A 3-team that could help everyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A 3-team that could help everyone

Clippers - KG Pierce, Terry (Wilcox or Collins)

Celtics - Josh Smith, DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, John Jenkins

Hawks - Odom, Bass, Melo, Eric Bledsoe and a 1st rd pick in '14 from LA

Smaller contracts will be mixed and matched as needed to make $ work. C's and Hawks could also swap Lou Williams for Courtney Lee depending on who they see as a better fit with Rondo.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: A 3-team that could help everyone

I don't like this. We get Jordan who has proven all he can do is dunk, horrible FT shooter, Butler is on the downside, Jenkins isn't any better than Lee and Josh Smith would do nothing without PP and KG.

I want Smith IF we can keep PP and KG otherwise forget it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Like the trade....but....I think it's too big!

KG for Jordan and Bledsoe

PP for Smith

Trade Rondo in off season:

Bledsoe, AB, Green, Smith, Jordan

Lee, Terry, Wiliams, Bass, Wilcox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Clippers - KG Pierce, Terry (Wilcox or Collins)

Celtics - Josh Smith, DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, John Jenkins

Hawks - Odom, Bass, Melo, Eric Bledsoe and a 1st rd pick in '14 from LA

Smaller contracts will be mixed and matched as needed to make $ work. C's and Hawks could also swap Lou Williams for Courtney Lee depending on who they see as a better fit with Rondo.   

love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

PP for Smith

Well the point of making it so big (and therefore less likely) was:

A. Smith would be brought in to play WITH Rondo, no way we add him then trade RR, so Bledsoe is less of a need

B. PP would be furious going to ATL, the fans wouldn't like it, etc. KG meanwhile would waive the no trade if Pierce were going with him and the fans couldn't hold it against management for sending two guys home to chase a title

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

PP for Smith

A. Smith would be brought in to play WITH Rondo, no way we add him then trade RR, so Bledsoe is less of a need

B. PP would be furious going to ATL, the fans wouldn't like it, etc. KG meanwhile would waive the no trade if Pierce were going with him and the fans couldn't hold it against management for sending two guys home to chase a title

I would like to see a move for a big man, keep it simple.  What about Pierce for Jordan and change and keep Garnett? Thay way we might actually make some noise. Green starts and is a star we are better than we ever thought we could be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

PP for Smith

I think many people mis-understand what KG said.  Maybe I do, too.  My understanding was that he would waive his no-trade if PP was traded ALSO - not together.........the final breakup of the Big 3.  I never saw anything that said PP and KG would be on the same team - I thought it meant just also traded!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The only reason to trade for Smith is if you want to go all in on the headcase train...Rondo Smith and Howard...all are friends, all have talent, all are nutcases who don't listen, and the only one who isn't a free agent is on the Celtics....and that would make for one of the least likable teams in the NBA. A move that I like more and more the more I think about it is Bass and Barbosa for Marion. Marion really brings the C's everything they're looking for (other than youth) to make a push with this crew. He rebounds, plays D...he does all the little stuff that helps this team do what it does best. It works for the Mavs, as they get rid of the contract hit for next season and make their push for DH. C's get the upgrade on Bass, and, as they're not going to be rebuilt this offseason if they keep KG and PP, they will have Marion's expiring contract which becomes valuable at next year's deadline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

As far as trading with the Clippers, I think getting a third team involved and moving both PP and KG to LA would be the best way to go. It's fair to the fans and players as both go home to LA to compete for a ring, as long as the C's get enough back in return. I was tinkering around with the trade machine as we all do, and messed with a three way trade between LA, Boston and the Bucks where the C's give up PP and KG to LA, and Bass and Barbosa to MIL and wound up getting back Bledsoe and Jordan from La and Ellis and Dalembert from MIL with a few other pieces changing hands as well. Fun thoughts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

horrible trade. just dreadful. wow

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

horrible trade. just dreadful. wow

excuse me?

The sane Celtic fan would swap KG and Pierce for Jordan and Smith in a second if the goal of the team was to rebuild around Rondo. Jenkins is a solid talent as well.

I would prefer to trade RR for the present and future and make a run this season with our loyal vets who bleed green... but that doesn't seem to be in the cards

Sections
Shortcuts