58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge

Guys we need help sooner than quick!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Re: 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge

Wow! It must have been the Rocket turnovers that saved us...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge:
    [QUOTE]Guys we need help sooner than quick!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

You hit the jackpot. This is totally unacceptable. We are not going to go very far without rebounding.  I hope DA is going  to do something about this. A big will help, especially when JO is not lookig to good.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It's hard to believe no one on this team is dedicated to rebounding (other than Rondo).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am on the west coast & just checking forums at 11pm pct. listened to game on Sirius radio traveling Santa Barbara to SF. Had dinner at Denny's. now on my iPad. question? Rondo got 17 reb other night. Does he dunk ? could he have dunked the layup he missed that sent us into OT or am I being a Monday morning qtr back ?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the need for another big man is definitely there, and has been there ever since perkins has been traded.....its not like the problem just came to life this season. danny tried to fix it with JON and shaq and it blew up in his face....i give him alot of credit for getting bass, but hes not a consistently good rebounder, although he is a very good player......im sure danny is looking at alot of options right now that we have no clue about.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge : I read somewhere that Posey and Powe were potential options if JON is cut ... hope DA can do better than that.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

yea not sure how much they have left in the tank, and they kinda already have those two kind of players in bass and pietrus....and they are also younger. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]It's hard to believe no one on this team is dedicated to rebounding (other than Rondo).

Bass tries to rebound he is just not big enough.  Rondo will have games where he gets rebounds but his are usually the long kind, and they have to come to you. You can't count on getting the long ones.  I agree with you,  I think Doc should tell everyone to rebound every shot before they take off.  Team rebounding is the only way with the way we are constructed now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Kirk ... You think Marcus Camby could help with defense & Rebounding and score a few more points than usual with Rondo? Wonder if we could get him for JON, Daniels and a 2nd round pick ???

Portland is 1 1/2 games out of the playoff race. They are not giving up their starting center for a 2nd round pick. JON and Daniels have no value other then expiring contracts. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge:
    [QUOTE]Guys we need help sooner than quick!

Be happy,we won the game,they won the rebound contest.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge : They're in 10th place behind Minny and 1/2 game ahead of Utah and mgmt is worried that they are on the verge of implosion ... Crawford, Camby, Felton & Wallace could be moved.

Portland won't trade a starter with an expiring contract for a 2nd round draft pick. Ugh!!!
    Portland doesn't have a good back up to step in for Camby.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

There's just not a lot out there. I'd love to get Chris kamen But he make 14 million. Not sure how the Cs could make those numbers work and give the hornets anything they would want to have. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to "Re: 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 58-37 Houston's Rebound Edge : I just checked Bass' height when he entered the NBA, he's only 6-6.25 w/o shoes and 6-7.25 w/shoes. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Brandon-Bass-53/ Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Why do you only mention Bass at 6'7"? I really like Wilcox who's 6'10". He's a real Banger who can also put the rebound in. Problem is he is still 1-2 inches shorter than Bynum, Gasol, Kaman, Gortat, Howard etc. Otherwise he's a keeper. Don't know how proficient he is shooting 5-10 ft shots but our real need is a rebounder and defender and he's good at both of these. Maybe he has a tendency to foul out so we still need, in addition to KG, not a real center, A BIGGIE !!!