7 Days of Rest & Recuperation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation

I totally get the “catch the Knicks off guard" but COMMON SON, you want to mess up with your starting lineup in the playoffs? That’s a NO NO, I get the idea but let’s keep it real this team is built on cohesiveness and some big egos if you want to ruin our last chance of getting into the finals and get KG, PP and RR pissed off then go right ahead and switch the line up. I agree with Celtsfan4life, Start Ray and play Jeff green more minutes that way you keep the big Ego's in check and still accomplish the goal of having JG for long a long stretch. 

I’m ready for a parade. Banner 18 here we go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation:
    [QUOTE]I totally get the “catch the Knicks off guard" but COMMON SON, you want to mess up with your starting lineup in the playoffs? That’s a NO NO, I get the idea but let’s keep it real this team is built on cohesiveness and some big egos if you want to ruin our last chance of getting into the finals and get KG, PP and RR pissed off then go right ahead and switch the line up. I agree with Celtsfan4life, Start Ray and play Jeff green more minutes that way you keep the big Ego's in check and still accomplish the goal of having JG for long a long stretch.   I’m ready for a parade. Banner 18 here we go.
    Posted by blueprint555[/QUOTE]

Why would you play Jeff Green more minutes, he's been a complete bust so far in his Celtic career?

He's been timid, tentative, and a non-starter off the bench.

He suposed to come in and provide energy and instant offense.  He's given us nothing so far.

Nothing!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : Do you even watch the games?

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do, and I know how to interpret what I see, do you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : Do you even watch the games?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

In fact, Kirk, I'm wiling to place a little bet with you.

I take it you are a Jeff Green supporter and that you think Jeff Green will contribute more than Ray Allen in the coming playoff games.

I'm betting against you.  I think Jeff Green is a bust, and that Ray Allen is a proven commidity who will come through for the C's in the playoffs far excceeding whatever minor contrubutation Jeff Green may make.

I bet you that Ray will have more minutes played, more points, more rebounds, more steals, more assists, and will exceed Jeff Green in every statistical category you can think of in the playoffs.

Want to take my bet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : That's your biased opinion. Facts will show that Marquis Daniels gave the Celtics 5.5 ppg while Jeff Green is getting 9.6 ppg as a Celtic.  If I'm wrong on all counts then are you saying that Ray Allen is as good a defensive player as Bruce Bowen? Or Ray Allen is faster and jumps higher than Jeff Green? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

And green has been torched on defense. The onlly exception has been when he has played the 3 and Ray is at the the two. No idea why that is, but it's true. When green goes to the four he has been torched. and When Pierce has gone to the two, the celtics defense has been torched.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : It's a stupid bet. Ray will start, Green will not. Rivers doesn't have the balls to start Green.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Au contraire!

It's not a stupid bet.  It was stupid to suggest that Jeff Green would be more effective than Ray Allen.  That, my fine feathered friend, was stupid!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A sure bet is Doc starting Ray.

I dont believe Ray would do better on the 2nd unit due to reduced competition. Rays game is running off screens and getting the ball in the right spot,,, The C's starters (w/o Perk now) have it down to a science.. The screens, picks, Rays fades to the corner and ROndo usually delivering the ball on the button.

You cant mess with that... the 2nd unit will not even come close to executing and Rays effectiveness will diminish..

Green hasnt been a complete bust. HEs been slow to pick up the defense... but hes shown great athletic ability and has had some nice scoring nights... In the first week or so after the trade people were amazed at how great this kid was.... now hes a complete bust??? No way.  His offense is solid... needs work defensively & rebounding and its coming along..

Regarding the rest the starters are getting now... it may help a little but taking a week off isnt going to make up for all the mileage they put on during the season... If they are fatigued its cause DOc worked them  (esp PP & Ray) like mules all season long... 

Perhaps this rest could pay off for them mentally more so than physically... All the losing, questions, Perk trade etc wearing them down... a step away could really do some good...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]That's the problem with Ray Allen, if he's not getting the perfect screens he can't score. He needs the whole team to set him up for the perfect shot. In other words Ray needs Perk to get him open and Rondo to give him the ball when he's in the right spot. Way too predictable.

I dont think so.

Ray was having his best season  for us this year. Up in just about every shooting category.. He was getting his shots fine without Perks picks all season long.

Now all of a sudden, it was Perks imaginary picks from the rehab room that got Ray all those nice looks the first 3/4's of the season.  Funny

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Unless Shaq returns in perfect health this series as much as I would like it will not be a sweep.  This draw is a pain in the neck.  As refs will keep this series going in every close game.  We have to face that this series like Atlanta in 2008 is going to extend the Celtics. In the end it may get us ready for the Heat but an easy seed would have been nice.  Doc made sure that didn't happen on Monday night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]Unless Shaq returns in perfect health this series as much as I would like it will not be a sweep.  This draw is a pain in the neck.  As refs will keep this series going in every close game.  We have to face that this series like Atlanta in 2008 is going to extend the Celtics. In the end it may get us ready for the Heat but an easy seed would have been nice.  Doc made sure that didn't happen on Monday night.

Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Oh no!  Are you implying that we will have to deal with the refs controlling some games to ensure that the series goes 6 or seven games?  Don't they ever learn that what is what causes so many to claim the NBA is fixed and level with wrestling when they begin throwing games for the sake of extending series.  Every year they try to debunk this and every year it rears its ugly head again.

But this makes sense, two big market teams.

But it means that you have to win so decisively that the refs can't take it away.  but they have their way of making sure you're in fold trouble early, don't get any benefit of he doubt and won't let you get into rhythm.

I almost forgot about that aspect of the playoff.

I would still love a sweep, but it probably is unlikely. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sadly it is, but if the Celtics come out and destroy them in the first three it could happen.  Anytime the NBA is anywhere near Madison Square Garden or Staples the refs see the bright lights or get a directive from Stern to give his media darlings every benefit corrupt NBA officiating provides.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I think anyone who suggests that Doc start Green ahead of Allen at this time is completey nuts.
    Posted by rayman7[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  There were MANY people who wrote off Ray last year just before the trade deadline and then he started killing people for the rest of the season and in the playoffs.  I'm always amazed at how short a fan's memory can be when they lose faith in a player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : Don't worry, Kirk is right, Doc will not start Green over Ray. But it remains to be seen if Ray will be more productive than Green in the playoffs.  Remember the 2nd round of the 2008 playoffs, when Ray was basically non-existent against the Cavs? What Doc did was give Posey more playing time when Ray was not getting it done. So don't be surprised if Delonte or Green gets some of Ray's minutes if Ray struggles in the playoffs.

I love Green. He will have at least one or two games where he will be killing the opposition and we'll love him.  But, to be the consistent performer that Ray is during the playoffs is just not going to happen......and Green will especially have trouble on the defensive end.   I think the C's will develop  Green and he's going to be important to our future, but he's not ready to replace a Ray Allen - even at this stage of Rays career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : I love Green. He will have at least one or two games where he will be killing the opposition and we'll love him.  But, to be the consistent performer that Ray is during the playoffs is just not going to happen......and Green will especially have trouble on the defensive end.   I think the C's will develop  Green and he's going to be important to our future, but he's not ready to replace a Ray Allen - even at this stage of Rays career.

Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree, and with what Sasha showed us last night, he can be another veteran presence off the bench, hit 3's, and bring some defense too.

But the rest and the practice will be huge for the C's, the biggest factor by far going into the playoffs.

These extra days for Delonte and for Shaq are invaluable.

I think we will see a resurgent team come Sunday, especially in Ray and Rondo as they shake off all these grueling regular season minutes, but also for Paul and KG.

JO will be even further along, and if Shaq can bring 15 minutes a game, and stay healthy. . .  oh, look out!

Rest & recuperation:  you just can't beat it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics will beat the Knicks even without Ray Allen. But I don't think the Celtics will beat the Heat if Ray becomes a non-factor in the 2nd round against Miami.

Thanks for the non-contribution, Man.

Totally out of context of the thread or the previous post.

Do you even know what you are talking about?  Or is it you just like to hear you lips flap?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]I also have been calling for Jeff Green to start. Practice that way for the next week, then spring it on the Knicks....it will catch them off guard. Green is a better player than Ray right now, and playing Pierce at the 2 and Green at the 3 will create a lot of matchup problems for all of our opponents.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Once more we are in agreement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : That's your biased opinion. Facts will show that Marquis Daniels gave the Celtics 5.5 ppg while Jeff Green is getting 9.6 ppg as a Celtic.  If I'm wrong on all counts then are you saying that Ray Allen is as good a defensive player as Bruce Bowen? Or Ray Allen is faster and jumps higher than Jeff Green? 

i agree to agree with ya here, green has huge upside,
    deserves to be second off the pine at least...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts