Re: 8-1 without Rondo

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Pierce has been suffering with a pinched nerve in his neck.

Just one more reason why Doc should let Pierce rest more especially when Jeff Green is tearing it up.

This and Terry getting better from an injury he is nursing are the real reasons why the Celtics are suddenly playing better. 

along with better ball movement, now that the ball dominator is out!!

Better ball movement from a change in offensive philosophy. 

You're srarting to see the light. At least you admit there is better ball movement!!

never denied it.  easy enough to continue when Rondo gets back and improves this team. 

Anythings possibe. Sorry for the name calling a couple weeks ago, i take blame for starting it!!

Ditto. I can be a right @-hole sometimes. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya,......

6-1 without Sullinger. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i dont get these threads at all...cant it be seen as a GOOD thing that we have found what makes key guys on our team go? Isnt it a good thing Doc changed the offense so others are excelling, and next year we add one of the best open court players in the league to that new offense and become even better? 

i dont understand why it has to be a Anti-Rondo rant. 

Well I don't understand all the anti Pierce Crap either,  so get a  grip I guess.  Dude has been playing with a pinched nerve two months,  playing outstanding ball during this streak, and all you read about is why is he in the game, he is so useless, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe some people just don't understand basketball.  They think shooting is the only way to contribute.

Yeah like any of us knew that??? Pretty lame to bring that up and if it was just shooting that wouldnt be nearly an issue but everyone knows including you that he has tendencies to turn the ball over especially in critical times.... look he is really good but he is subject to criticism like anyone else.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

i dont get these threads at all...cant it be seen as a GOOD thing that we have found what makes key guys on our team go? Isnt it a good thing Doc changed the offense so others are excelling, and next year we add one of the best open court players in the league to that new offense and become even better? 

Jamez, with all due respect, the fact is that it was very obvious to many that Rondo was the reason that the TEAM was struggling so much this season. His style and propencity to be a stat hound, i.e. assist record, triple doubles did not support a TEAM mentality and was counter productive. The fact that the C's are now 9-1 in the last 10-games that RR has not played is more than a coincidence or a change in philosophy by DOC who still preaches DEFENSE first. You've got to admit, RR's D was lacking. Now with AB and C-Lee, we have one of the best defensive back courts in the league. OUR D is the key to our offense. We are obviously not as talented without RR, but are obviously a better performing team without him. Now we can all just hope that IF he is a Celtic for all of next season, he has learned to be more mature, more in control, and more of a TEAM player. Otherwise, it won't take an injury to expose him. We are all paying close attention to it now. I'd bet you are too.

i think the only good thing about Rondo being out is it showed Doc that other players were capable of handling the ball and making plays. The philosophy has changed and thats why you are seeing improved ball handling. If Rondo turned his ankle and was about to return, it would be perfect because then you could see what i mean, Doc cwould implement Rondo into the new philosophy and you would see that Rondo can be an ASSET to this team. 

bottom line, the team relied on Rondo, and he did what was asked of him. He didnt ignore Doc's pleas and do his own thing. He followed DOCS orders, so u cant blame Rondo for the way things were going down ball movement wise. hopefully next year you will see what i mean.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

We also haven't won a championship in the last decade without Rondo, or been to the Finals without Rondo. Yes, Rondo clearly should have shared the ball more this year and played a better style, but that's on Doc/coaching as well for giving Rondo too much freedom. The solution to that is to remove the most talented person from the team because the coach can't give him the right parameters? That's the same ridiculousness as D"Antoni benching Pao because he can't fit him into his scheme. Coaches have to make the most of the talent they have. If you have to get rid of the talent eventually you will hit a wall. 

That said I really do like the defensive intensity of Lee and Bradley together. I'm open to Rondo being traded for an outstanding big next year, he's the Celtics' only chip at that point. But these "Celts are better without Rondo" threads are the same as "Lakers are better without Gasol" - silly stuff. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to jamesandersonwho's comment:

We would be 9-0, but Doc pulled Green out of the Charlotte game because he was playing too well.

Why are we discussing being 8-1? When teams have adjusted to the new look,and are shutting the Celtics down.  Denver 90 in 4 quarters, Bobcats 91 ,and the Bulls totally shut them down.

This team is better with Rondo,and the last 3 games prove this,after teams have adjusted. They aren't scoring the basketball anymore.

Maybe you missed the parts where we shut them down as well?  Charlotte shouldn't even fit in the discussion.  That was a scheduling loss after trip overtime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We would be 9-0, but Doc pulled Green out of the Charlotte game because he was playing too well.

Why are we discussing being 8-1? When teams have adjusted to the new look,and are shutting the Celtics down.  Denver 90 in 4 quarters, Bobcats 91 ,and the Bulls totally shut them down.

This team is better with Rondo,and the last 3 games prove this,after teams have adjusted. They aren't scoring the basketball anymore.

Maybe you missed the parts where we shut them down as well?  Charlotte shouldn't even fit in the discussion.  That was a scheduling loss after trip overtime.

