76'ers, Nets, and Knicks are better this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

76'ers, Nets, and Knicks are better this year

It is evident at this early stage the Atlantic Division is much improved. We know Philly gives us fits and have to consider the Nets and Knicks are good deal better this year.  My concern and it is way to early to assume anything is that we are missing a big man and have a deep but hard to fully utilize ten man team.  What jumps out at you right away after three games is KG and Paul are going to have to sweat out many more contested games just in their division and will be run down as the season progresses.  Obviously we need some of the bench to step up and be stars. Rondo will be there but who can play up front with KG and spell him when he needs rest.  The answer is we don't have that guy.  We need to get one.  This division is going to be tough for the first time in years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: 76'ers, Nets, and Knicks are better this year

In reply to Concord27

KG needs a buddy who  can board, clog the middle, and play the low post.  That, and not Ray's defection, is our #! need this year.  Sully can help, but I don't think he's big enough to give us everything we need to get past Philly (nevermind Miami)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

In reply to Concord27

KG needs a buddy who  can board, clog the middle, and play the low post.  That, and not Ray's defection, is our #! need this year.  Sully can help, but I don't think he's big enough to give us everything we need to get past Philly (nevermind Miami)

I agree what about Gasol for Green and Bass.  Could it work? Gasol is smart and with KG he could play well. I know they don't like each other but who knows he might want to make the Lakers pay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In reply to Concord27

Not sure the Lakers  would bite on that one, jury still being out on Green and all.

Right now, DA is probably the  only GM enamored of JG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Magic, Hawks and Bulls are worse

Although Hawks have some promise and if Rose returns you never know... Hinrich can hold down the fort well enough

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Can't even comment on the lack of pride

RE - LAX.  Holy Cow.  This is an excelent team.  Yeah, all those teams have improved.  I always thought the Knicks were the scariest with Stoudamire healthy.

But, the Celts are gonna be excellent.  Calm down.  We will win the division.  Mark it down.  No ifs, buts or maybes.  The Celtics will win the Atlantic.  We are a few defensive rotations away from dominating questionable teams and going to WAR with the elite.  Green and Rondo aren't even out of the box yet.  You think Lee and Terry are gonna shoot like this all season long?  The law of averages won't allow it nevermind their talent and fit on this team.

Danny Ainge has done the best job in years.  As my dad said to me right before Bird stole the inbounds from Isiah:  "Oh ye of little faith"

This is starting to sound like Red Sox fans losing their minds in April.  Where is your pride?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Sixers and Nets lose again.

Right now only the Knicks are better.

So the Nets aren't better than the lotto team they were last year b/c they just lost a game?

Sixers may or may not prove to be better than the team that gave boston a h#ll of a fight in rd 2 last year... they will be hard-pressed to return to a game 7 in the 2nd rd that they were gifted by Rose's injury.

But there is no way the Nets are not better this year... which is the subject of the thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Sixers and Nets lose again.

Right now only the Knicks are better.

Agree with you.  The Knicks had a very good team last season but had team chemistry issues.  So far this season they seem to have developed that chemistry that was lacking.   They also had an impressive win against Miami.  If they continue playing like this for the entire season, they are going to be one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Melo is playing inspired, we'll see how long he plays tenacious D and shares the ball, he never has before. Amare is still out, when he returns he will do his best to disrupt their chemistry

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I get what you said Fierce... you said 'right now' only the Knicks are better than last year

The Nets 'right now', even at 1-1, are not a better team than last year? With Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace on the team? They still need to prove they are better than last years LOTTO team that started 1-6, didn't have 2 of those guys at all, and picked up Wallace late in the game??

Ha...ok whatever you say;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Only the Sixers will need an entire season worth of games and the playoffs to determine if they truly are better than last years team, that finished 4th in the East. They had an insanely hot start and deep playoff run... so this Sixers will be har pressed to have both a hot streak at any point like the one they had last year and a playoff run as deep.  

The Knicks are better 'right now' than the 8th seed they were last year... BY FAR... but it is a long season , Amare needs to be integrated and so on. It is a safe bet that they will end up a 4-6 seed this year and improved... but no guarantee.

'RIGHT NOW' the Nets are CLEARLY better than the lotto team they put on the court last year with an injured starting C and a guy like Morrow over Johnson... so Fierce, your post that said the Nets are not better 'right now' then they were last year is complete baloney, they will be better than last years team even if they start like 3-7, b/c last years team started 2-8 and didn't have close to the same talent.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Don't jump to conclusions yet. If they start 3-7 then I'll agree that the Nets got better. But right now their record is 1-1. Too early to say if they got better. I mean your sample size is 10 games, 1-1 is only 2 games.

http://www.nba.com/nets/schedule/2011

Check it out, rame, the Nets also started 1-1 last season.

Get it? 

[/QUOTE]

Wow... just shocking... the Nets start 1-1 both seasons...and you can't clearly see that the team with Lopez, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace starting over Johan Petro, Damion James and Anthony Morrow is CLEARLY a better team?

We really have to wait until the Nets don't go 1-6, like they did last year to be able to say they are obviously a better team now... WOW...

and you don't 'get it?'

your wrong... move on... the lotto bound Nets that started 8-23 cannot be shown to be worse until the new Brookyln version's actual record in the standing is better... which will happen by this weekend at the LATEST?

Just amazing the lengths someone will go to not say 'yeah my bad, the Nets are obviously better than last year, I misspoke'

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You had to post all that silly personal attack false garbage just to say this:

Also, I agree that the Nets of this season are better than the Nets of last season. They're just not showing it yet.

Do we really need your weak sauce about how simply b/c they are 1-1 at the same point in the season as a year ago it is too early to tell if they will be better... before you instantly say you agree they are better?

This year they won a game by 7 and lost one by 11... all with a ton of talent there on the court like Boston just trying to jell still. Anyone can tell this team is better the second they walked onto the court. When you said 'right now only the knicks are better' that was incorrect, the Nets were better than last years team starting in July.

After a win last year their borderline d-league roster other than Williams and like 3-4 guys was destroyed by 36 points and it was all downhill from there.

This is a silly thing to fight about but it boggles my mind that anyone can say the Nets are currently not better than last years team. I'm glad you corrected yourself.. except for the part about 'not showing it' b/c they showed up with a much more talented roster and didn't lose their 2nd game by 36 points, so at 1-1 they are still a much better team. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts