70 percent want to blow it up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

70 percent want to blow it up

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/rondo_acl/

It's time.

I don't want to be having these same discussions next year.

I love all these guys. I even like Collins.

But it's time to blow it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: 70 percent want to blow it up

This could be the end of the Pierce Garnett era in Boston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It's time.

With Rondo out for the remainder of the season you may be right.  Danny may decide to make a couple of trades that will help the Celtics build for the future.  It will be interesting to see what happens. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Says you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It's time.

With Rondo out for the remainder of the season you may be right.  Danny may decide to make a couple of trades that will help the Celtics build for the future.  It will be interesting to see what happens. 

This will be painful for us diehards.  In the end we may get better much quicker for the future. Doc and Danny can both now do their jobs with a much clearer head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Nope, we can still contend, there is more than one way to skin a cat. If we play the way we did today with new and old meshing and each adding their own play instead of trying to be somebody from 4 years ago or replacing somebody. We just beat a full strength,motivated,7-3 in last 10, defending NBA champion * minus an AllStar top 5 PG. Hey Penny Little the sky ain't falling it's just cloudy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

I don't think they need to blow it up just yet.  A trade or two may help out though.  I say trade Bass and Terry for Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson.  If Lowry is healthy the kid can ball.  He is a bit of head case but Rondo is too.  Lowry's contract is only for this year and next year.  Rondo will probably be out until this time next year so you can slide him back in and Lowry can come off the bench.  If Lowry starts to complain like he has with his other teams you only have him for a few more months anyway.  I think Johnson has good upside too.  He is only 25 and puts up almost 10 points a game with 6 rebounds in 26 minutes.  Just a thought since rumor is Lowry  wants out and Toronto would rather trade him than Calderon.  We played good today but without a true point guard to run a half court set I think we are going to struggle to win games.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Nope, we can still contend, there is more than one way to skin a cat. If we play the way we did today with new and old meshing and each adding their own play instead of trying to be somebody from 4 years ago or replacing somebody. We just beat a full strength,motivated,7-3 in last 10, defending NBA champion * minus an AllStar top 5 PG. Hey Penny Little the sky ain't falling it's just cloudy

I don't think you get the concept of what i am talking about.  Yes this team could still be competitive. No it wont win a champlonship. I assume you know that.

What do you have against preparing for next year and trying to improve the roster?  There are a lot of bad contracts on this team.

Also it's chicken little. I think Penny little was a midget stripper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

In response to rampageimt23's comment:

I don't think they need to blow it up just yet.  A trade or two may help out though.  I say trade Bass and Terry for Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson.  If Lowry is healthy the kid can ball.  He is a bit of head case but Rondo is too.  Lowry's contract is only for this year and next year.  Rondo will probably be out until this time next year so you can slide him back in and Lowry can come off the bench.  If Lowry starts to complain like he has with his other teams you only have him for a few more months anyway.  I think Johnson has good upside too.  He is only 25 and puts up almost 10 points a game with 6 rebounds in 26 minutes.  Just a thought since rumor is Lowry  wants out and Toronto would rather trade him than Calderon.  We played good today but without a true point guard to run a half court set I think we are going to struggle to win games.

I AM SO SURE TORONTO WOULD BE ALL OVER THAT TRADE!!!!!!

BOING...............

I never said Toronto would be all over that trade.  Just a suggestion that the Celtics may explore.  Try comprehending before you reply you moron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think we have just a good a shot as we did when I woke up this morning. Setback? yes, insurmountable setback? No. Semantics is always the white flag of logical disscussion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think we have just a good a shot as we did when I woke up this morning. Setback? yes, insurmountable setback? No. Semantics is always the white flag of logical disscussion.

I thought the white flag was when you called someone "Penny Little".

My bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

No need to blow it up. One thing I noticed is that terry and lee need the ball in their hands to make plays, they can create their own shots. Now, this possible with Rondo out. We need a big who can score and command double teams, if Danny can pull if a trade for Big Al, that would be the ultimate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Your forgiven, what's next spell checking? Any way you slice it you the right to opinion and to be wrong which I think you are. Thise team I think is far from done. If in month or so if they do blow it up I will say you were right but I think now I think you're wrong and we wil lbe playing and doing  better than you and many others think,  Little slick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

No need to blow it up. One thing I noticed is that terry and lee need the ball in their hands to make plays, they can create their own shots. Now, this possible with Rondo out. We need a big who can score and command double teams, if Danny can pull if a trade for Big Al, that would be the ultimate.

Rondo never passed to the guard much.  It will definitely help Terry. Now he needs to make some threes for a change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

Rondo never passed to the guard much.  It will definitely help Terry. Now he needs to make some threes for a change.

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Would not be surpised if C's start playing better.  Adversity often brings a team together and inspires them to play better short term.  Having said that, the larger perspective argues towards trading assets to contenders for picks and young promising players.  I understand if you disagree, but with this injury, the sun has set both on this season and  the big 3 era, and it's time to do what needs to be done to move on.

Stunned by the news. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to rampageimt23's comment:

We already struggle to win games with arguably one of the best point guards in the game!!  Its not like we do some great job of half court execution late in games because of Rondo's passing and calling plays.   He was more important as a scorer than a passer late in games.   Without a "true point guard", we will pass/share the ball better and we will definitely play better D.  Danny has a week or two and I think we withhold judgement until we see how the team plays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What will the Celtics need to do to get back to the Finals?

Answer: Beat the Heat, Knicks, and maybe the Bulls in succession.

Come on, it's not realistic. Maybe the Celtics can upset one of those 3 teams, but not all 3.

Realistically, with or without Rondo, we weren't headed into the land of beating those 3 teams.  Our fate was always depending on what Green, Bass, and Terry did.   KG and Pierce will be who they are and will be predictable in the playoffs.   Its the others that were the swing vote, anyway.   

So, ride it out and see who steps up and is ready to be a part of a better team next year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Wrong!  There is no way we contend!  Even an optimist would say our odds are slim!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I'm with you Hondo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

if you think that for the remainder of the season they can consistently play like they did against he heat yesterday you're nuts. i'm sure pp and kg needed oxygen afterwards and won't be able to move today....