76ers Continue Their Plight to be the Most Blantant Tankers Ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

76ers Continue Their Plight to be the Most Blantant Tankers Ever

Per Woj the 76ers and Wolves completed a deal sending Thaddeus Young to Minny for Luc Mbah A Moute, Shved, and a protected 1st from Miami.

Tanking done aggressively! I'm amazed the Sixers aren't getting more scrutiny from the league. 

The Sixers of the future: MCW - Emmanuel Mudiay - Dario Saric - Noel - Embiid!

The Wolves made out pretty well considering how the Love situation was looking at the beginning of the offseason. When it's done they will have come away with Wiggins, Bennett, and the established player they wanted, Thad Young. Good haul for Kevin Love and a couple scraps. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Re: 76ers Continue Their Plight to be the Most Blantant Tankers Ever

Blantant? WOW! 

Late show last night. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Looks like I'm the last one posting here anyway. Wait! Wasn't there a thread about "Only Idiots..." I guess I'm Blantantly the biggest of them all!

But does this also mean that I've WON THE BDC BOARD!!! YaaaaaaaaaaaaaYeah!! 

Alright! 

Hey Me, what do you think about trading Rondo for scraps, and magazines?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

That's a great idea, Me! You always have the best talking points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Awwww, thanks Buddy. That means a lot coming from Me. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I haven't heard anything from the league about it but I'm sure the ticket sales will be tough sledding this year.  Lets just say, I wouldn't invite santa claus in for the halftime show.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sixers are embarrassing the entire league. This better be the last year of "The only way to rebuild is to build a loser"

I mean from a fan relations standpoint, wouldnt have been great if we could still have Pierce and Garnett and a high draft pick because it was our turn to pick in the lottery?

They need to start a revolving draft system that is inherently fair and prevents one team from hogging all the best young players by tanking. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

The commissioner has and will do nothing to stop this disgrace.  I plan on disrespecting this franchise.  The media will embrace them if they turn it around and so will the fans.  The Sixers are a franchise of welfare loads and, to me, their high draft picks are ill-gotten gains.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

The commissioner has and will do nothing to stop this disgrace.  I plan on disrespecting this franchise.  The media will embrace them if they turn it around and so will the fans.  The Sixers are a franchise of welfare loads and, to me, their high draft picks are ill-gotten gains.

Yes, teams tanking purposefully is definitely frustrating. Especially because it usually works. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Cleveland doesn't even have to tank.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Teams tank.  This is nothing new.  In the past, the acceptable norm has been to blatantly tank with more subtle grace.

What is new is that the Sixers are taking this tactic to the extreme, making no bones about it and in the process compiling an scary core of young talent for the future.  What they are doing is completely legal.  The only people that should be appalled are the fans of the team.  

Throughout the entire last season I seem to recall the majority of posters on here advocating that the Celtics should tank and do whatever it takes to lose more games on purpose and get a better draft pick.  The Sixers are just tanking better. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The most blatant taking I can remember was houston tanking to get (H)Akeem.  I remember seeing a lot of major jones in their last 20 games.  Major wasn't as good as Caldwell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Gee, wonder why Philly is so adamantly against revising the draft rules.......................

They will be fined if they don't TAKE ON salary by the trade deadline.  They are embarrassingly under the cap.  There is a minimum team salary, and they aren't close...........

Look for PHI to take on Amare and his apostrophe at the trade deadline...............then they lose the 21 mill and start all over again.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Gee, wonder why Philly is so adamantly against revising the draft rules.......................

They will be fined if they don't TAKE ON salary by the trade deadline.  They are embarrassingly under the cap.  There is a minimum team salary, and they aren't close...........

Look for PHI to take on Amare and his apostrophe at the trade deadline...............then they lose the 21 mill and start all over again.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

Yup.  Executing their in-your-face tanking strategy perfectly.  

On the positive side... there will be lots of exciting talent available when all their marquee rookie contracts expire at about the same time and the Sizers do not have the cap space to resign many of them. 

This looks like the Sizers want to compete/win a title 3-4 years down the road then collapse into the scrap heap again.  I prefer the Spurs model to maintain long term competitiveness.  The Celtics seem to be somewhere in-between.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Yup.  Executing their in-your-face tanking strategy perfectly.  

On the positive side... there will be lots of exciting talent available when all their marquee rookie contracts expire at about the same time and the Sizers do not have the cap space to resign many of them. 

This looks like the Sizers want to compete/win a title 3-4 years down the road then collapse into the scrap heap again.  I prefer the Spurs model to maintain long term competitiveness.  The Celtics seem to be somewhere in-between.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Suns have a good model.  I like the WAS model as well............start the young studs, and have the vets as bench/role players.  They will be good again this year.  Of course, the Spurs have the best model of all.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Per Woj the 76ers and Wolves completed a deal sending Thaddeus Young to Minny for Luc Mbah A Moute, Shved, and a protected 1st from Miami.

Tanking done aggressively! I'm amazed the Sixers aren't getting more scrutiny from the league. 

The Wolves made out pretty well considering how the Love situation was looking at the beginning of the offseason. When it's done they will have come away with Wiggins, Bennett, and the established player they wanted, Thad Young. Good haul for Kevin Love and a couple scraps. 

The Celtics should go after Dario Saric , they could definitely get Saric to jump to the NBA next season if not sooner....give Philly the Doc Rivers Clippers #1 plus spare parts & $$$ 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

The Celtics should go after Dario Saric , they could definitely get Saric to jump to the NBA next season if not sooner....give Philly the Doc Rivers Clippers #1 plus spare parts & $$$ 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think they were looking at Saric.  However, I want them to go after TJ Warren.  Perhaps if PHO trades Bledsoe, we can get in on the deal to get Warren......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think they were looking at Saric.  However, I want them to go after TJ Warren.  Perhaps if PHO trades Bledsoe, we can get in on the deal to get Warren......

TJ Warren is going to score a lot of points in the NBA , he's got a Paul Pierce type of in between game and his game can only be described as "smooth", and as good as Jared Sullinger is, I think TJ Warren is a better player......would love to see a Bledsoe/Warren package come to Boston for Rondo (if it comes to that) , I think it is a perfect trade match for both teams.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

TJ Warren is going to score a lot of points in the NBA , he's got a Paul Pierce type of in between game and his game can only be described as "smooth", and as good as Jared Sullinger is, I think TJ Warren is a better player......would love to see a Bledsoe/Warren package come to Boston for Rondo (if it comes to that) , I think it is a perfect trade match for both teams.....

That would be a sweet trade. Warren will be the steal of the 2014 draft. I doubt Rondo would be enough for that though.  Bledsoe may have more value than Rondo right now, making the Celtics the team who would have to throw in a nice asset, not the other way around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

That would be a sweet trade. Warren will be the steal of the 2014 draft. I doubt Rondo would be enough for that though.  Bledsoe may have more value than Rondo right now, making the Celtics the team who would have to throw in a nice asset, not the other way around.

[object HTMLDivElement]

HMMMM.... I was thinking more like Hibbert to PHO and Rondo to IND............

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Take a look at their lineup, it is atrocious.  With any luck, they will go 4-78, then get the third pick.  We will be better this year strictly for the reason we are going 5-0 against them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Take a look at their lineup, it is atrocious.  With any luck, they will go 4-78, then get the third pick.  We will be better this year strictly for the reason we are going 5-0 against them.

Yeah, they will be bad this year, if they do get a top pick though they could have a very nice young team moving forward (until of course they all jump ship after their rookie deals run out).

But a core of Wiggins, Dieng, Bennett, and maybe a guy like Stanley Johnson, or Mudiay would be a great jumping off point. But I don't see how on earth they think they are going to "compete" this year. Or why they even bothered bringing in Thaddeus Young? I mean, what is he going to do for them? Not suddenly make them a playoff team, that is for sure.

oh wait, were you talking about the 76ers?  I thought you were discussing the Wolves for some reason. Whatever, they are both gonna suck. You could kinda say the same things about either team, which is really sad for the Wolves because they actually want to try to win. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I like Warren, but I don't think he ideally fits the Celtics rebuild.  Sure, he is an extraordinary scorer, but mostly from around the lane. He does not have a good 3pt shot and is inconsistent on the D end.  

He and Sully would get in the way of each other and I would keep Sully and his rebounding skills over Warren.  Expect Sully to move his entire game and shot selection closer to the hoop this year.  

Ideally we need a SF who can score from the outside and play strong D.  There are several outstanding SF coming out of the 2015 draft that will be available somewhere between 5-16.  I'm gonna keep my eye on Oubre (Kansas), Johnson (AZ), Jackson (NC), Winslow (Duke), Looney (UCLA) and Jefferson (AZ) in that order.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Yeah, they will be bad this year, if they do get a top pick though they could have a very nice young team moving forward (until of course they all jump ship after their rookie deals run out).

But a core of Wiggins, Dieng, Bennett, and maybe a guy like Stanley Johnson, or Mudiay would be a great jumping off point. But I don't see how on earth they think they are going to "compete" this year. Or why they even bothered bringing in Thaddeus Young? I mean, what is he going to do for them? Not suddenly make them a playoff team, that is for sure.

oh wait, were you talking about the 76ers?  I thought you were discussing the Wolves for some reason. Whatever, they are both gonna suck. You could kinda say the same things about either team, which is really sad for the Wolves because they actually want to try to win. 

Yeah, I meant the sixers who are basically a d league team.  The wolves have some talent, but in the west they are going to take a beating on a pretty regular basis.  You are right about their core though- wiggins, dieng, young, Rubio... that is solid.  I did not include Bennett  because I think he is a total bust.  If I was flip I would have pushed for waiters and let them keep Bennett.  just my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

You gotta love the Sixers commitment to a management plan...once they make up their minds as an organization they stay true to their vision!

Sections
Shortcuts