86 Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

86 Team

It's amazing that the C's can only get to 86pts.   I've written bout this b4 on this forum.   C's had about 70 points towards end of 3rdQ in gm 4 and I said to myself first team to 90 wins.   C's got to 77pts.   Thats when DW's layup fell off the rim and no chance of 3pt-play.   He only made one of the fts.   No more scoring after that as the Heat went on to lead 81-78.   Just amazing bout that 86pt barrier
       So, all the experts keep talking bout how the Lakers are old.   Same thing will be said about the C's after this yr and esp if they don't win it all.   But, we knew this as soon as the Bost3 came together.   DA/Papile shoulda been planning for this time as soon as the team got together 4yrs ago.   Now 4yrs later:   no post scorer.   no shot blocker.   no off the bench shooter.   no shutdown defender.   Haven't had a college player to contribute since the Hoover administration (lol.   just sounded good.   I don't mean only a rookie, but one to have been groomed over past 4yrs).   What is DA/Papille doing, spending all their time on the Maine NBADL (oops, I forgot that they were in last place)?
       They are horrible GMs.   All they had to do was build a bench of non all-stars and couldn't even do that.   You say VW can shoot?   It doesn't count if you can't get off the bench (I can shoot).   Shaq can post up?   He's the oldest player in the league!!   JG can shoot?   Who did you feel more comfortable when in the game, JG or Posey when he was on the team?   This is why I said that this team was built on McHale luck and not on skill of an astute GM.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: 86 Team

One more point.   In the first half, the C's were rolling.   PP taking to the hoop as well as RR.   Things were clicking.   In begining it seemed they wanted RA to get off.   Which is ok to try but don't dwell on it.   You know what that offense is.   RR at top of key and waiting for RA to come around off multiple picks.   The whole offense bogged down and they never seemed to just give it to PP and let him get off again.   Doc tried to force the issue, but RA and KG were off all game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Three of the Celtics stars had an off night on offense. That is unlikely to happen again.

Posey? The last time I saw him, he was in a suit sitting on the Pacers bench.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: 86 Team:
    [QUOTE]THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAAAAAAAAANNYYYYYYY...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]
    THAAAAAAAAAAANK  YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU    MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

P34,

averages are nice, and yes, KG had a terrible offensive night, however, Ray and Rondo also had off nights when it counted most. The missed uncontested lay-up by Rondo, and critical shots missed in the fourth by Ray, all contribute to a substandard offensive night. Pierce is the only one of the starting five that earned his pay check on offense on Monday.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts