83-81 NBA Game has become Disgusting,Ugly,Unwatchable!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

83-81 NBA Game has become Disgusting,Ugly,Unwatchable!!

83-81 and this was between two of the best NBA teams ?  give me a break.The NBA has become unwatchable.  This is the norm in NBA basketball. Both teams deserved to lose,both teams shot as well as my 5th grade girls team. What has happened to the NBA?? Players are so unskilled it hurts to watch them play. Players are all jacked up on steroids and HGH they are muscle bound hacks. Find me a John Havilchek or Jo Jo White in todays NBA,forget it they don't exsist. 

The game has become a slow down one on one slug fest. Star ball rules the NBA, milk the clock and then give the ball to your star and watch him go one on one.

Give me the old fast break Lakers or Celtics anyday, I can't stand watching this crap. Did anyone notice the Indiana arena was half full, and half were C's fans. Indiana basketball fans would rather watch college ball anyday.

The NBA is nothing but bling, bright lights, showbiz and the game itself suffers. Watching the new NBA is like watching World Wrestling or Roller Derby.

I am done watching and most real basketball fans feal the same way.

Maybe Boston can beat the Hawks 78-74 next game how exciting !!!!

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: 83-81 NBA Game has become Disgusting,Ugly,Unwatchable!!

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

83-81 and this was between two of the best NBA teams ?  give me a break.The NBA has become unwatchable.  This is the norm in NBA basketball. Both teams deserved to lose,both teams shot as well as my 5th grade girls team. What has happened to the NBA?? Players are so unskilled it hurts to watch them play. Players are all jacked up on steroids and HGH they are muscle bound hacks. Find me a John Havilchek or Jo Jo White in todays NBA,forget it they don't exsist. 

The game has become a slow down one on one slug fest. Star ball rules the NBA, milk the clock and then give the ball to your star and watch him go one on one.

Give me the old fast break Lakers or Celtics anyday, I can't stand watching this crap. Did anyone notice the Indiana arena was half full, and half were C's fans. Indiana basketball fans would rather watch college ball anyday.

The NBA is nothing but bling, bright lights, showbiz and the game itself suffers. Watching the new NBA is like watching World Wrestling or Roller Derby.

Take care Run

I am glad that you watched the game.  The Celts need all the support that they can get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

2 teams that WILL head into the playoffs is usually a good game..and better than watching two teams that wont make the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Then don't watch you ignorant old racist... as they say 'if its too loud, you're too old'

The game, like life, has passed you by. You belong in the segregated 1950's south...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Then don't watch you ignorant old racist... as they say 'if its too loud, you're too old'

The game, like life, has passed you by. You belong in the segregated 1950's south...

runrun is a troll.  Include that in your characterization as well.  I must admit, a remarkably consistent troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

did you ever think that maybe these are two teams that play, uhm, idk....DEFENSE?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The defense was phenomenal on both sides. I didn't find the game remotely boring. Admittedly, it requires greater sophistication than certain posters may possess in order to appreciate defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I am done watching and most real basketball fans feal the same way."

That's great Run. I assume that means you are done posting here as well? If so congrats to you and great news for the rest of us. 

It's sad you would post this after one of the best Celts wins of the season and I would urge everyone else in this forum to realize that this is a clear indication Run is not here as a genuine fan of the team but here to stir up whatever for god knows what reason. 

Run just so you're clear, you do realize that the NBA offensive game has improved since Michael Jordan's heyday before the defensive hand-checking rules were changed right?  It was during the Jordan and Pat Riley Knicks era this defensive style came into play. 

I assume you boycotted the game then also? 

Here's a history lesson for you since you dont have a grip: "Since 1990, the NBA has instituted a series of rules changes to increase the offensive player's flow and make physical play costly. First came increased penalties for flagrant fouls (1990) and fighting (1993), the implementation of the "five points" rule that called for automatic suspensions of players who amassed a certain number of flagrants (1993). Hand checking was eliminated in 1994. Using the forearm to defend players facing the basket went away in 1997."

"The rules changes did what they were supposed to do -- open up the game. Scoring average has increased from an average 95.6 points per game in the 1997-98 season to this year's 100 per game" 

(this was from 2009 - here's the full article for you: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/22/aldridge.defenses/) 

So the gist of it is: your opinions are factually incorrect, ignorant, and completely wrong. 

I won't even get into why great defense is all about the kind of hustle EVERY TRUE FAN WANTS FROM THEIR TEAM...

That said, don't let that stop you from not watching the games you hate so much. We celebrate your realization that watching the NBA is not a good fit for your lifestyle. See ya!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Take care Run

Agree with most of your post.  The days of the Celtic fast break, the Knicks open man, the Lakers show time...well just dont see too much of that ...other than game winning shots, most every highlight on ESPN is a dunk.  We still do get some decent pick n rolls in the game but now they usually end up as an ally-oop slam.

Many of these low scoring games are more a result of incompetence and poor offense as much as its defense. NBA chucks up so many 3 pointers that if your shot is off just slightly, forget about a friendly rim or touch, not from that far out. 

I agree, turns boring... heck remember the Celtics game 7 loss vs Lakers? ever see such incompetence on offense in the 4th by the C's? Give me the Cowens/Hondo et al fast break game anyday, Stockton/Malone PnR etc...Game has evolved but not for the better imo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Best game of the year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

LOL....is this guy a Lakers fan or something?

