A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body : I am 48 years old and not a punk.  "oh what happened I didn't see it"...."oh I am with you Doc he was fouled" - the  replay clearly shows he wasn't and vice versa when a Celtic commits an obvious foul Tommy denies it on every play, literally every play.  Tommy's key to the game - run, run, run.... hey Tommy noticed lately that there are about 6 players at the 3 point line on every play and it allows the defense to get back a lot quicker and running has become an increasingly smaller part of the game... hey Tommy have you noticed how the best teams score about 15 ppg by running?  That is um 15% of the game....  fine to a homer but a complete lack of objectivity, not even knowing who the other teams players are, thinking it an accomplishment to pronounce their names, etc.  - I am all set with that.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

there was a time where tommy was less objective than he was now.  i suppose you despise johnny most too.  well i don't.  i loved most and heinsohn was allright with me when he was a hopeless homer.

i really don't feel as if heinsohn has been one sided like that for many years.  what i hear from him is a lot of silence when there are bad calls these days.  and i have heard many times where he looks at a replay and recants an assertion that there was a foul, if the replay showed it. 

you clearly have a lot of ill will that is long in the tooth with tommy.  he has changed over the years.  but you are bitter for some reason.  maybe because you stink at basketball or all sports- i don't know and don't care.  but what i do care about is your assertion that tommy is a moron is completely wrong.

even if he was still a hopeless homer, he still has intelligence and insight.

you suprised that he feels running is good?  he is a RED AUERBACH SYSTEM GUY, you double moron!!  red was about running.  it was a system that worked and made the most dominant franchise in history.  i suppose you hate red too?  teams today could use a lot more SMART running and pushing the ball.  scoring when a defense is partially set is much easier than against a dug in defense.

to me, the modern brand of ball is awful in a lot of ways.  the one on one half court brand of ball that seems to be the nightly product of the nba is as tired to me as tommy is so tired to you.  i'd like to see more running.  what's more is the celts have the tools to do it.

green was blowing down the floor like no celtic i've ever seen in a long time last night.  now if we could only get rondo to hustle up the floor a little bit then we get much needed easy points per game.

dummy, the celtics are older- they should run WHENEVER THEY CAN, which is what tommy is saying.  there is NO STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE TO A SLOW DOWN GAME WITH OLD PLAYERS INVOLVED.  run the shot clock out and ray runs his legs out making re-curls off of MORE picks than ever before!  i don't know what is there that you can't understand.  "old guys can't run" is probably your moniker. 

and it's a dumb one.  as dumb as flushing tommy down the toilet with the bathwater.  this guy has had more insight on player talent in the game sweat out of one pore on his arm than you know of the whole game.  much of the talent insight from tommy the celts have been remiss in not using in their talent management in the past 10 years.

he has waxed prophetically about rondo, his fundamentals, his defense, davis and how he should have been playing for most of a year and a half spent buried on doc's spite-for-young-players bench, and a LOAD of other things.  all you hear is missed foul calls and no remorse at bad knee jerk reactions.

i think you're listening to tommy of 20 years ago and haven't opened your ears.  even back then he still had insight into the game.  i'm done talking about this.  you're a disrespectful jack@sse to say what you have about tommy and that's that.  a living legend of the game and you drip with hatred toward him.  what's wrong with that picture?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I was a huge TommyGun fan when he played and until recently enjoyed his color commentary. Not so much anymore.

He gripes way too much about the refs and that seems to be his sole schtick nowadays. I would swap the already departed Cousy for Heinsohn if I could.

I'm going to be sad when Tommy broadcasts his final game because he is a central part of the Celtic narrative... but I am ready to move on.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Truth is Tommy's little finger knows more baskteball than Drudder

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: A chance for Rondo redemption and to see Krstic against a wide body:
    [QUOTE]I was a huge TommyGun fan when he played and until recently enjoyed his color commentary. Not so much anymore. He gripes way too much about the refs and that seems to be his sole schtick nowadays. I would swap the already departed Cousy for Heinsohn if I could. I'm going to be sad when Tommy broadcasts his final game because he is a central part of the Celtic narrative... but I am ready to move on. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

interesting.  nice to see respectful dissent.  i COULD NOT STAND tommy during the "i love walter" era, and maybe nobody could stand anything.  it's been my perception that tommy has dummied up a lot in recent years on the bad officiating.  much more so than ever before.  he seems to postpone a lot of knee jerk opinions to look at replays.

but i don't get all of tommy.  or i know a couple years ago i didn't.  i only get HOME announcers with this miserable league ticket as i'm outside the area as of 2005 after being lifelong new englander.

i may get all of tommy now as i don't think he travels any more.  i dunno.  one thing is for sure, i'd rather have anything but the home announcers for our away games~!

age is catching up with tommy.  he's 76 now.  can't stay sharp as a tack forever, but his instincts and talent eval are still top notch in my book.  this team needs to run more, if only just pushing the tempo slightly. 

broken plays on quick pushes before a defense sets are where easy points are made in this league with older guys as a core.  not gutting out every posession down to the buzzer as rondo seems to do too much of the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

His up tempo approach to the game is right on and he has to be exasperated with the lazy PG play that he sees all too often... but comments on only indirectly, pulling his punches.

And then he gives up, groans....  and goes after the easier targets.... the refs... and pulls no punches at all.

I would love to have a beer with him and ask him some candid questions about consistency and aggressive PG play, game in and game out.

His answers would be XXX-rated I would bet.

Pud