9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th

We were up by 9 with 7:15 to go and playing halfway decent and Doc doesn't want to hurt Rondo's feelings so he sticks him back in.  I am sitting here thinking why are you subbing Delonte?  Please don't stick Rondo back in.  Well the rest is history.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: 9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th

In Response to 9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th:
    [QUOTE]We were up by 9 with 7:15 to go and playing halfway decent and Doc doesn't want to hurt Rondo's feelings so he sticks him back in.  I am sitting here thinking why are you subbing Delonte?  Please don't stick Rondo back in.  Well the rest is history.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You also need to add Doc taking Jeff Green out, that was also a huge turning point . The guy had 4 offensive rebounds in the game, the most of any Celtic, why do you take him out for a long stretch Doc?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: 9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th:
    [QUOTE]I believe West was hurt.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Should have brought in Arroyo, at least he can shoot and keeps teams defensivly watching him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

b/c doc is stupid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to 9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th:
    [QUOTE]We were up by 9 with 7:15 to go and playing halfway decent and Doc doesn't want to hurt Rondo's feelings so he sticks him back in.  I am sitting here thinking why are you subbing Delonte?  Please don't stick Rondo back in.  Well the rest is history.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Its Rondo's team.

You can't have Rondo moping around with hurt feelings if you sit him for a BUPG whose playing with some determination.

He's got a ring, a two time allstar and is leading the league in dimes this year. He was on Team USA this past year.

btw... He's also leading the league in excuses for why he's playing so poorly of recent.Cry

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc sticks to his script almost religiously... must have trouble thinking on the go..

DW & JG both played good and were holding the lead... naturally, Doc couldnt let them keep going until at least the lead started to evaporate.. coulda been a nice break for the starters too..  but NO, that would go against Docs preplanned script and vision..  Not flexible, doesnt reward the guys getting the job done

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th : Its Rondo's team. You can't have Rondo moping around with hurt feelings if you sit him for a BUPG whose playing with some determination.   He's got a ring, a two time allstar and is leading the league in dimes this year. He was on Team USA this past year. btw... He's also leading the league in excuses for why he's playing so poorly of recent. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Nash already has 4 assists in the first quarter, more than likely he will be leading the league as of tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I hated it when Rondo made Paul Pierce miss those TWO clutch free throws. It was worse when he forced Ray Allen to clang that open 3. I'm going to watch the tape again to see how he made them all refuse to run.

Got it!

We all know HE called the "intense" practice session knowing it would hobble his team mates who are older than dirt and can't even play back-to-back games.

But maybe Delonte's at it again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Doc's always been "sub challenged" and not the best at developing an effective bench.
    It could be his fatal flaw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I hated it when Rondo made Paul Pierce miss those TWO clutch free throws. It was worse when he forced Ray Allen to clang that open 3. I'm going to watch the tape again to see how he made them all refuse to run. Got it! We all know HE called the "intense" practice session knowing it would hobble his team mates who are older than dirt and can't even play back-to-back games. But maybe Delonte's at it again.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

I hated it when KG made Rondo throw those dumb throws that equaled 5 assists and 5 turnovers

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9 pt Lead when Doc Subs Rondo for West in 4th : It's hard to develop an effective bench if you're only given 20 games to do it.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

easier than you think with a guy the physical gifts of jeff green, who seems to scream out "natural celtic"!  why aren't he and rondo off and running already?!!  answer: green is running and rondo is not.

and krstic vs. perkins- are you kidding me- the vets are sh1tting their pants in joy that there is a guy in the middle who can CATCH the ball and so something with it.

delonte was here for all of training camp, he's not a new guy.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE A HARD PROJECT to get this bench thing going with these pieces, not all of which are new.

this is where some actual coaching ability, for the first time of doc's stay in boston, is being called upon.  and we'll see if he has it.  so far the response to the call has been crickets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Bench Doc and let his assistant make the substitutions. Doc stinks at at it, though he's good at calling plays like when he played.