7 Days of Rest & Recuperation

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation

In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation:

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : It's not out of context. I'm just saying even with 7 days of rest we will not know for sure how Ray will perform in this year's playoffs. Anything wrong with that?  

Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are out of context of the thread which is about the team and the rest period betwen games and what it means for the  C's: it's not about Ray or Jeff. 

You are always trying to pick a fight with someone on this forum Fierce and for that you are most pathetic.

You are also out of context with the previous post of mine which you were supposedly responding to.

I've got no problem, Mr.  It is you who want to constatnly start little tifts with other users.  Get over it.

No dice, Man.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]You keep telling me I'm out of context. And I'm the one picking a fight here? My opinion is my opinion, it doesn't have to conform to your thread. If you don't like what I post then put me on ignore.  I said I'm not sure how Ray will perform even with 7 days rest. How is that out of context?  You really believe with 7 days rest it's a guarantee the Celtics will win the championship already? What's pathetic is you not respecting the opinion of other people.

Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I respect the opinion of many people, just not yours.

Your track record of picking fights with numerous posters and getting into flame wars on threads is well established.

So you are  right on this one:  I don't respect your opinion.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]Stop blaming other Celtic players, rayman7. Your bias is starting to show. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I respect the opinion of many people, just not yours.

Your track record of picking fights with numerous posters and getting into flame wars on threads is well established.

So you are right, on this one:  I don't respect your opinion.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

P 34,

No, mental floss.

The best conditioned athletes on earth do not need seven days rest, they need a mental vacation.

Time to refocus.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]P 34, No, mental floss. The best conditioned athletes on earth do not need seven days rest, they need a mental vacation. Time to refocus.

Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Thanks, MCF, that's what is implied by rest & recuperation.  A physical rest and a mental vacation.

Some would tend to disagree on whether they need the days of physical rest also.  They were really dragging down the stretch and, given, some of it was mental, but they were dog tired physically too, and Doc was very smart to incorporate nearly seven days of rest into their schedule.

Go Celtics!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

Death & taxes, there's the only guarantee any one gets.

But Doc sure was shrewd to get his starters some quality time off, that's what I'm saying.

The whole teams was sure draggin' their butts going down the stretch.

I'm a lot more confident going into the playoffs now that the guys got some rest and a mental break than if Doc had played them right through in a foolish attempt to get a higher seed -- that wasn't going to happen.

At least now, going into the playoffs, the excuse of fatigue and too many minutes and nagging little injuries has been taken off the table.

They think they can flip a switch and turn it on for the playoffs, well, now we will see:  no excuses about being tired and worn down for any of the starters.

Time to flip that switch and perform.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]I also have been calling for Jeff Green to start. Practice that way for the next week, then spring it on the Knicks....it will catch them off guard. Green is a better player than Ray right now, and playing Pierce at the 2 and Green at the 3 will create a lot of matchup problems for all of our opponents.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I am so happy none of you aren't coaches. Rays offensive and defensive awarness alone should start him over Green. Green has been here for a very short time and should not be starting in what is our last tour for a championship anytime soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7 Days of Rest & Recuperation : I am so happy none of you aren't coaches. Rays offensive and defensive awarness alone should start him over Green. Green has been here for a very short time and should not be starting in what is our last tour for a championship anytime soon.

Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

LoL, at this one.  You & me, Babe, we in total unanimity on that sentiment.

Starting Green should not even be a topic for intelligent conversation.  How starting Green got woven into a thread about how important this rest and recuperation period is for the Celtic's is a mystery.

It's too bad that Shaq is still not ready even with the extended break.

The good news is that everybody else (save for a slightly wounded Delonte) is rested both physically and mentally and ready to turn it up a  notch in the playoffs come Sunday. 

Go Celts!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

Much of this thread was diverted by certain idiots to the topic of starting Jeff Green ahead of Ray Allen, because Ray was old. . .  and basically useless.

Ok, let's revisit the topic.

Once again, Green was out of his element, like a deer caught in the headlights, not ready for the big stage, not ready for prime time.

Ray on the other hand . . . well, actions speak louder than words -- Ray just hit a three with the clock winding down to win the game, C's down one, after basically taking over the point guard position from Rondo for the 2nd half.  

To reiterate:  Starting Green should not even be a topic for intelligent conversation.  How starting Green got woven into a thread about how important this rest and recuperation period is for the Celtic's is a mystery.

I never cease to be amazed by the idiocy of some on this board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Why does it matter who starts. Its more important who finishes, and its clear that RA is a finisher.

Sections
Shortcuts