Off topic..  you're dampening the experience here by replacing the previous pic in your id.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

bottom line, the team relied on Rondo, and he did what was asked of him. He didnt ignore Doc's pleas and do his own thing. He followed DOCS orders, so u cant blame Rondo for the way things were going down ball movement wise. hopefully next year you will see what i mean.

Silly management asked a boy to do a man's job.

Things didn't go well as one might expect.

Now the boy is injured and the team that was underperforming is  suddenly overperforming.

Silly, silly management.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Well one thing is for sure. It was all Rondos fault and now that he is gone the Celtics have the best team in the NBA.

it is a sure things they will continue on this 8 and 1 pace for the rest of the season and steamroll the competion on their way to a championship.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Since  we  are bringing up how we do without certain players,  lets look at Paul Pierce.  

Since the 2009/2010 season we are 6 wins and 11 losses without Pierce. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Now the boy is injured and the team that was underperforming is  suddenly overperforming.

Silly, silly management.

Pud

Yup, but surely many will feel Doc is a genius for our new style and improved team.  Just like DOc was a genius with the emergence of BBD, as he rotted on the bench and played mostly garbage time until KG went down... .then Doc became a genius for "developing" BBD

As with Rondo, some people believe the hype and are incapable of distinquishing whats real or not real by their own observations. Just quoting a sports writer or former player is evidence enough..... and you wonder how some politicians can get elected

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Silly, silly management.

Pud

Yup, but surely many will feel Doc is a genius for our new style and improved team.  Just like DOc was a genius with the emergence of BBD, as he rotted on the bench and played mostly garbage time until KG went down... .then Doc became a genius for "developing" BBD

As with Rondo, some people believe the hype and are incapable of distinquishing whats real or not real by their own observations. Just quoting a sports writer or former player is evidence enough..... and you wonder how some politicians can get elected

Same could be said of Al Jefferson.  Played very little  until he had to.  This is one of the few things that bother me about Doc.  Not many I would trade him for with this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Jamez, with all due respect, the fact is that it was very obvious to many that Rondo was the reason that the TEAM was struggling so much this season. His style and propencity to be a stat hound, i.e. assist record, triple doubles did not support a TEAM mentality and was counter productive. The fact that the C's are now 9-1 in the last 10-games that RR has not played is more than a coincidence or a change in philosophy by DOC who still preaches DEFENSE first. You've got to admit, RR's D was lacking. Now with AB and C-Lee, we have one of the best defensive back courts in the league. OUR D is the key to our offense. We are obviously not as talented without RR, but are obviously a better performing team without him. Now we can all just hope that IF he is a Celtic for all of next season, he has learned to be more mature, more in control, and more of a TEAM player. Otherwise, it won't take an injury to expose him. We are all paying close attention to it now. I'd bet you are too.

i think the only good thing about Rondo being out is it showed Doc that other players were capable of handling the ball and making plays. The philosophy has changed and thats why you are seeing improved ball handling. If Rondo turned his ankle and was about to return, it would be perfect because then you could see what i mean, Doc cwould implement Rondo into the new philosophy and you would see that Rondo can be an ASSET to this team. 

There's no doubt that DOC has been an "enabler" for allowing Rondo to take his game and attitude to where he has gone with them. BUT, you are now banking on RR to get back to being the RR of 2008 when he gets well based on what he is witnessing as a successful style for the TEAM. That is where many of us have a different opinion. We all seem to agree that this TEAM is playing a better style in his absence.  From the "sample size" that we've seen from him, along with his strange behavioral patterns, I have a difficult time believing that Rondo will change his style and personality flaws when he KNOWS that there is a market out there for him as is. That's just how DIVAS do it. The menatlity is likely, "NOBODY is gonna tell me, THE ALL-STAR PG, that I need to change my game or how to act." See Telfair, Metta World Peace, Rodman, D. Cousins, AI, and on and on and on. All great players, but all have divisive personalities and behavior that never really changed much over time. I believe the "monster" has already been created and now it isn't worth the constant struggle to keep him in line once he is proven healthy. I HOPE I AM WRONG! but I don't think I am and I also think that this last two-three weeks have got the C's moving in another direction. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Well I don't understand all the anti Pierce Crap either,  so get a  grip I guess.  Dude has been playing with a pinched nerve two months,  playing outstanding ball during this streak, and all you read about is why is he in the game, he is so useless, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe some people just don't understand basketball.  They think shooting is the only way to contribute.

Yeah like any of us knew that??? Pretty lame to bring that up and if it was just shooting that wouldnt be nearly an issue but everyone knows including you that he has tendencies to turn the ball over especially in critical times.... look he is really good but he is subject to criticism like anyone else.

Hh
    Yes he is subject to criticism just as is mr rondo.  For some reason u seem to defend his faults. I Bet we wouldn't have won eight out of nine if pp was out and rondo in. U do know who is second worst on turnover per game this year don't u?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Off topic..  you're dampening the experience here by replacing the previous pic in your id.

+1ooo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

+1ooo

u can change now!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

+1ooo

u can change now!!!!

We want her back!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts