6 Roster Spots - who to get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: 6 Roster Spots - who to get?

I personally like Donte Greene, Stephane Lasme, Deandre Jordan, Greg Smith (undrafted), Gilbert Brown (undrafted), have to re-sign Delonte West. Others: Jamal Crawford, Carl Landry

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: 6 Roster Spots - who to get?:
    [QUOTE]Here is what nobody gets as far as the cap. We have 70 million or so invested in what we have plus Rasheed and Shaq. After this year, No Shaq 1.5 mil. No Sheed 5.9 mil. No KG 24 mil. No Ray 10 mil. No Green 5.7 mil. That equals 46 mil coming off the cap. No Pierce 15 mil and Rondo alone equal 26 mil next year. Plenty of room for Dwight Howard. You can bring in other FA's and re-sign KG and Ray for the vet min to go for a title. Fierce knows what he's talking about.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Maybe I misread you, DFury, but this sounds like you were counting on Pierce and Rondo coming off the books for next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce comes off after the 2013/2014 season and Rondo comes off after the 2014/2015 season.  Green will get more than a 1 year deal so he, also, won't be coming off the books next year.

But, repeat - your general point is a good one and is absolutely directionally correct.  We will have plenty of cap space after this year is up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Here is what nobody gets as far as the cap. We have 70 million or so invested in what we have plus Rasheed and Shaq. After this year, No Shaq 1.5 mil. No Sheed 5.9 mil. No KG 24 mil. No Ray 10 mil. No Green 5.7 mil. That equals 46 mil coming off the cap. No Pierce 15 mil and Rondo alone equal 26 mil next year. Plenty of room for Dwight Howard. You can bring in other FA's and re-sign KG and Ray for the vet min to go for a title. Fierce knows what he's talking about.

I think what no one gets yet is that this year is going to be a downer. Too much salary tied up in too few players, that are aged. C's come out of the gate very strong and fade at the end due to fatigue, injury and lack of depth. This roster was put together for THIS YEAR to spend money that is not available any longer with the deal in place. Do you really want to pay DHoward and Rondo, and try to fit in I'll equipped pieces?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Waive Jermaine if we can. Do whatever it takes to sign a good athletic center.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that we need another center.  This team is going to struggle if they have to rely on Jermaine as their starting center.  He would be ok  as a backup center but won't be a very reliable starting center. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I thought if a player retires his contract comes off after one full season. I thought this was part of last CBA to make more room under cap to be used to sign players. If it had not is it part of the new CBA  I know this was a point with the union so they can get more players under contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Keep AI away from the Celtics pleeasszzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Roster Spots - who to get? :   typo sue me.

Ahh, that explains it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Roster Spots - who to get? : If the Lakers get him they catch us. If we don't get him we are mediocre for 5 years. That would be a huge setback.

Yes, it would be a big setback, but not necessarily mediocre for 5 years.  Teams without Howard are not mediocre today and there will be other players for us to go after, as well.  I hope we get him, but if he's not available, I bet Danny goes for a big trade given he'll have a lot of cap room and a lot of bargaining chips.  When we couldn't get the top pick to get Durant or Oden (remember that debate), Danny went with Plan B and it was a pretty good plan - turned out to have a championship included in that Plan B (KG, Ray, etc).

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

JERMAINE O'NEAL is the key to everything , just like moving the Raef LaFrenz and Wally Serbiak contracts helped everything fall into place....

Can you dig it ?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]JO is in the last year of his contract and it's only for 6.2m. Nothing close to what LaFrentz and Szczerbiak got from their contracts.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I still think we can trade him to a team that will cut him, for a young center.....like maybe PHO:
    Bradley and JON for Lopez and Pietrus

PHO doesn't really want either one.  They can cut JON and send Bradley to the D-League at a reduced salary (still to be negotiated, but I think that one sticks).  PHO will still have Gortat and Morris and Frye.....and at the "2" they'll have Carter and Childress......although they may cut Carter........remains to be seen!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Roster Spots - who to get? : That would be a great trade for the Celts. But come on, JON and Bradley for Robin Lopez and Mickael Pietrus? I mean, really?

Hey, man - I'm still recovering from being WRONG about having a season!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

If we can get Jordan from the Clippers playing next to KG and getting ally oops from Rondo.  We would have a chance to win the title.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

We need length and athleticism - so Jordan would be a perfect fit.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6 Roster Spots - who to get? : RESTRICTED free-agent

Only offered 1.1 by tightarse Sterling..............would he come here for 3?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont see much the C's can do to be a serious contender.

The core of the team is old and inconsistent. The past couple years in the playoffs, we've seen a good game followed by poor games... our Big 3 are not consistent and just cant deliver game after game. Look at Ray, hits like 7 threes one game, then goes 0-___? for the next few in a horrible slump. Pierce goes off one game, then cant hit the backboard the next and gets burned on defense when he rarely used to. Same with KG... he posts one game, goes off and dominates...then never smells the post area again and disappears.

No chance of winning a title like this. Only possibility is reducing minutes drastically..which Doc always pledges each year but never does. Now, that may even be too late.. Add to that Rondos head case and his pouting over Perk which cost us dearly. BBD's meltdown in the last 1/2 of the season & playoffs..

What we need is to turn back the clock 3-4 years... can we insert that into the CBA?

Sections
Shortcuts