I mean I know they are really railing as their team flouders this year, after being the pre-season team to beat the heat.

anyhow........I actually prefer the NBA games where we had teams like Detriot with LAIMbeer and Mahorn beating the hell out of people.....but I just like physical play (makes me think they are earning their millions I guess).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

did you ever think that maybe these are two teams that play, uhm, idk....DEFENSE?

Defense  was not played last night. Slow down one on one star ball was played.Neither team ran one fast break,both teams shot terrible. Both teams stink at basic fundamental basketball.

The NBA is dead ,thank Danny I like thug ball Ainge.

Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

This game was all pain and no skill.  The NBA game is so slow now and boring to watch. Every trip down the court a whistle blows as guys go one on one .

83-81    83-81    83-81  ugly ball

Run

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

The defense was phenomenal on both sides. I didn't find the game remotely boring. Admittedly, it requires greater sophistication than certain posters may possess in order to appreciate defense.

Missing wide open jump shots is not defense!!!  How many fast breaks did you see 0000000000   all half court one on one isolation junk ball. West was 3-20

Run

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I am done watching and most real basketball fans feal the same way."

That's great Run. I assume that means you are done posting here as well? If so congrats to you and great news for the rest of us. 

It's sad you would post this after one of the best Celts wins of the season and I would urge everyone else in this forum to realize that this is a clear indication Run is not here as a genuine fan of the team but here to stir up whatever for god knows what reason. 

Run just so you're clear, you do realize that the NBA offensive game has improved since Michael Jordan's heyday before the defensive hand-checking rules were changed right?  It was during the Jordan and Pat Riley Knicks era this defensive style came into play. 

I assume you boycotted the game then also? 

Here's a history lesson for you since you dont have a grip: "Since 1990, the NBA has instituted a series of rules changes to increase the offensive player's flow and make physical play costly. First came increased penalties for flagrant fouls (1990) and fighting (1993), the implementation of the "five points" rule that called for automatic suspensions of players who amassed a certain number of flagrants (1993). Hand checking was eliminated in 1994. Using the forearm to defend players facing the basket went away in 1997."

"The rules changes did what they were supposed to do -- open up the game. Scoring average has increased from an average 95.6 points per game in the 1997-98 season to this year's 100 per game" 

(this was from 2009 - here's the full article for you: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/22/aldridge.defenses/) 

So the gist of it is: your opinions are factually incorrect, ignorant, and completely wrong. 

I won't even get into why great defense is all about the kind of hustle EVERY TRUE FAN WANTS FROM THEIR TEAM...

That said, don't let that stop you from not watching the games you hate so much. We celebrate your realization that watching the NBA is not a good fit for your lifestyle. See ya!

Your picking dates from a bad period of NBA ball the 1990's saw the KNICKS Pistons and most teams slow the game down and almost killed the sport.

Do you remember the 1970-80's  120 point games,fast break ball,

Do you like watching games in the 70 and 80 point range ??

The NBA is dead for most pure basketball fans.Go put on your pink C's hat

Run

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Take care Run

Let pause and remember the only player suspended for PED's was a Euro Turkaglu. It seems that the European need to watched closely what they are putting in their bodies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Take care Run

If its so unwatchable and you hate this team and the league,  why in the world do you watch it?  I don't watch programs on TV that I don't like,  but thats just me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wow.  Run must have some talent on that 5th grade girls' team.  It's a good thing they're better than their coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Take care Run

If its so unwatchable and you hate this team and the league,  why in the world do you watch it?  I don't watch programs on TV that I don't like,  but thats just me.

Watching the NBA is like watching a car accident,everyone rubber necks but nobody admits wanting to see one.

I love basketball and hate seeing what has become of the game.

The league needs to change or die.

Run

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

A little off topic here, but I wouldn't call today's game "unwatchable."  I love watching the games.  For me, though, they have become unlistenable, if that's even a word.  I use to brag to folks (before the C's moved to their new digs) that the Garden was the only place in the NBA where there was no organ or recorded hype up the atmosphere noise during play.  I want to hear the sound of squeaking high tops and players shouting, not synthesizers.  I also cannot tolerate color analysts talking ad nauseum about the last play through the live action (see, e.g., Hubie Brown et al) or talking about something that has nothing to do with what's going on on the court (see, e.g., just about everyone).  I have taken to watching a lot of games with the sound off.  And I bring ear plugs to all games - pro, college or high school - to muffle the amped up timeouts music which is usually ear shattering.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Take care Run

Watching the NBA is like watching a car accident,everyone rubber necks but nobody admits wanting to see one.

Run

The league is more popular than ever

multiple MULTIPLE fastbeaks were run in last nights game (you blind?)

again, if you hate it don't watch, the NBA will not change to the mostly white better fundamental, less glitz and star NBA of the 50's and 60's

So an old fool like you will die long before the modern games changes and the league will NEVEr die

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Take care Run

Hey Run-your-mouth, you are soooooooo transparent. C's are rollin' and your just trollllin! Run-away now....like you always do!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Take care Run

Run

The league is more popular than ever

multiple MULTIPLE fastbeaks were run in last nights game (you blind?)

again, if you hate it don't watch, the NBA will not change to the mostly white better fundamental, less glitz and star NBA of the 50's and 60's

So an old fool like you will die long before the modern games changes and the league will NEVEr die

Multiple fastbreaks no way no how,final score 83-81 all half court slow poke hoop.Modern players lack skills and you know it. West 3-11  Green 4-15  Pierce 5-16

How did you like the Hawk game low 70s scoring??

Run

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

Take care Run

You're just mad because you're 1-2 in your predictions for the final leg of the season.

Your partly right, Indiana did blow this game.

Run

Sections
Shortcuts