5 Things to Watch: Boston Celtics (Part II of II)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: 5 Things to Watch: Boston Celtics (Part II of II)

Can't argue with much of that analysis.  

Except, I don't think the Celtics will be in any hurry to trade Humphries, but I do think that Bass, who was not mentioned in the article, is the biggest trade priority outside of Wallace.  

and I think that despite Bradley's poor performance at PG last year, the Celtics will try to give him more experience to see if he can develop those skills in a less pressure-filled envirnment.  At 6'1 or 2" Bradley is going to have some matchup problems with much taller SGs like Derozen at 6'7".  and I don't buy that Lee is 6'5".  He doesn't look any taller than Bradley to me.

I think at least 3 of our 5 current SGs will not be on the roster in 2014.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

This John Karalis is Mr. Obvious. There's nothing that hasn't been mentioned and discussed before.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't argue with much of that analysis.  

Except, I don't think the Celtics will be in any hurry to trade Humphries, but I do think that Bass, who was not mentioned in the article, is the biggest trade priority outside of Wallace.  

and I think that despite Bradley's poor performance at PG last year, the Celtics will try to give him more experience to see if he can develop those skills in a less pressure-filled envirnment.  At 6'1 or 2" Bradley is going to have some matchup problems with much taller SGs like Derozen at 6'7".  and I don't buy that Lee is 6'5".  He doesn't look any taller than Bradley to me.

I think at least 3 of our 5 current SGs will not be on the roster in 2014.  

"This all means that the team will be gauging interest on the rest of these guys (and probably forward Brandon Bass, too) throughout the season."

Agee on the SG situation ... Of the four guys invited to camp I'd like to see Sims make it as a 3rd option at SF in anticipation of Wallace being traded.

[/QUOTE]
    Wallace will not be traded.He is our new Paul pierce.He is a good player.The celtics are not tanking.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Either way Wallace is gone.  You don't rebuild with 32 year olds in career decline.

If he plays crappy, then we have to give up more in trade to dump his bad contract.

If he plays well, then we can get something of value in return from a playoff bound team that needs a backup SF for a year or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Either way Wallace is gone.  You don't rebuild with 32 year olds in career decline.

If he plays crappy, then we have to give up more in trade to dump his bad contract.

If he plays well, then we can get something of value in return from a playoff bound team that needs a backup SF for a year or two.

He has what, 3 for 30? Really it would  be him and Avery for any value. The key for Danny is to find the best combo in the back court. Realistically RR JG, GW Sully could pull in 30+ mins a gm.