8th career playoff triple double

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

8th career playoff triple double

Rondo is really an incredible talent....hard to figure out at times but he, along with CPP and KG are what makes this team go........Rondo not only had a game high 12 rebounds....he also led with a game high of 7 offensive boards.....think about that for a minute......this kid is really special....and he keeps on improving....take away the 0-3 in three point attempts (definitely not his game) and he shoots 50% from the field...he still needs to work on the shot (especially from the line)....some folks say that he is a liability at the end of close games and therefore, hurts our chances of winning....yet he is just great during the majority of the games....I can think of two others who fit this description.....they were named Wilt and Shaq.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: 8th career playoff triple double

Running away from a desperation foul was pretty handy at the end. His smart play down the stretch (timely foul and the above) mattered just as much as what he did earlier in the game but won't show up in the box.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just read that all other players in the association have SEVEN triple doubles last 4 postseasons and Rondo has EIGHT... and that ties Oscar Robinson's CAREER playoff triple double #'s

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

When he plays that way, we are very good.............I would LOVE to go to Philly up 2-0.........that would be nice.

Here's hoping Indy gives MIA a run for their money.........

One more run, baby, then rebuild..........anyone else heard the rumor KG MAY retire at the end of the year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo sucks guys. he sucks bc he cant have a triple double every single game..its inconsistency.

i dont care if he had a triple double..he didnt score 25+ so its not a good game to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double:
    [QUOTE]Rondo sucks guys. he sucks bc he cant have a triple double every single game..its inconsistency. i dont care if he had a triple double..he didnt score 25+ so its not a good game to me.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

That expectation is unrealistic.  No player in the world can do a triple d every game, except maybe Magic, but Rondo is still young and has lots of years to improve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

maybe he was just having a little fun.....?  for a guy of Rondo's size, it's simply amazing that he collects them so often....people forget that the "Big O" was listed at 6-5, 205 lbs coming out of college.....he was very muscular and probably played closer to 220 in his prime....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

He is outstanding with his ball handling and passing skills but his rebounding is no fluke.  He is an outstanding rebounder as a point guard.  Its amazing really the way he gets to the ball.  Outquicking most players to the ball.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double : That expectation is unrealistic.  No player in the world can do a triple d every game, except maybe Magic, but Rondo is still young and has lots of years to improve.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

he has no years to improve, he has been in the league 6 years, so that automatically means he has hit his ceiling. never mind the fact that he is only 26 years old, he will never improve. his jump shooting is still HORRIBLE, he has to be the worst shooter in the league bc i never see him be selfish and just score 40+ a game. i hope he is traded in the offseason for a guy that wont look for his teammates, a guy that just wants to flat out score. thats what Boston needs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Larry Bird made major improvements in his game between age 25-27 when he was partying with Rick Robey, getting in bar fights, not winning the MVP in his 1 finals (Max) and clashing with his coach (Fitch).

Then he won 3 MVP's age 28-30

Give up this trash Jamez... you are starting to sound like Pud and dud, LOSERS (and dud a knicks fan racist) I have on ignore, so I hope you don't join them.

Rondo's been hitting that jumper much more this season, you can still see him improve it and his game in general, players always improve... do you think Pierce in '03, despite bing more of a force to go for 35, at age 25, was different then when he won the title at 30?

He became a better passer, defender, leader and team player

Rondo has to become a better shooter and reign in his temper a bit... thats about it

The examples are endless of players who improve their games greatly between 24-27 to the ball they play at 29-32.

Rondo is already a lot better than he was at age 22-24 when we were in 2 championship series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]When he plays that way, we are very good.............I would LOVE to go to Philly up 2-0.........that would be nice. Here's hoping Indy gives MIA a run for their money......... One more run, baby, then rebuild..........anyone else heard the rumor KG MAY retire at the end of the year?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    The way he's playing right now got me thinking that this may be his last hurrah. All or nothing type of thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The triple doubles leave me cold but R9R's made jumpers with the game on the line... now that gets my attention.

Maybe  because I only watch the 4th quarter much of the time when the game's getting down to serious business and every possession is important.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double : he has no years to improve, he has been in the league 6 years, so that automatically means he has hit his ceiling. never mind the fact that he is only 26 years old, he will never improve. his jump shooting is still HORRIBLE, he has to be the worst shooter in the league bc i never see him be selfish and just score 40+ a game. i hope he is traded in the offseason for a guy that wont look for his teammates, a guy that just wants to flat out score. thats what Boston needs.
    Jamez!! With the new avatar, you actually had me going for a second. I was thinking, "Who the hell is this idiot??"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double : Jamez!! With the new avatar, you actually had me going for a second. I was thinking, "Who the hell is this idiot??"
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

haha..looks like some people actually took me serious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to 8th career playoff triple double:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is really an incredible talent....hard to figure out at times but he, along with CPP and KG are what makes this team go........Rondo not only had a game high 12 rebounds....he also led with a game high of 7 offensive boards.....think about that for a minute......this kid is really special....and he keeps on improving....take away the 0-3 in three point attempts (definitely not his game) and he shoots 50% from the field...he still needs to work on the shot (especially from the line)....some folks say that he is a liability at the end of close games and therefore, hurts our chances of winning....yet he is just great during the majority of the games....I can think of two others who fit this description.....they were named Wilt and Shaq.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Tied the Big O for 5th place in playoff triple-doubles.  Next up if I remember the correct order is Wilt with 9, JKidd and Larry Bird with 11 and finally Magic with 30.  May not catch Magic, but the others are easily within his reach.

As Always,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]The triple doubles leave me cold but R9R's made jumpers with the game on the line... now that gets my attention. Maybe  because I only watch the 4th quarter much of the time when the game's getting down to serious business and every possession is important. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Is this the real story about all the Rondo haters??? ...  They don't watch the games????!!!??     I remmber being amazed that TheDudder admitted that he very rarely watched the games... he just read the stat sheets...   lol     Now Pud admits ... he only watches the last quarter!!!      By the way Pud...  points scored in the first quarter count just as much as the ones scored in Q4.  
    Do you NOT realize that admitting that YOU DON"T WATCH THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE GAMES destroys whatever shread of credibility your fringe b-ball assertions have not already vacated.....      I am actually MORE suprised that you and Dud freely ADMIT that your don't watch the games.   The fact that you don't watch at least three quarters of the games -  well, that kind of makes sense, and it goes a long way in explaining how your view could stray so far from reality.        I would bet money on the notion that the people who think highly of RR   actually watch games from start to finish,  and flat out enjoy watching Robdo led, Celtics team basketball.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double : haha..looks like some people actually took me serious.

You pud&dud parody is indeed funny, but totally misleading. NO ONE not even pud&dud expect Rondo to have a triple double every night. Actually a triple double is not always a sign for a great game. He had already one tripple double game this postseason were he played poor. And I critized his first 3 quarters in last game. Look at the opinion of a hater called Tony Massarotti: "In the first half on Saturday night - and really for the first three quarters - Rondo played poorly. He was careless with the basketball. For all the flapping TNT analysts did about Rondo's compiling yet another triple-double during his postseason career, they made little mention of his whopping seven turnovers, more than half of the Celtics' total (13) for the game."

He was money in the end, and he showed that he is ready taking the shot when he is open even in crunch time. The consistency a lot of people expect is: Doing this every night. Not hitting them all, but to be ready. 

If he is ready to take this shots every game, and making them with a fair %, then the opponents start to take him serious and the critics will disapear. Was this game a good sign? Yes! But it is just a game and far away from a trend. The truth: Rondo is having a poor shooting year. Didn`t not shoot particular well before his 4th quarter outburts (Tony again): "Prior to the fourth quarter of Saturday's game, Rondo had taken six shots from 15 feet or more, three of them beyond the 3-point line. He was 0 for 6."

One last word: Is he a bad player without a 4th quarter like last game? No! He is a very good player already. Just because of his athletic ability, ball handling and his BB IQ. But without being ready for an open shot, he is not great. Not the leader of the current nor the future Cs. You may tell, that there are many "not great" players in this team or in the league, so why do people critizise Rondo?
    1. Because he has the tools to be great!
    2. Because you guys call him the greatest PG in the league, and that is quite a measure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Larry Bird made major improvements in his game between age 25-27

Rondo's been hitting that jumper much more this season

Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

To be fair: Bird came in the league at what age? 22? 23? That is the reason why he was so dominant starting from his first year (just like Duncan compared to KG), but also makes him almost a greenhorn in the NBA at the age of 25.

Rondo did not have a great shooting year. Players normally still improve their overall game until they are 30 and the little things improve even later (with lower physical ability). But, shooting/FT % usually does not improve dramtically after the 2nd or 3rd year. Even the often named J. Kidd did not need as long as Rondo, and one player is a small sample size anyway. It might happen that Rondo improves his shooting, but it is statistically not likely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double : Is this the real story about all the Rondo haters??? ...  They don't watch the games????!!!??     I remmber being amazed that TheDudder admitted that he very rarely watched the games... he just read the stat sheets...   lol     Now Pud admits ... he only watches the last quarter!!!      By the way Pud...  points scored in the first quarter count just as much as the ones scored in Q4.   Do you NOT realize that admitting that YOU DON"T WATCH THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE GAMES destroys whatever shread of credibility your fringe b-ball assertions have not already vacated.....      I am actually MORE suprised that you and Dud freely ADMIT that your don't watch the games.   The fact that you don't watch at least three quarters of the games -  well, that kind of makes sense, and it goes a long way in explaining how your view could stray so far from reality.        I would bet money on the notion that the people who think highly of RR   actually watch games from start to finish,  and flat out enjoy watching Robdo led, Celtics team basketball.   
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

+1
    Concur.

As Always,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Majic - 30
    Kidd - 11
    Bird - 10
    Wilt - 9
    Oscar - 8
    Rondo - 8

Not bad company to be in...as Rondo goes, so do the Celtics...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8th career playoff triple double : To be fair: Bird came in the league at what age? 22? 23? That is the reason why he was so dominant starting from his first year (just like Duncan compared to KG), but also makes him almost a greenhorn in the NBA at the age of 25. Rondo did not have a great shooting year. Players normally still improve their overall game until they are 30 and the little things improve even later (with lower physical ability). But, shooting/FT % usually does not improve dramtically after the 2nd or 3rd year. Even the often named J. Kidd did not need as long as Rondo, and one player is a small sample size anyway. It might happen that Rondo improves his shooting, but it is statistically not likely.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

It is quite apparent that Rondo's outside shot has improved over previous years, as has his handle, passing and vision.  All of these factors do not readily show up in the box scores, but are very visible when we watch the games.  I'm not exactly sure of how long it took JKidd to improve his FT or FG shooting but am quite sure it didn't happen in his second, third, or even fourth year.  Another name that could be added to the sample size is Tony Parker, who once had a horrendous outside shot, but improved it steadily over time obviously with a lot of practice.  Rondo appears to be doing the same thing from my perspective.  If Rondo's free throw percentage never improves and several other aspects of his game continue to improve, then he will not only be "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" he'll be well on his way to "the best point guard in the Association, ever."  For a couple examples of great players who were horrible FT shooters, you can look to Wilt Chamberlain and Shaquille O'Neal, and Rondo hasn't even approached the twilight of his career.

As Always,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Majic - 30 Kidd - 11 Bird - 10 Wilt - 9 Oscar - 8 Rondo - 8 Not bad company to be in...as Rondo goes, so do the Celtics...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I think Bird had 11 playoff triple-doubles, but I may be wrong.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts