Ok, first off we know that Danny Ainge would trade his mother if he thought it would make the Celtics better. But that being said the odds of Rondo being traded are very small..
1) The fact is. Teams in contention all have decent point guards and aren't trading multiple assets for Rondo because doing so would gut their team of contention (Danny is not taking junk back).
2) Teams out of contention with Multiple young assets (Think Magic.) Are further away than one very good player from contention, so it makes more sense for them to develop their young assets further than to gut those assets and start over for a player that is 28 and will be on the decline by the time they acquire more assets.
3) The Celtics in pursuit of Free Agency trades ect.. would rather have some experienced talent to pair with any new acquisitions. Think keeping Paul Pierce, to pair with Allen and KG.
4) You can't trade Rondo for a first round draft pick. (Sorry Kurt) If you trade Rondo to say the Bucks. The bucks improve. Probably out of a chance for a top five pick. But not enough to compete for a title (so why would a bottom feeder do this? For a player 28 years old?)
Yes trading Rondo makes us a bottom feeder, but you can accomplish that just keeping Rondo out for most of the season.
5) Rondo's trade value is low, until he proves he has recovered from that injury. Danny is not trading Rondo for Junk. So it makes more sense to hold on to him and see what he can do with Brad Stevens.
All these Rondo's rumors never mention a trade partner? Why? Because they're most likely not happening.
Sorry Pud and gang. Most likely at the end of the day Rondo is a Celtic.