82games.com - Who should start for the Cs?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: 82games.com - Who should start for the Cs?

Honestly, I can think of nothing in basketball that is more overrated than who starts.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I don't think we have ever seen Terry, Lee, Pierce, Wilcox, and Garnett on the floor together, but this would be more of a traditional lineup.

I would love to see it.

I am not opposed to seeing what what Wilcox can do, but Green should be starting over Bass and this is a fact.  Green and Pierce can find a way to play together.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I can't see Wilcox starting.  Even if I think he should.  That would just weaken the bench.  Bass can't play Center, and KG needs rest.  I think Doc sees Wilcox as only a backup player - to KG.  I have no problem with mixing up the starting lineup, and I would like to see Green start.  But we are a very small and weak rebounding team then.  Not that Bass is better..........therein lies the problem.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Basically, play a little more Wilcox and less Bass, and a little more Terry and less Bradley.  Could DJ White be a lot worse than Bass especially for rebounding?  I also like to see a little more of what Terrence Williams can do at the point since we really don't have anyone that looks like a PG right now.  I don't know better than Doc but just wondering if we could experiment a little more with different mix of players.  Ain't gonna happen, I doubt that anything will change at this point.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Doc starts who he think should start. Who ever is playing well against a specific opponent gets more minutes.

For example: against Miami Green played huge minutes. Against the Hornet's Green stopped playing defense, and tried to go "showtime". As a result, he played less. Bass played better defense, not great, but better.

The psychology of who starts has to be taken into account as well. Doc obviously feels that it is best for the Celtics to continue the way they are so far. Minutes will take care of themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Stats indicate that the team is -10 with Bass on the floor and +.07 with Wilcox on the floor.

So why is Bass starting???

Definitely agree that Wilcox should be playing more minutes.  Bass has been terrible for most of the season and Wilcox and Green should both be playing more minutes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Honestly, I can think of nothing in basketball that is more overrated than who starts.

I totally agree......The heck with who should start... it's more like the team is  overrated... Dam ! are they bad..... What don't i see that other people do...... horable !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts