8-1 without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Re: 8-1 without Rondo

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [
    Yes, I am introducing basic maths.

Keep it simple, Kirk.

You'll be right on the verge of losing most of these guys once you start talking about addition by subtraction.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Lets get crazy and talk about addition by SUBTRACTION....minds go totally blown on that concept.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I would rather let the Rondo guys complain some more about Pierce.  They didn't do enough of it during the game thread. 

Hmm so a non Rondo guy (kirk) complaining about PP....funny how that is when its true

actually you were one of the ones I was referring to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i dont get these threads at all...cant it be seen as a GOOD thing that we have found what makes key guys on our team go? Isnt it a good thing Doc changed the offense so others are excelling, and next year we add one of the best open court players in the league to that new offense and become even better? 

i dont understand why it has to be a Anti-Rondo rant. 

Well I don't understand all the anti Pierce Crap either,  so get a  grip I guess.  Dude has been playing with a pinched nerve two months,  playing outstanding ball during this streak, and all you read about is why is he in the game, he is so useless, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe some people just don't understand basketball.  They think shooting is the only way to contribute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I would rather let the Rondo guys complain some more about Pierce.  They didn't do enough of it during the game thread. 

The same people who refer to some as Rondo haters, were all over Pierce tonight. I guess they hold PP to a different standard then Rondo. I have really come to respect Pierce, Doc puts him in some unwinable situations, and Pierce never backs down from any challange!!

watch out you will get a bad name there.  Yes,  as usual i read the game threads. The same ones each game.  Actually its kind of funny.  When someone say somthing about Rondo,  its they don't know what  they are talking about,  yet they do the same about Pierce and would argue to the grave about how right they are.

Really go thru any game thread.  Its so obvious.

I very seldon knock any Celtic, even Rondo.  Yes I want more, but they are Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pierce is a great player, but Doc never adjusts to changing conditions.

If Pierce is tired or injured, and Green is tearing it up, let Pierce rest.

Popovich is a much smarter coach in this way.

yes, Coach Kirk we understand.  We would have a 9 game streak now if you were only running things.  We all know,  Doc doesn't have a clue,  or get it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The same people who refer to some as Rondo haters, were all over Pierce tonight. I guess they hold PP to a different standard then Rondo. I have really come to respect Pierce, Doc puts him in some unwinable situations, and Pierce never backs down from any challange!!

watch out you will get a bad name there.  Yes,  as usual i read the game threads. The same ones each game.  Actually its kind of funny.  When someone say somthing about Rondo,  its they don't know what  they are talking about,  yet they do the same about Pierce and would argue to the grave about how right they are.

Really go thru any game thread.  Its so obvious.

I very seldon knock any Celtic, even Rondo.  Yes I want more, but they are Celtics.

Word. I like all the guys on my team. I might point out that Green needs to rebound more, same with Bass, but I never dog anyone on the Celtics out.

That's what I don't get about some of this stuff.  A lot of these guys really hate Rondo and talk about him like they know him personally. It's odd.

As far as Pierce goes that guy is a straight up warrior and an all time great. What he is doing this year a5 35 is incredible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Obvious Kirk didn't listen to DA being interviewed during the 2nd quarter.  He addressed the team's current play w/o Rondo......

Yes he did... in a totally dishonest fashion.

I was struck by DA's spinning of exactly how the Cs turned things around.

Turns out that it had nothing to do with any injury to our ASPG.

Poor, poor Danny.

Wash the egg off of your face, my man.

The DA doth protest too much, methinks.

Pud 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Obvious Kirk didn't listen to DA being interviewed during the 2nd quarter.  He addressed the team's current play w/o Rondo......

Poor, poor Danny.

Pud 

Hey Pud,

I didn't see the interview but if I were Ainge, as much as I dislike Rondo, I wouldn't throw him under the bus yet... especially if I'm planning to get rid of him via trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Obviously Ainge would never say what he really thought to the media about much of anything. thats just public relations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondo still has value, and this streak doesn't effect it one way or the other.  Everyone in the league knows what Rondo can and can't do.  The challenge for the C's is for Rondo to improve the parts of  his game that are not that good.  Great players find something to improve every year.  They keep getting better.   Rondo has no reason not to come back a better free throw shooter.  None what so ever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:

Poor, poor Danny.

Pud 

Hey Pud,

I didn't see the interview but if I were Ainge, as much as I dislike Rondo, I wouldn't throw him under the bus yet... especially if I'm planning to get rid of him via trade.

Exactly. He can't afford to be honest.

His  used car salesmanship  must be seen in this light. Same same with doc.

A very tough sell considering the dramatic turn around in the teams fortune as that particular "junker" sits idle, rehabing, useless, broke down, engine/tranie apart.

While the team is suddenly humming along hitting on all cylinders.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Has anyone ever seen another player when asked a question about a specific player,  throw that player under the buss?   Even if they are the enemy, they talk like that player is great.  I think they have all been trained/prepped to say good things about all players.   I am sure this goes double for team mates.   What are they going to do,  say yea we are better off without someone thats on their team?   Has anyone ever heard that in the entire time the NBA has been around?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Has anyone ever seen another player when asked a question about a specific player,  throw that player under the buss?   Even if they are the enemy, they talk like that player is great.  I think they have all been trained/prepped to say good things about all players.   I am sure this goes double for team mates.   What are they going to do,  say yea we are better off without someone thats on their team?   Has anyone ever heard that in the entire time the NBA has been around?

Like I said its public relations.  the only guy I can think of off hand that does that kind of stuff is Kobe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Like I said its public relations.  the only guy I can think of off hand that does that kind of stuff is Kobe.

The fact that there a people on the BB talking about Rondo like he is the anti-Christ is and has always been insane.  He did tank it when Perkins was traded, but he is no longer that player.  The team had players who were grossly underperforming like Terry and Lee, but it was not Rondo's fault.  Rondo needs to look at how his play has to change.  Unfortunately for some on this BB Ainge is not going to sell low on this kid. He will be here next year and you can be sure of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Oops,  I forgot about him.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Rondo needs to look at how his play has to change.  

That's the exact same challenge that R9R has faced since he entered the NBA as a head strong incomplete PG.

So far.... no luck.  Not in his DNA to adapt.

And DA is making noises that Rondo isn't the issue. The real  issue is putting the "right pieces" around R9R.

Maybe we need a younger version of the Big Three to walk thru the door so ASPG can  simply "do his thing."

Pud

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i dont get these threads at all...cant it be seen as a GOOD thing that we have found what makes key guys on our team go? Isnt it a good thing Doc changed the offense so others are excelling, and next year we add one of the best open court players in the league to that new offense and become even better? 

i dont understand why it has to be a Anti-Rondo rant. 

Jamez, with all due respect, the fact is that it was very obvious to many that Rondo was the reason that the TEAM was struggling so much this season. His style and propencity to be a stat hound, i.e. assist record, triple doubles did not support a TEAM mentality and was counter productive. The fact that the C's are now 9-1 in the last 10-games that RR has not played is more than a coincidence or a change in philosophy by DOC who still preaches DEFENSE first. You've got to admit, RR's D was lacking. Now with AB and C-Lee, we have one of the best defensive back courts in the league. OUR D is the key to our offense. We are obviously not as talented without RR, but are obviously a better performing team without him. Now we can all just hope that IF he is a Celtic for all of next season, he has learned to be more mature, more in control, and more of a TEAM player. Otherwise, it won't take an injury to expose him. We are all paying close attention to it now. I'd bet you are too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pierce has been suffering with a pinched nerve in his neck.

Just one more reason why Doc should let Pierce rest more especially when Jeff Green is tearing it up.

This and Terry getting better from an injury he is nursing are the real reasons why the Celtics are suddenly playing better. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Just one more reason why Doc should let Pierce rest more especially when Jeff Green is tearing it up.

This and Terry getting better from an injury he is nursing are the real reasons why the Celtics are suddenly playing better. 

along with better ball movement, now that the ball dominator is out!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Better ball movement from a change in offensive philosophy. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You're srarting to see the light. At least you admit there is better ball movement!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

You're srarting to see the light. At least you admit there is better ball movement!!

never denied it.  easy enough to continue when Rondo gets back and improves this team. 

because let's be honest, that 8 point third quarter last night was not the stuff of offensive juggernauts. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

never denied it.  easy enough to continue when Rondo gets back and improves this team. 

Anythings possibe. Sorry for the name calling a couple weeks ago, i take blame for starting it!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

We would be 9-0, but Doc pulled Green out of the Charlotte game because he was playing too well.

Why are we discussing being 8-1? When teams have adjusted to the new look,and are shutting the Celtics down.  Denver 90 in 4 quarters, Bobcats 91 ,and the Bulls totally shut them down.

This team is better with Rondo,and the last 3 games prove this,after teams have adjusted. They aren't scoring the basketball anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts