1964 Boston Celtics         4-1 San Francisco Warriors
    1963 Boston Celtics         4-2 Los Angeles Lakers
    1962 Boston Celtics         4-3 Los Angeles Lakers
    1961 Boston Celtics         4-1 St. Louis Hawks
    1960 Boston Celtics         4-3 St. Louis Hawks
    1959 Boston Celtics         4-0 Minneapolis Lakers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Laker 8-peat

Here's the other half of the 15 finals losses of the Lakers.

2008 Boston Celtics         4-2 Los Angeles Lakers
    2004 Detroit Pistons         4-1 Los Angeles Lakers
    1991 Chicago Bulls         4-1 Los Angeles Lakers
    1989 Detroit Pistons         4-0 Los Angeles Lakers
    1984 Boston Celtics         4-3 Los Angeles Lakers
    1983 Philadelphia 76ers 4-0   Los Angeles Lakers
    1973 New York Knicks 4-1 Los Angeles Lakers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Give the Lakers credit, being the 1st loser 15 times is not an easy thing to do. In fact, it's an NBA record!

Like they say, thanks for playing. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Looks like 21st is talking to himself again.

Thanks for playing! Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat:
    Here's the other half of the 15 finals losses of the Lakers. 2008 Boston Celtics         4-2 Los Angeles Lakers 2004 Detroit Pistons         4-1 Los Angeles Lakers 1991 Chicago Bulls         4-1 Los Angeles Lakers 1989 Detroit Pistons         4-0 Los Angeles Lakers 1984 Boston Celtics         4-3 Los Angeles Lakers 1983 Philadelphia 76ers 4-0   Los Angeles Lakers 1973 New York Knicks 4-1 Los Angeles Lakers
    Posted by 21st

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OMG.....talk about not even being competitive in the Finals.....the Lakers managed to win 8 of those 36 games.....(.222 %).......I mean.....holy sh*t.....guess the Western Conference wasn't so strong during those years...then again, the Lakers did make it out of the West twice with losing regular season records.....go figure....well,at least they got the chance to lose in the Finals during those years...that is pretty important in Los Angeles...at least to a few folks...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

to get a little more in depth on this discussion....

Finals record.......Lakers 31 appearances......89-90 (.497)...in LA 69-75 (.479)
                             Celtics 21 appearances.......77-52 (.596)

Sweeps..............Lakers 1-3
                              Celtics 1-0

7 Game Series     Lakers 4-5
                              Celtics 7-1...............talk about a clutch team!!

Boston trumps again.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

....isn't it funny how there are no Laker fans posting when these kind of numbers hit the board?....we all know that no thread here goes unread by these kids....but no replies at all?.....that speaks volumes in itself.....of course, what could their comeback possibly be.....?  Boston basketball over the years....it doesn't get any better....!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Umm.... funny that you started this.

Rounds of playoffs reached by Lakers and Celtics

Missed playoffs             5       16
    Round of 16                 7         6
    Round of 8                  11       11
    Final 4                        11        9
    Finals                         15        4
    Champs                      16        17

when this kind of numbers hit the board, the 16 times missing the playoffs is no comparison to the 15 times reaching the finals (even though losing).

Of course, knowing you, you would rather not making the playoffs than reaching the finals, but no sane fan would be in favor of losing like you...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the bottom line is simple....... the Celtics have owned the Lakers in both the regular season and in the playoffs and it's not even close....there is no rebuttal that can overcome that scenario.....since the Lakers and Celtics play in different conferences, making the finals doesn't mean one team is better than the other that particular year...I have already given examples of how the Lakers came out of the west with losing regular season records...strength of conference can't be compared as easily as head to head results...

Boston has more titles.....

Boston has dominated the Lakers historically

Boston has the much better winning percentage in the finals

consider....if LA wins next year (and doesn't end up beating Boston) they will have as many titles.....and it will have taken them 11 more trips to the finals...

when the Celtics get to the finals they are 17-4 (.809)...they dominate...when the Lakers get there they are 16-15 (.516)....in fact, the Los Angeles team is actually 11-14 (.440).....do you really believe that anyone outside of LA thinks that the Lakers are the better franchise? ....if so, then you are deluding yourself....spin the number of appearances any way you like...nothing changes the facts I just stated...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

That's two posts he'll answer now- wonder how many people his "logic" will convince this time - good luck to both of you!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

I think the saying goes "What have you done for me lately?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Posted by lakersavenger

If that's the case then falling face first on the ground was done lately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakeravenger??

What have you done for me lately...

so since your like 5 years old...the years 4 and 5 matter..but 1 2 and 3 dont....

If you didnt have your birth and year 2 and 3 how would you be 4 or 5 or how ever you are....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

So quiet around here without those annoying Laker trolls. It's like this board got hit by a tsunami. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well, it does look like two kids in particular are no longer in the building.....but I am suspicious of some "alter egos" lurking around....isn't it strange that when one troll disappears another who hasn't been heard from in a while suddenly reappears.....? kids being kids I guess...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Posted by lakersavenger

When your recent history has been so bleak, the only place to live is long ago in the past.  I don't know if Notre Dame fans have a blog, but if they do, I expect it's full of the same old arguments you see here about tradition and successes in a time that fewer and fewer people actually remember.  Never mind the last 25 years...that's just a speed bump I guess.  I wonder if you all have cell phones and color TVs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : When your recent history has been so bleak, the only place to live is long ago in the past.  I don't know if Notre Dame fans have a blog, but if they do, I expect it's full of the same old arguments you see here about tradition and successes in a time that fewer and fewer people actually remember.  Never mind the last 25 years...that's just a speed bump I guess.  I wonder if you all have cell phones and color TVs.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

You will be in the same boat 3 years from now when koME retires and you're stuck with the contracts of Gasol and Bynum with no one to get them the ball!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Give the Lakers credit, being the 1st loser 15 times is not an easy thing to do. In fact, it's an NBA record! Like they say, thanks for playing. lol
    Posted by 21st

All this post really does is define the ceiling and floor of both franchises.  At their best, both teams have won championships.  A failure for the Lakers is still getting to the NBA finals, but losing.  Failure for the Celtics is....disappearing into irrelevance for 22 years.  In times of failure, I'll take relevant and interesting over irrelevant and anonymity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : All this post really does is define the ceiling and floor of both franchises.  At their best, both teams have won championships.  A failure for the Lakers is still getting to the NBA finals, but losing.  Failure for the Celtics is....disappearing into irrelevance for 22 years.  In times of failure, I'll take relevant and interesting over irrelevant and anonymity.

All this post does is.........nothing.
    The Red Sox didn't win a title for 86 years.  Yet TO US, they were always interesting and relevant.  I personally think the Dodgers are irrelevant.  However, try saying that to someone out here who follows them......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey, I cherish the past and all the great memories of championship basketball....I hated the deaths of Bias and Lewis along with the injuries to the original big three.....but we righted the ship....the last four years have been a blast!!

I am fortunate enough that I got to witness the glory decades of the '60's through the late '80's......I was a strong enough fan to endure the hard times, including the few years before Bird and the years afterwards....but hey, we are 1-1 vs the Lakers over the last 4 years....two trips to the finals and contenders each year....despite age and injuries....yep...good times to be sure...

oh, and I do have a cell phone and a nice big HD flat screen.......thanks for caring!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

No cell phone or color TV. Just the warm glow of outstanding achievement from the Boston C's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : All this post really does is define the ceiling and floor of both franchises.  At their best, both teams have won championships.  A failure for the Lakers is still getting to the NBA finals, but losing.  Failure for the Celtics is....disappearing into irrelevance for 22 years.  In times of failure, I'll take relevant and interesting over irrelevant and anonymity.

Celtics relevant in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80, and 2000s.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Times of failure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

More FAILURES to come.

Sections
Shortcuts