A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body

rondo got starched by jennings in the last matchup, 23 pts for jennings, less than 10 for rondo, and 8 turnovers for rondo.  pathetic performance for sure.  jennings and the bucks use a lot of pick and roll, so it's not like the conditions are going to change for rondo in this game, he just has to hustle more.....

and i'm interested to see krstic against big banger bogut.  can he out-quick bogut in any phase of the game, how will he defend bogut in close?  lots of questions here.  i don't think nenad will have the table run on him by bogut, but am interested to see how he does with a guy who outweighs him a bit...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body

wow, i don't think krstic could have done any better in the first quarter.  bogut gone w/ fouls in 4 1/2 minutes after doing not much.  nenad did a lot on the other hand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body:
    rondo got starched by jennings in the last matchup, 23 pts for jennings, less than 10 for rondo, and 8 turnovers for rondo.  pathetic performance for sure.  jennings and the bucks use a lot of pick and roll, so it's not like the conditions are going to change for rondo in this game, he just has to hustle more..... and i'm interested to see krstic against big banger bogut.  can he out-quick bogut in any phase of the game, how will he defend bogut in close?  lots of questions here.  i don't think nenad will have the table run on him by bogut, but am interested to see how he does with a guy who outweighs him a bit...
    Posted by aciemvp

Fred Flintstone oh um I mean Tommy Heinsohn just mentioned that he "had no idea Krstic could be this effective".... GEICO commercial "do you think 15 minutes could save you 15% or more?"  "what do you live under a rock?".... way to go Tommy.  I remember being routinely lambasted for suggesting that Cs give up nothing with either Krstic or Pachulia instead of Perk......

Looking for Rondo to bounce back?  Against someone 4 years younger with not nearly the talent surrounding him?  There should never be a bounceback game for someone with the luxury of playing with the BIG 3.  He should say his prayers and thank his maker every night and every morning.  Put Jennings on the list of point guards that the Cs are no worse off with instead of Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body:
    [QUOTE]rondo got starched by jennings in the last matchup, 23 pts for jennings, less than 10 for rondo, and 8 turnovers for rondo.  pathetic performance for sure.  jennings and the bucks use a lot of pick and roll, so it's not like the conditions are going to change for rondo in this game, he just has to hustle more..... and i'm interested to see krstic against big banger bogut.  can he out-quick bogut in any phase of the game, how will he defend bogut in close?  lots of questions here.  i don't think nenad will have the table run on him by bogut, but am interested to see how he does with a guy who outweighs him a bit...
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOT

p.s. I love the reference to "less than 10 for Rondo".... less than 10 for Rondo is nothing short of common, I am guessing without looking that Rondo has had only 2 games in the last dozen or so where Rondo had more than 10 and he only averages 11 so "less than 10 for Rondo" somehow implies that it is a bad night when in reality "less than 10" is actually pretty normal.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe Rondo gets redemption tomorrow night against DWill. Not much happening tonight.

Tonight's game was fun only in that Krstic was amazing under the boards and the 2nd unit with Arroyo and Murphy got some serious minutes and looked good.

Otherwise, a total YAWNER against the utterly hapless (56 total pts) Bucks.

Welcome back BBD. We missed you.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Ktstic looked great on both ends of the floor.  and Murphy found his stride.

Rondo looked very low energy again, went 1-6 from the floor for 2 points and a few assists, but at least he only had 1 (memorable) turnover.  Rondo just seems ...arrogant out there to me.

I thought the team moved the ball better with Arroyo at the point tonight and his energy on D was noticeably more intense than Rondo.  I don't think we lose anything with Arroyo, if Rondo goes down. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

NOBODY MENTIONED THE MURPH SIGHTING- 12 and 7- that's look a full reincarnation compared to the murph we saw before.  but maybe you could peel fernsten off the lounge chair and he could do 12 and 7 against these bucks.  what an awful team.  bogut still hurt no matter what they say.

at least we controlled jennings and bogut.  when you do that the bucks tend to fall apart. 

it's not a shocker to me that arroyo moves the ball better than rondo.  there's a lot to be said for quick, decisive actions vs. standing around pounding he ball or even just holding it for a 4 to 6 count like we sometimes see.

now we need this phantom delonte to become real and we have the point guard and 2 shored up.  green covers the 3 and some 4, davis 4 and 5, shak and krstic  the 5 and if murph does anything in the playoffs it's a bonus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body:
    In Response to A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : Fred Flintstone oh um I mean Tommy Heinsohn just mentioned that he "had no idea Krstic could be this effective".... GEICO commercial "do you think 15 minutes could save you 15% or more?"  "what do you live under a rock?".... way to go Tommy.  I remember being routinely lambasted for suggesting that Cs give up nothing with either Krstic or Pachulia instead of Perk...... Looking for Rondo to bounce back?  Against someone 4 years younger with not nearly the talent surrounding him?  There should never be a bounceback game for someone with the luxury of playing with the BIG 3.  He should say his prayers and thank his maker every night and every morning.  Put Jennings on the list of point guards that the Cs are no worse off with instead of Rondo. 
    Posted by TheDUDDER

"uncle".  i give up.  i can't take it.  i stop reading when you denigrate heinsohn like that. there's no call for it.  he's HOF player and coach and took a dump with more basketball knowledge in it than you and i will ever know.

krstic historically HAS NOT SHOWN much of anything on defense.  i am surprised.  i'm sure you are surprised on some level even if you won't admit it.  and i didn't like perkins either.  but that doesn't color my views of krstic as an automatic great at the 5 position.  he's never been much on defense and a 15 foot popper on offense more than anything else.

now we see krstic inside more than out, hustling admirably on D.  maybe all he needed was a winning team to really start to bust it out there.

so why is heinsohn being derided for this?  it ruins your credibility for anything else that you say that you dislike tommy so much.  he has had to adapt to the modern times with the "caricature of himself" act on color commentary, but he remains incredibly insightful on a wide range of topics, to include almost anything he says. 

i don't even know if you're a celts fan after berating heinsohn like that.  it just makes you seem stupid.  and trollish

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    Rondo looked very effective defensively he was all over the court.  He did not play much and we will see how he performs tomorrow in New Jersey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body:
    I readily admit to being a Perk basher, but as I said in the past, I like Rondo.  My frustration with him was finally clarified while listening to Grande and Max on the WEEI postgame show.  If you recall the play this evening when Rondo got a real nice offensive rebound, then proceeded to do some sort of totally unnecessary behind the back between the legs dribble, they said now when he does weird things like that Doc has a legit point guard (Arroyo) who he can bring off the bench while Rivers tries to calm Rondo down.  Max joked that Rondo goes through these phases where he almost is saying "let's see if I can play with my eyes closed"...basically saying that he makes things far too difficult sometimes.  The other funny line (can't remember if it was Max or Grande) said sometimes he plays like a kid who is bored with a video game so he makes it more difficult to increase the challenge. I don't think he's the "best" point guard...but he may be the best for this team.
    Posted by jallen3531

Right on the money Jallen.. Rondo plays with three HOF he averages 12 APG he keeps everyone involved that's how you win championships. Plus now he finally has a true back-up which will help him big time in the minutes department.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

My sense is that Arroyo could teach Rondo an awful lot about how to play the PG position.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

My sense is that Arroyo could teach Rondo an awful lot about how to play the PG position. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

What could Arroyo possibly teach Rondo that Doc hasn't already tried to teach Rondo?  Can he teach him how to consistently hit wide-open 18' jump shots?  Or perhaps he could teach him how to become a 75 - 80% free-throw shooter.  Laughing

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Quote from Scott Skiles: "Right at the jump, Rondo got right up on Brandon."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo played defense better then he has in a couple weeks, he was active, not being lazy out there..stayed in front of his man. 

i also like arroyo out there, im not gunna go as far as to say we dont lose anything if he is the starter instead of rondo, thats a big overexaggeration. but i def like how calm and composed he is out on the court. hes picked up the team philosophy quickly. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

p.s - so many times i have been tempted to just put Dudder on ignore bc of how dumb he sounds, but part of me is for some reason interested in hearing his ridiculous points of view.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : Not from the clip that was on the Globe............Jennings was wide open for 3 in the corner and Rondo was on the total opposite side of the court trotting down......not even remotely close to Jennings......in fact Jennings had a ham and cheese sandwich before taking the shot........which he made I might add.....Rondo's stat lines are going down hill........he should see West's shrink.......he might need it more than Delonte.......hmmmmmmmm maybe he is taking some of Delonte;s meds......
    Posted by damfuno

Ok that's part of the problem some of you watch clips and read articles about the team instead of actually watching the game. You need to watch the game to really evaluate a players performance. Jennings scored 8 point when he's averaging over 15 a game I would say Rondo did his job quite well in a BLOW OUT!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo has played poorly for the last three games and Krstic has played very good,  he will need some help against some centers and it will cost us giving up some open jumpers, but Shack gives up a bundle of open jumpers most of the time.  We made a very good trade with Kendrick and I will be interested in seeing what we get with the pick.  Green and Krstic are both keepers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : "uncle".  i give up.  i can't take it.  i stop reading when you denigrate heinsohn like that. there's no call for it.  he's HOF player and coach and took a dump with more basketball knowledge in it than you and i will ever know. krstic historically HAS NOT SHOWN much of anything on defense.  i am surprised.  i'm sure you are surprised on some level even if you won't admit it.  and i didn't like perkins either.  but that doesn't color my views of krstic as an automatic great at the 5 position.  he's never been much on defense and a 15 foot popper on offense more than anything else. now we see krstic inside more than out, hustling admirably on D.  maybe all he needed was a winning team to really start to bust it out there. so why is heinsohn being derided for this?  it ruins your credibility for anything else that you say that you dislike tommy so much.  he has had to adapt to the modern times with the "caricature of himself" act on color commentary, but he remains incredibly insightful on a wide range of topics, to include almost anything he says.  i don't even know if you're a celts fan after berating heinsohn like that.  it just makes you seem stupid.  and trollish
    Posted by aciemvp

I don't care about Tommy's credentials - he is a loud mouthed blowhard that adds almost nothing except irritation and poor assessment of fouls being called..... when he said he was not sure Krstic could be this effective, he meant offensively..... Tommy is someone that fancies himself intelligent when he can actually pronounce someone's name......  I don't care how much he knows or thinks he knows but just about every time he whines about the foul and they show the replay he is wrong and can't admit it - it makes him look stupid.... stupid is as stupid does - Gorman's tongue has to be a foot thick from constantly biting it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : I don't care about Tommy's credentials - he is a loud mouthed blowhard that adds almost nothing except irritation and poor assessment of fouls being called..... when he said he was not sure Krstic could be this effective, he meant offensively..... Tommy is someone that fancies himself intelligent when he can actually pronounce someone's name......  I don't care how much he knows or thinks he knows but just about every time he whines about the foul and they show the replay he is wrong and can't admit it - it makes him look stupid.... stupid is as stupid does - Gorman's tongue has to be a foot thick from constantly biting it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

All highlighted items could just as easily be said about you.  On top of that you come to this board basically to antagonize people, and to get off by saying things like and I quote, "I have forgot more about basketball than posters on this board know".  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : All highlighted items could just as easily be said about you.  On top of that you come to this board basically to antagonize people, and to get off by saying things like and I quote, "I have forgot more about basketball than posters on this board know".  
    Posted by OneOnOne

I still think I am entitled to my opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : Ok that's part of the problem some of you watch clips and read articles about the team instead of actually watching the game. You need to watch the game to really evaluate a players performance. Jennings scored 8 point when he's averaging over 15 a game I would say Rondo did his job quite well in a BLOW OUT!
    Posted by paulbrr7

i did watch the game on DVR, late at night, and refrained any comments on the game other than the first few minutes until i had seen all of it.  the more the game went on, the worse rondo got.  it's true he hustled over a couple of screens but there was A LOT of help defense that shut down jennings on plays where rondo did not hustle.

and that 3 pointer that jennings hit was very annoying.  rondo was lost in the clouds on that one for a two count before jennings got the ball and then jennings changed his clothes and ate a meal before he shot it and still no rondo.  total lack of hustle. 

rondo did basically less than nothing in the second half.  wave people around and eat up the 24 clock.  hardly any movement on offense.  this low tempo misery is really annoying me, i can't imagine playing with it as a 35 y/o vet, they must want to slap him.

all of this behavior, the un-conquered fundamentals, the persistent sub par defense and now visibly being bothered to play in games, is a troubling pattern.  i predicted that the un-conquered fundamentals that were rewarded with a contract extension made a perfect recipe for a head case and maybe that's what is playing out.

or maybe he is a little bit tired and hurt.  BUT WHO ISN"T ON THIS TEAM and why can everyone else suck it up and go 100% and the youngest guy in the joint looks so sad?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : I don't care about Tommy's credentials - he is a loud mouthed blowhard that adds almost nothing except irritation and poor assessment of fouls being called..... when he said he was not sure Krstic could be this effective, he meant offensively..... Tommy is someone that fancies himself intelligent when he can actually pronounce someone's name......  I don't care how much he knows or thinks he knows but just about every time he whines about the foul and they show the replay he is wrong and can't admit it - it makes him look stupid.... stupid is as stupid does - Gorman's tongue has to be a foot thick from constantly biting it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

really qui queg?  you so interpretive!!  here's a news flash, moron- krstic has never played like this on O or D.  when he scored 16.8 for the 26 games that he did with the nets before the knee went bad, it was a lot of jumpers- that's been his game. 

now his game is reversed, he's getting more rebounds than every on both ends, and he's an inside worker bee- become an inside-out player vs. outside in before.

your claims that tommy is not intelligent show a lot about who you are.  dumb punk sums it up nicely.  and probably young, dumb punk.  i've never heard such disrespect from tommy other than when he came up with "i love walter" to stay current with the catch phrase times.  and on many levels i hated walter because whenever he played more then 3 clicks a game, we were a 35 win team max.  but to tommy's credit, he made something good out of something bad.

you on the other hand couldn't make something good out of bars of gold.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : really qui queg?  you so interpretive!!  here's a news flash, moron- krstic has never played like this on O or D.  when he scored 16.8 for the 26 games that he did with the nets before the knee went bad, it was a lot of jumpers- that's been his game.  now his game is reversed, he's getting more rebounds than every on both ends, and he's an inside worker bee- become an inside-out player vs. outside in before. your claims that tommy is not intelligent show a lot about who you are.  dumb punk sums it up nicely.  and probably young, dumb punk.  i've never heard such disrespect from tommy other than when he came up with "i love walter" to stay current with the catch phrase times.  and on many levels i hated walter because whenever he played more then 3 clicks a game, we were a 35 win team max.  but to tommy's credit, he made something good out of something bad. you on the other hand couldn't make something good out of bars of gold.
    Posted by aciemvp

I am 48 years old and not a punk.  "oh what happened I didn't see it"...."oh I am with you Doc he was fouled" - the  replay clearly shows he wasn't and vice versa when a Celtic commits an obvious foul Tommy denies it on every play, literally every play.  Tommy's key to the game - run, run, run.... hey Tommy noticed lately that there are about 6 players at the 3 point line on every play and it allows the defense to get back a lot quicker and running has become an increasingly smaller part of the game... hey Tommy have you noticed how the best teams score about 15 ppg by running?  That is um 15% of the game....  fine to a homer but a complete lack of objectivity, not even knowing who the other teams players are, thinking it an accomplishment to pronounce their names, etc.  - I am all set with that.....

Sections
Shortcuts