans complaining about refs in the 4th  qtr of game 7 last year irrational, is him/herself being irrational. There exists more than enough evidence that a reasonable fan could complain about the officiating. By definition, thats a rational position to take.  Further, to state it was just a "small sample" of irrational fans means them amount of fans feeling this was is much greater, since the posting was, as you characterized it, a small sample.  And the thread went on for more than 1,000 posts? lol I dont believe the refs had a bad game, they did their job... making sure the Lakers got the title. Thats my opinion, yours may differ. I respect that.  But dont stoop so low in your effort to prove youre right, to call those questioning the motives or agendas of the refs that game, irrational. YOur credibility takes a hit.  
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I'm not looking to you for standards of credibility.  That thread was perpetuated by people calling the game corrupt.  And by 'small sample' i meant that most Celtics fans aren't that irrational.  Sure some of them may have not liked the calls, but they wouldn't "stoop so low" as to accuse the NBA of a conspiracy to make the Celtics lose. 

Seriously, that's like me getting pulled over for speeding and accusing the cops of 'having it in for me'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It is true that some games of last years finals were called differently than any other games in the play-offs, however, the biggest difference from last year, is that KG is fully healthy again. He can rebound again, play above the rim and anchor the defense.

Gasol was up for the game, but was ineffective. It was not that he was not shooting well, because he was effective against Perk. That will not change in the play-offs, in fact it will become more pronounced in a four or five game series (the maximum number of games if the Lakers make it to the finals). The KG advantage can only be over come by injury. It can't be overcome with trades,or a Gasol spine replacement.

So let Gasoft play doorman for KG, and let Kome continue to play one on five. they play right into the Celtics hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : I'm not looking to you for standards of credibility.  That thread was perpetuated by people calling the game corrupt.  And by 'small sample' i meant that most Celtics fans aren't that irrational.  Sure some of them may have not liked the calls, but they wouldn't "stoop so low" as to accuse the NBA of a conspiracy to make the Celtics lose.  Seriously, that's like me getting pulled over for speeding and accusing the cops of 'having it in for me'.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Is the NBA so sacred that it is beyond corruption?

Take a look around the world. Your politicians, major corporations, Madoff, police, military et al... its full of corruption..but not the NBA? lol

One lesson I learned long ago, anytime alot of money is in the mix, guaranteed corruption exists or is planning to exist.  Didn't an NBA ref stand trail and admit corruption exists with the refs in the NBA?  I guess an eyewitness and perpetuator of corruption isnt a good witness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Corruption and conspiracies exist.  So does paranoia.  You're like a guy who keeps hitting red lights, so you assume that the city is plotting against you, or maybe the oil companies control traffic lights to keep people burning more gas.

what i'm saying is that the conspiracy you guys have concocted doesn't make sense on the MOST fundamental levels.  The risk of getting caught FAR outweighs the trivial benefit of "having the lakers win".  It's the ramblings of paranoid fans who hate to see their rival succeed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Your post at 8:45 PM EST on 2/2: "I love how the Glass Cow only appears after we beat the lakers.  Where was the mooing and crowing and contradicting when they wer 8-0?  Right.  Beware "the Bhoys", guys, it's Glasgowrangers - our most despicable troll!" Which message in this thread preceding that was I responding to you? So you were the instigator, you know it whether you admit it or not.
    Posted by TheBhoys[/QUOTE]

WRONG again - are you ever correct?

THIS is the one:
    posted at 1/31/2011 10:06 AM EST

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3">
    First: 1/16/2010
    Last: 2/3/2011
    I don't think one translates to the other.  I could never say that.  We sound like lakers fans, guys who STILL think they would have won in '08 if Bynum played.  An impossibility, as we all know, for they would not have Gasol!!

No, the only thing I will say is that IF Game 7 was played in Boston, we probably would have won.  That is why we need to get HCA this year.  And that is why the NBA need to re-think the 2-3-2 format in the Finals!

Note 1/31 - not 2/2 as you erroneously claim.  I was minding my own business, when YOU responded to this thread on 1/31

YOU are the instigator and stalker!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 45-3. Show 45-3's posts

Old and tired?  I wonder if that had anything to do with our starting center being hurt in the beginning of game 6 I might add.

Oh and nobody has mentioned the worst officitiating mistake of the fourth quarter which was the no call on a blatant up and down by Gasol which he scored on and then ran down the court screaming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 45-3. Show 45-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : WRONG again - are you ever correct? THIS is the one: posted at 1/31/2011 10:06 AM EST   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3 " /> hedleylamarr Posts: 2245 First: 1/16/2010 Last: 2/3/2011 I don't think one translates to the other.  I could never say that.  We sound like lakers fans, guys who STILL think they would have won in '08 if Bynum played.  An impossibility, as we all know, for they would not have Gasol!! No, the only thing I will say is that IF Game 7 was played in Boston, we probably would have won.  That is why we need to get HCA this year.  And that is why the NBA need to re-think the 2-3-2 format in the Finals! Note 1/31 - not 2/2 as you erroneously claim.  I was minding my own business, when YOU responded to this thread on 1/31 YOU are the instigator and stalker!!!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]Old and tired?  I wonder if that had anything to do with our starting center being hurt in the beginning of game 6 I might add. Oh and nobody has mentioned the worst officitiating mistake of the fourth quarter which was the no call on a blatant up and down by Gasol which he scored on and then ran down the court screaming.
    Posted by 45-3[/QUOTE]

Actually people have mentioned that quite a bit as it's one of the only bad calls in the 4th that favored LA. 

They say "look at how many free throws LA shot!!!"

and then when asked to point out all the bad calls tha tpoint to a conspiracy, or corruption, or just bad officiating; they say -

"come on, gasol traveled!"

There were a few bad calls for each team, that was one that favored the Lakers. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Corruption and conspiracies exist.  So does paranoia.  You're like a guy who keeps hitting red lights, so you assume that the city is plotting against you, or maybe the oil companies control traffic lights to keep people burning more gas. what i'm saying is that the conspiracy you guys have concocted doesn't make sense on the MOST fundamental levels.  The risk of getting caught FAR outweighs the trivial benefit of "having the lakers win".  It's the ramblings of paranoid fans who hate to see their rival succeed.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Desribe your risk analysis a little more.

Exactly what benefits do you perceive a Laker win?  What monetary price for the leagues marketing do you place on Kobe winning #5?  Whats it worth to have a bigger market team win the title?   Lend me your expertise.

You bring up the risk of getting caught. Tell me the price the NBA has paid when they got caught by Donagheys testimony? Right, next to nothing. An NBA ref confessing, Id say thats about as caught as youre gonna get. Yet, the NBA machine stifled publishing his book and controlled the media... damage control at its finest.  So, what risk are you referring to?

Your analogy of red lights is also so far off base its silly. You acknowledge to refs calling fouls one way over 3 periods, then suddenly changing to a tighter game call. What precipitated such a change, just coincidence? All the refs decided individually, in concert with exact timing, to call the game differently in the 4th qtr of game 7. Thanks for your analysis/ 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : So the people you speak to represent sports opinions worldwide, while those I converse with do not. Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

That's not what you said. You said ONLY people here complain about it.

People complained about it as the game unfolded and off the internets, thereafter.

And, Chicken McNuggets are made from crap.  But, you enjoy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Like I said, Phil Jackson whined about it in his press conference and Kobe went to the line 18 times the next game and the Lakers shot 34 to 22 from the line.  Now thats criminal isn't it?  2008 finals..  I believe if you looked it up the Lakers shot more free throws in the series also.  Not 100% sure
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

1. Yes

2. Yes

I think it's highly comical these Lakers fans are in here trying to write up revisionist history.

When these two teams met in the 1980s, you never once saw fans complain about fouls. 

Since Boston won the 2008 Finals, there was no way Stern was going to allow Kobe t-shirts go unsold in a worldwide economic recession, especially in China.

That Game 7 smelled. Boston led and was outmuscling them until the refs started changing how they called the game.

The foul discrepancy reflects this and watching what happened further supports this.

But, according to Lakers fan, it does not. Priceless.

I thought this was well known. I was just curious if someone knew the exact number of free throws allotted to LA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Good god here we go again.

1. Bigger market?  Explain San Antonio's success.  Explain Boston beating LA in 6 games in 2008. 

2. Risk of getting caught.  If what Donaghey said was gospel, why are you watching the game?  Better yet, why would David Stern risk the ENTIRETY of the NBA to fix games "just so the lakers win".  But then, for some reason, they don't.  You're talling me that in 08, Stern and the NBA wanted the Lakers to win???  But they gave out 38 FTAs to Boston and only 10 to LA in game 2???  Wow, they're really, REALLY bad at throwing games aren't they?

3. Officiating changes pace all the time.  Players get chippy so they call a game tighter.  Teams get tired and start making more obvious fouls. 

Look, you're just a sore loser.  sadly it wasn't even you that lost, it was a team you like.  and you come on here with your 'waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the refs hate the celtics, no fair!!!' rants that are just goofy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Look the real proof is in your actions. 

If you really thought the NBA was as corrupt as you say it is, you wouldn't watch.  Bottom line. 

You can't have your cake and eat it.  If the NBA is helping teams to succeed, then every one of your 17 titles is tainted just as well.  Get over it paranoid fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I watch the NBA similarly to when I watch wrestling.  It's entertainment.  But, nothing ruins comeptitive sport more than corrupt officials or pre-determined outcomes for financial gain.

I weep for 1980s NBA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : That's not what you said. You said ONLY people here complain about it. People complained about it as the game unfolded and off the internets, thereafter. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I stated that the only place that I have heard the nutty conspiracy theories surrounding Game 7 is on this board. And that includes talking sports with fans of many teams not including the Lakers and not living in Los Angeles. I am sure people exist off this board that support your paranoid theories, but so do people that believe they've been abducted by aliens.

And further - if you believe that the league determined that the Lakers would win the title last year, why would anyone possibly think the NBA would give it to the Celtics this year? Why even bother watching the games when they are predetermined? If you buy into all this, then perhaps the Celtics aren't as good as their record indicates this year but are just being favored by the corrupt NBA. It goes both ways.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]futbal: I think that's the argument Celtics fans made about the 08 finals as well, how fouls favored the aggressive team.  Driscoll makes a good point too, about how the tone of the officiating may have changed, but that didn't make it any less legitimate.  They called a tighter fourth quarter.  And if people think a tightly called game hurts the Celtics, then you have to think that a loosely called game favors them, in which case they had 3 quarters of officiating that helps their 'style' of play, and only one quarter that hurt them.  Gtown - that thread was a joke man.  I'm surprised you'd bring it back up. As some celtics fans even pointed out, it made celtics fans look bad.  I don't question its length, just its substance.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I'm not the one who brought it up. It was you. And it is only a joke because you don't like it. And celtics fans don't care what you think as your trolling on here is the real joke. No one from here went on an LA fan blog or comment page and tried to sell the "tainted championship". If it bugs you stop trolling here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : I'm not the one who brought it up. It was you. And it is only a joke because you don't like it. And celtics fans don't care what you think as your trolling on here is the real joke. No one from here went on an LA fan blog or comment page and tried to sell the "tainted championship". If it bugs you stop trolling here.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]
    "If you don't like it then leave." Sounds like waving the white flag to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hahaha, only a matter of time before the 'troll' accusation comes out.  It's what you say when you've exhausted your irrational attempt to prove any type of corruption. 

And I post where I please, get over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : "If you don't like it then leave." Sounds like waving the white flag to me.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I think we just both read the same thing at the same time, hahaha.  It's the emotional reaction to a failed attempt at arguing. 

A: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!  Refs are STUPID!"
    B: "Come on man, your team lost, don't blame the refs."
    A: "No, they're evil and corrupt!!!  They cost us the championship!  They HATE us!!!"
    B: "If they hate you, why do you have more titles than any other team, including one in 2008, where they handed you game 2?"
    A: "Go away and let me whine in peace!  Waaaaaaaaaaah!  It's our boards, we can whine if we want to!!!"
    B: "Ok, sounds like a miserable way to watch a sport but, your call."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know, why do people watch WWE?

You claim only people on this board complain about game 7.. well, would you be starting threads on BDC for a year if you thought the Nets got robbed in the playoffs? No, of course not. It should be obvious the fans of the team that got the shaft would be the ones complaining... not someone from San Antonio.

DO people still talk or feel the Kings got robbed against the Lakers in 2002? Must be another one of those things.

When you look at replays and see phantom calls one way and crushing fouls not being called the other way... in a lopsided way especially, what do you attribute it to?

Again, the NBA should have the best refs on the planet, no? Yet this stuff doesnt happen in the NCAA, HS or youth basketball anywhere near the frequency of the NBA. Interesting huh? I know cause I watch and coach tons of lower level basketball.

How can you turn your head when an NBA ref admits in testimony he and his fellow refs are tainted... are even briefed pregame how to call fouls and which players to target etc etc.  Naturally, he must be lying cause it doesnt fit into your theories.  No corruption going on in the NBA right, it generates 100's of millions in revenue, maybe billions.. i dont know... but why would there be any corruption, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Talk about irrational, an NBA ref says I CHEATED, many nba refs are CORRUPT... then provides specifics under testimony. Gee, how irrational people are that utter the words "corruption" when speaking about the NBA. lol

You must have your heads buried in the sand. I bet if Madoff starts another fund from his jail cell, you'll be the first ones to wire your money. HAHA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hey Karl, you don't see people watching the WWE and calling it 'corrupt'.  People know the WWE is predetermined.  And again, when the Celtics win does that mean it's predetermined as well?  Or is it only when your team loses?  I'm guessing the latter.

I didn't claim only people on this board complained about game 7, I said that 'tainted championship' thread was a small group of people (like 4 or 5) who just kept the thread going.  95% of the later posts were just "let's get this thing to 1000!"  "I'm post 780, let's keep it going!"  By the same 4 meatheads.  As if they thought length, not content, determined the quality of a thread.  Lame.

Look, if the NBA was rigging games 'to make the Lakers win' it would be discussed in a federal court, not just on a boston celtics fan board.  If you think the game is corrupt, why do you watch?  If someone 'corrupted' your glass of water, would you drink it? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]Talk about irrational, an NBA ref says I CHEATED, many nba refs are CORRUPT... then provides specifics under testimony. Gee, how irrational people are that utter the words "corruption" when speaking about the NBA. lol You must have your heads buried in the sand. I bet if Madoff starts another fund from his jail cell, you'll be the first ones to wire your money. HAHA
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

See here's where you're really sounding goofy.  

Let's say the NBA really was rigged.  Who would be more stupid, me for not believing it, or you for believing it but still watching it?

We'll use your Madoff analogy.

If the NBA were like Bernie Madoff, according to you I'd be the sucker investing with him, only to find out later it was a ponzi scheme.

You'd be the guy investing in him knowing it's a ponzi scheme.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : See here's where you're really sounding goofy.   Let's say the NBA really was rigged.  Who would be more stupid, me for not believing it, or you for believing it but still watching it? We'll use your Madoff analogy. If the NBA were like Bernie Madoff, according to you I'd be the sucker investing with him, only to find out later it was a ponzi scheme. You'd be the guy investing in him knowing it's a ponzi scheme.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

jofc, another bad analogy.

I watch and root for the Celtics for entertainment. The Celtic games do not provide an investment opportunity for me. I'm not going to lose money if the Celtics win or lose. Quite a departure from comparing it to investing with Madoff.

Frankly, if I read in a prospectus about Donaghey being a CEO of a company, I would immediately reject the deal, ditto Madoff. On the other hand, if I knew Joey Crawford was reffing a Celtics game, Id still watch it. Its my entertainment, not my source of wealth.

Sections
Shortcuts