6-2 without Olynyk

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Re: 6-2 without Olynyk

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to postal5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Probably 6-2 and 6-1 if Oly was was playing.  Now that AB and Wild Thing are shooting so well, and the ball movement is so good, they would at least be 6-2.  Oly would not make any teammates  play worse as he is already a fine team player who is a pass-first and ball- movement guy.  His teammates are finally playing Oly/Stevens ball.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are a minus 7.6 with Olynyk on the court and a plus 7.9 with Humphries on the court. That is a 15 point swing.

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

Since Hump has been playing now and Crawford, Courtney, and AB have gone on a hot spell, as opposed to  Oly playing before those guys got off, of course Hump has a big chance for a better +/-.  Yes, statistics do lie now and then.  I think there is even an old saying about it.  I trust Brad's judgement and what he sees in practice and in games.   Now if Oly can not get on the court after he is healed and back in shape, then Brad agrees with you.  In that case you were probably the first on the board to know that experienced and accomplished Hunp is better for the team than the raw 22 year old rookie.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

There are a lot of old saying about statisitcs, my fav is:

statistics are like bikinis...what they reveal is interesting but what they conceal is crucial

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are a lot of old saying about statisitcs, my fav is:

statistics are like bikinis...what they reveal is interesting but what they conceal is crucial

[/QUOTE]

I love that one Coley.  I will quote it often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

37, I agree there is no need to disparage Olynyk.  In fact, if he were healthy, Stevens would find a spot for him.  He has already shown, even in close games, he will have a deep rotation.  His plug-and-play has been very intelligent.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

[/QUOTE]

You were right about the Red Sox.  The Patriots don't have any chance of making it to the Super Bowl this year.  With all of their injuries and losing yet another player yesterday.  Their defense is horrible and  they have been lucky to win many of their recent games.  I would like to see them win a Super Bowl this year but really don't expect it.  Especially nice since the game is in New York and Brady does well when the weather is cold. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're ignoring the schedule. Teams the Cetlics played while Olynyk was healthy: Memphis, Miami, Houston, San Antonio, Portland, San Antonio, Indiana. Teams the Celtics have played since he's been out: ATL (win), Charlotte (win), Memphis (loss), Cavs (win), Bucks (twice - split), Denver (win), Knicks (win). I'd say easier schedule has something to do with the fact the Celtics are 6-2 w/o KO. I mean the Cavs looked awful that night, the Bucks are terrible, and the Knicks game Sunday was one of the worst games I've ever seen (if you're a Knicks fan - I rather enjoyed the beatdown). I'd also say the Celtics are learning how to play Stevens' system now that they're 22 games in. Don't blame the Celtics misfortunes on a rook

Our misfortunes are the result of playing Bradley at the point and playing an overmatched rookie over our best big, Humphries. Brad has now figured it out.

Numbers don't lie.....

[/QUOTE]

So we should stop develping the big who has is younger and has a higher ceiling, so we can play a big much older big that won't be here next year, and has already hit his ceiling, all so we can win five or six more games on the year?

Sounds like a smart investment. Banner 18 here we come. 

[/QUOTE]

So you are in favor of losing?

[/QUOTE]

I'm in favor of a long term thinking.  As is Brad Stevens from what I've seen. 

Also you commit a number of fallacies with the statstics you cite. 

1) Hump has played more against weaker teams. 

2) Hump has played more in mop up duty against weaker competition. 

I like Humphries he is a good player,  on a contender he wouldbe a very nice piece. he has no future in Boston. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hump over KO is not the difference.

Kelly will be a good player. We can win with him. We can lose with him. We can win without him. We can lose without him.

Stop being stupid.

[/QUOTE]

The oversimplicity of thinking that because Olynk twisted his ankle the Celtics are now a really good team is mind boggling.

[/QUOTE]

If only there were a statistical correlation between Chris33's dumb posts and Celtics victories, the Celtics would be undefeated for like the last 3 years.

[/QUOTE]

Humphries has the best plus and minus on the team for the bigs. Olynyk has the worst....

You guys really need to research more.

[/QUOTE]

Humphries having a better plus minus isn't the reason the Celtics are 6-2 over the last 8.

You really need to think more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Probably 6-2 and 6-1 if Oly was was playing.  Now that AB and Wild Thing are shooting so well, and the ball movement is so good, they would at least be 6-2.  Oly would not make any teammates  play worse as he is already a fine team player who is a pass-first and ball- movement guy.  His teammates are finally playing Oly/Stevens ball.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are a minus 7.6 with Olynyk on the court and a plus 7.9 with Humphries on the court. That is a 15 point swing.

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

No. They just change and fluctuate over larger sample sizes.

derp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

KO WILL BE FINE,, his upside is more than Bass, yes the vets are better now but our future is Sullinger, KO, And Fav.  There is not that much difference now.  Draft choices plus Rondo, Fav, KO, Sullinger, Avery, AND Crawford are our chance for a good future team.  Why not trade KO , Fav, Sulley and Crawford now for some old vets , we would be better, yes , but no future.  Yes the future is a gamble but it is our best deal at this time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

derp.

[/QUOTE]

Humphries is our best big. He has been from the beginning of the season.

Olynyk is a struggling rookie.

If you want to lose, play Bradley at the point and Olynyk at PF.

Otherwise, let Olynyk sit on the bench and learn.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

derp.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sitting on the bench is fine. You being all happy because he is injured is lame.

Get it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

derp.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sitting on the bench is fine. You being all happy because he is injured is lame.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

I never said that.

You sure are one cranky dude.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Numbers don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

derp.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

I never said that.

You sure are one cranky dude.

[/QUOTE]

Not at all babe.

Try expressing yourself more clearly.  Like "6-2 since Humphries gets more minutes" makes you sound less like a lunatic than "6-2 since Olynyk got injured".

It will cause less mockery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're ignoring the schedule. Teams the Cetlics played while Olynyk was healthy: Memphis, Miami, Houston, San Antonio, Portland, San Antonio, Indiana. Teams the Celtics have played since he's been out: ATL (win), Charlotte (win), Memphis (loss), Cavs (win), Bucks (twice - split), Denver (win), Knicks (win). I'd say easier schedule has something to do with the fact the Celtics are 6-2 w/o KO. I mean the Cavs looked awful that night, the Bucks are terrible, and the Knicks game Sunday was one of the worst games I've ever seen (if you're a Knicks fan - I rather enjoyed the beatdown). I'd also say the Celtics are learning how to play Stevens' system now that they're 22 games in. Don't blame the Celtics misfortunes on a rook

Our misfortunes are the result of playing Bradley at the point and playing an overmatched rookie over our best big, Humphries. Brad has now figured it out.

Numbers don't lie.....

[/QUOTE]

So we should stop develping the big who has is younger and has a higher ceiling, so we can play a big much older big that won't be here next year, and has already hit his ceiling, all so we can win five or six more games on the year?

Sounds like a smart investment. Banner 18 here we come. 

[/QUOTE]

Sums up my thoughts nicely.  If they're not true contenders I can live with Olynyk getting serious minutes for development purposes over Humphries, who is not here past this year.  If they're playing KH to showcase him, great, because I'd trade him in a minute if it meant something valuable in return for this team for when they are a legit playoff contender. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CablesWyn

There are some here who would trade Olynyk and keep Humphries.

Duh!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Hey - is 37 stories BP?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

CablesWyn

Duh!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Hey - is 37 stories BP?

[/QUOTE]

Relax.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

CablesWyn

Duh!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Hey - is 37 stories BP?

[/QUOTE]

Relax.

[/QUOTE]

Not a denial!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Because I don't care.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Because I don't care.

[/QUOTE]

Funny, now you sound like snakeoil!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Now you're burning up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Now you're burning up.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll accept whatever persona you are/were.  We're all Celtics fans here.  Please tell the Dunker, though, that I'm NOT Fierce.......or mossad!

Sections
Shortcuts