8 Straight Finals Losses an NBA Record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Laker 8-peat

In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat:
    [QUOTE]Good one, BP - but I think the all-time biggest collapse is still the Yankees being up 3-0 and ahead in the 8th inning in 2004, only to lose 4 in a row! Followed closely by the 76'ers being up 3-1 on Larry's team, only to lose 3 in a row- that was playoffs, much bigger The Sox, while it was a big choke, had no leadership, no pitching, Youkilis hurt, and Francona thinking of leaving - collapses are much bigger in the playoffs, wouldn't you agree?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Naw, it's pretty much everyone's opinion, including almost all sportswriters that the Red Sox collapse is the worst in all of sports history. To be up by 9 1/2 games with just 3 weeks left and blow it will haunt Boston for decades to come.
    But then again, you all deserve this very humbling experience, now we won't have to put up with the Archie Bunker arrogance anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wow.....a Laker poster accuses me of using ignore and then posting retorts to said (jerk) posters.....anyone ever hear of "cut & paste"......?  ....when I read a post by someone I appreciate, I always see the comments pasted.....guys...(kids).....I can read....your (juvenile) posts are right in front of me....but be sure....you are on ignore...your kiddy BS is not worth reading.....I am accused of spinning the truth....?  ....now that is rich.....keep on posting.....it just goes into the spam filter....I love the discussions with knowledgeable folks like Worthy and jofc....and many others (Elias...where are you my friend...?)  ....the kids...?  ...not so much....by the way....I'm not that old!!!  ...at least...I don't feel that old....I guess I was naive when I was in my teens....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...looking back at several posts that highlight Celtic supremacy......why don't the Laker fans respond.....?  ....they just post insults.....what is this...? ...day care....?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care where the Lakers or the Celtics will be 20 years from now. I live for NOW. No one can predict the future. The 2000s was a great era for the Lakers. No other team won more titles. While Celtic fans keep basking in the 60s, most b-ball fans are well aware of what happened in this era.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

If you live for NOW then this is your NOW.

Kobe and the Lakers face first on the ground in 2011 or simply put, "It's a sweep!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care where the Lakers or the Celtics will be 20 years from now. I live for NOW. No one can predict the future. The 2000s was a great era for the Lakers. No other team won more titles. While Celtic fans keep basking in the 60s, most b-ball fans are well aware of what happened in this era.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

The 2000s was 10 years ago. Who cares what happened 10 years ago, right?

It's about NOW! AND ONLY NOW!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : The 2000s was 10 years ago. Who cares what happened 10 years ago, right? It's about NOW! AND ONLY NOW!  
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Wonder how those Italian fans will react to his facial expressions!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : Wonder how those Italian fans will react to his facial expressions!!
    Good morning. How about them red sox?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : The 2000s was 10 years ago. Who cares what happened 10 years ago, right? It's about NOW! AND ONLY NOW!  
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

The face that launched a million Euro!!!   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : The face that launched a million Euro!!!   LOL
    Hey pal, how have you been? How about them Red Sox?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : The face that launched a million Euro!!!   LOL
    How about them Red Sox, pal?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

guys,

laker avenger thinks the lakers have won 789,728,878,653,767,232.12 titles.

He probably thinks pigs fly too....

BOSTON AND THE NBA follow the RULES.........AND HISTORY....

WHILE LAKER FANS..MAKE STUFF up.....HEY they have to think of something better than there life on the fields....ahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah
    WE OWN YOU!!!! BOSTON OWNS LA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

The 2000s was 10 years ago? The Lakers won a title two seasons ago. That isn't ancient history. Anything to try and ridicule the Lakers organization. 1 title in 2 decades or is it 3 decades for Boston and they feel they have "bragging rights" to the Lakers 5 titles in this past 2000s era.

Lets continue to trash the accomplishments of L.A. This is what happens when the owners shut down the NBA, Boston then turns its attention on the totally irrelevant--whether the Lakers deserved those championships.

How's Shaq doing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Lakerfan67,

THE NBA says who and what wins a title not you....

Come on these fourms and say you dont believe in boston titles...

GUESS WHAT...YOUR WRONG...BECAUSE the BOSTON TITLES matter and boston HAS MORE....

ANY questions take it to the league...

THE LEAGUE THE NBA is where you should go..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Boston has more NBA titles than L.A.? Who cares!

People in L.A. don't wake up in the morning & think about the Celtics. They think about work, their economic future, the things their family needs. 

The NBA is just entertainment. So I'm going to preoccupy myself with millionaires who shoot a ball through a basket? I enjoy the sport, enjoy the competition, but in life's scheme of things, it's almost at the bottom of th heep.

A good marriage, a happy & secure family, a bright future--those are nice things to appreciate. Millionaire's dribbling a round ball and throwing it through a basket is a temporary escape.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS THREAD

This thread outlived its admittedly tenuous usefulnes weeks ago.

Please!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakerfan67,

YOUR A HYPOCRITE...

one one post you said old titles dont matter..

Then on this post you said laker fans dont think about boston...

you must be 12 and are trying to be the bully

newsflash.....YOU FAILED.......

Sports are the toys of life....so........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Lakerfan67, THE NBA says who and what wins a title not you.... Come on these fourms and say you dont believe in boston titles... GUESS WHAT...YOUR WRONG...BECAUSE the BOSTON TITLES matter and boston HAS MORE.... ANY questions take it to the league... THE LEAGUE THE NBA is where you should go..
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

But you said the Steelers ruled the NFL, despite only winning 6 NFL championships, how come?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : Making the playoffs gives the Lakers an additional Larry O'Brien trophy?
    [/QUOTE]
    Nope, but 16 LO Trophies (as in 16-47) compared to 17 LO Trophies (as in 17-48) is, as Duke said, as close as you can get.

Yet 15 additional finals appearances vs 16 missed playoffs is a big difference, no matter how you cut it.

Well, you can always try the stunt that missing the playoffs is as good as losing in the finals. Try it. I'll smash it into pieces.

[QUOTE] Do you honestly believe that losing in the 1st round of the playoffs is better than being in a position to get a good player in the lottery?
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]
    Do you honestly believe that a team's goal for the season is to miss the playoffs and get lottery picks? Is that the Celtics mindset in the 90s?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : That's where you are wrong! The Celtics had to play the Pistons, Sixers, Hawks, Knicks, and Bulls in the 80s. If you didn't know those teams had Isiah Thomas and the Bad Boys, Dominique, Bernard King then Patrick Ewing, and MJ and Pippen. Who were the Lakers up against in the west in the 80s? The Sonics and Xavier McDaniel? A Mavs team led by Rolando Blackman? Only the Rockets were considered a championship caliber team in the west back then. Are you still having a hard time accepting the fact that the Celtics still have the edge over the Lakers in the finals and regular season? Poor you. lol
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]
    Yes, the Celtics had to play the Hawks, Knicks and Bulls in the 80s. The Lakers had to play the Mavs, Rockets, Jazz, so?

Championship caliber teams? seems like the Lakers could still beat them too: 76ers, Pistons.

Are you still having a hard time accepting the fact that beating the Celtics were no big deal? Duke said it, "to be the best you have to beat the best", yes or no?

If the best were the 76ers, Pistons, Nets, Pacers, Magic, etc., then the Lakers beating these teams for the titles were BETTER than beating the Celtics for the titles. True or false?

I know you dare not answer.

In other words, 3-9 vs the Celtics with 16 titles is TOUGHER to achieve than 16-9 vs the Celtics with 16 titles, becasue the Celtics were no good in 13 of the years the Lakers won the titles. They were wise to wimp out before the finals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : You'll have to forgive some people for lack of comprehension.....see, Bynum got hurt, THEN the lakers traded to get Pau Gasol to play CENTER for the remainder of the 2008 season and playoffs.......that is a fact that has been proven on numerous occassions.  What was going to happen in 2009 has never been speculated on by me.....just the FACT that the trade didn't happen until Bynum got hurt...........they didn't need another CENTER, they had two!!  All reasonable people get this!!

Now Red, you are smarting again. Try to wimp out on your proof from ESPN? Now you have to resort to Gasol playing center as your proof. So Gasol played center again when Bynum was not yet fit at the beginning of the 2010-11 season. In other words, Gasol is capable of playing both positions. If Bynum is there, he'll play PF; if Bynum is not there, he'll play center.

All reason people knows that Gasol would have played PF had Bynum not hurt. He's been doing that in 2009, 2010 and larger part of 2011. Apparently your new reasoning is not getting you anywhere...

Still no proof that "if Bynum not hurt, wouldn't have traded for Gasol". Being 6th seed at the time Bynum got injured was a solid reason to trade for Gasol no matter what...

Looks like your proof is not

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]so, the golden age of baseball started with free agency...?  OK by me......the golden (modern) age of basketball started with the shot clock....also OK by me!!  .....Russ, I think you're on to something here...... I love this argument....."my team is better than yours"....."because.....well, um....my team can't beat yours very often....but we beat the other teams more often".....how funny (and ridiculous) is that thinking...?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Not funny at all. Your own words "to be the best you have to beat the best".

When your team is not the best (can't even represent the east in the finals), what's the point of beating your team?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]guys, laker avenger thinks the lakers have won 789,728,878,653,767,232.12 titles. He probably thinks pigs fly too.... BOSTON AND THE NBA follow the RULES.........AND HISTORY.... WHILE LAKER FANS..MAKE STUFF up.....HEY they have to think of something better than there life on the fields....ahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah WE OWN YOU!!!! BOSTON OWNS LA

It's not that simple. Some people make up the rules along the way.

Your rule: Steelers ruled the NFL, despite with only 6 NFL titles, 7 fewer than the Packers.

So, what rules do the Celtics follow?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majjic mvp, lakers avenger THIS IS THE NBA you follow.... you dont make the golden era is better than those claims... THE LEAGUE MAKES THE RULES.. THE CELTICS ARE 17X champs... THE LAKERS dont have that many....

The Steelers ruled the NFL, according to you, despite with only 6 NFL titles.

The Packers had 13.

So "don't have that many" doesn't mean jack, ACCORDING TO YOU.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Laker 8-peat : Yes, of course you are correct.  Ah, how many titles does he have again??

as many as Pierce, KG and Allen combined in the first 8 years of their careers, 24 years total.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Lakers lost to the Pistons, Celts, and Sixers in the Finals back in the 80s. And when Magic Johnson was without Kareem, MJ and the Bulls went 3-0 in LA for MJ's first title. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Seems like you are bashing the Celtics.

When the Celtics were without Bird, they went 0-3 against the Pistons in the first round. What do you call it?

Sections
Shortcuts