'98 Celtics went 36-46 in Pitino's first year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge and injuries thankfully kept the C's from being a 30 win team

Ainge and injuries thankfully kept the C's from being a 30 win team this year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: '98 Celtics went 36-46 in Pitino's first year

We are a different team with Crawford and Pressey at the point.

Stevens is better than Doc Rivers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take Stevens over the run 'em into the ground, screaming egomaniac Pitino as far as 'college genius' coaches

I'll take 2 months of Pressy and 4 months of Rondo over 4 months of Billups and 2 months of Kenny Anderson.

I'll take a 26 year old Jeff Green over a 22 year old Antoine Walker

Ditto to Avery and Lee over Mercer and Barros

Gerald Wallace over 1st year in the league Bruce Bowen

Faverani, Bass and Humphries over Travis Knight, Andrew DeClerq and Pervis Ellison

Olynyk and Sullinger over Waltah

Crawford over Dee Brown (traded halfway through the year0

On an on... look what garbage Rick got to 36 wins with.

[/QUOTE]

So true ! What a roster of garbage Pitino had that first year...

Still, they won 36 games (and the opener over the Chicago Bulls...as big of a deal as tonights win over Miami !)

I stand by my prediction: Celtics will win more than 41 games this season , lots of young athleticism and upside , so much better than living another year of The Long Goodbye with KG and Pierce....

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

41 wins means we will be like the Dino Radja led Celtics of the 1990s.

Long time Celtic fans don't want to go back to that era.

[/QUOTE]

Dino Radja had excellent footwork and low post scoring ability. However I disliked Rick Fox nearly as much as I dislike Brandon Bass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not really sure what this thread is about....it's all over the place....too many names.  But, I do know this......with the many knowledgeable posters that have commented on here, I know NO ONE is saying Brad Stevens is a better coach than Rick Pitino....and as long as we all understand that, I'll allow the thread to continue......LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

41 wins means we will be like the Dino Radja led Celtics of the 1990s.

Long time Celtic fans don't want to go back to that era.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  I'd rather "suffer" for one or two seasons then "suffer" for twenty two years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yawn

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not really sure what this thread is about....it's all over the place....too many names.  But, I do know this......with the many knowledgeable posters that have commented on here, I know NO ONE is saying Brad Stevens is a better coach than Rick Pitino....and as long as we all understand that, I'll allow the thread to continue......LOL

[/QUOTE]

This thread is about how much more talented these '14 Celtics are as compared to the '98 Celtics. Both teams were led by rookie coaches who were dubbed a 'genius' in the college ranks.

Those Celtics won 36 games. Anyone saying this Celts team has no shot to win 30 is a fool.

[/QUOTE]

I agree - should put us in the 7-10 range.  Not what folks around here are clamoring for, I know.

36 would be a stretch, IMO.  There will be injuries and trades.  Just keep playing hard, win the occasional shocker and we'll all be fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'm so tired of hearing all the fantasy league b.s. about how it's better if the Celtics win 30 games than if they win 41

Look at what Utah did in this years draft ! They packaged their 2 picks and they got into the top 10 and got their future franchise cornerstone - Trey Burke !

If there is a player that Ainge loves - he will cash in ALL THE CHIPS to get into the top 5 or at least into the top 10

Can't anyone on this board see the value of this years team getting into the playoffs , even as the #8 seed ? 

LAST SEASONS team was the mediocre "Dino Radja" style Celtics, yeah, with KG and Piece they were a .500 team, and they needed a 8 game winning streak just to get to .500

THIS SEASONS team getting into the #8 spot is a totally different story..........the new look Celtics could be just like Golden State were last season, the exciting up and coming team on the rise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm so tired of hearing all the fantasy league b.s. about how it's better if the Celtics win 30 games than if they win 41

Look at what Utah did in this years draft ! They packaged their 2 picks and they got into the top 10 and got their future franchise cornerstone - Trey Burke !

If there is a player that Ainge loves - he will cash in ALL THE CHIPS to get into the top 5 or at least into the top 10

Can't anyone on this board see the value of this years team getting into the playoffs , even as the #8 seed ? 

LAST SEASONS team was the mediocre "Dino Radja" style Celtics, yeah, with KG and Piece they were a .500 team, and they needed a 8 game winning streak just to get to .500

THIS SEASONS team getting into the #8 spot is a totally different story..........the new look Celtics could be just like Golden State were last season, the exciting up and coming team on the rise.

[/QUOTE]

NO. THERE IS NO VALUE IN BEING AN 8 SEED OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND.

FUN WITH FONTS

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The only way this team doesn't win 36-44 is if Ainge doesn't let them. And by that I obviously mean a combination of trading both Rondo and 2-3 of the 5 other veteran/leadership/been there before guys."

I for one hope Ainge does step in if that's the case. We need to hit the lottery to become a championship team in the NBA again. That's how it works. 

Those who are content with getting creamed in the playoffs by the Heat or the Pacers in the first round may think otherwise. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The only way this team doesn't win 36-44 is if Ainge doesn't let them. And by that I obviously mean a combination of trading both Rondo and 2-3 of the 5 other veteran/leadership/been there before guys."

I for one hope Ainge does step in if that's the case. We need to hit the lottery to become a championship team in the NBA again. That's how it works. 

Those who are content with getting creamed in the playoffs by the Heat or the Pacers in the first round may think otherwise. 

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts