A couple of trade ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

A couple of trade ideas

It has become apparent that we need help rebounding, rest for Paul and late game replacement for Rondo in tight games.  Here are a few trades I believe would work, some more drastic than others.
      First would be with the Suns.  They get Marquis and Von and we get Hill.  This would be strictly to get Paul some rest.
      Second would be with the Cavs.  They get Davis, J O'neil, and Robinson and we get Varajau, Powe and Sessions.  I think that Davis and Varajau are about equal with Davis a little better defesively but Varajau a bit better rebounder and offensively and Sessions would be good back up for Rondo.
      Third would be with the Timberwolves.  They get Davis, Robinson,Harangody, and Wafer or draft pick.  We get Beasly and Ridnour.  I do not believe that any of the players we give up are starters but all very good bench players with Davis being a top line 6th man.  In Beasly we get a very talented but still learning PF for KG to groom as his replacement and in Ridnour we get a very good back up for Rondo and he could also play shooting gaurd.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: A couple of trade ideas

Not sure who they would have to trade, but I still believe the Celtics could use another small forward or someone better than Marquis.  I don't think it would happen, but anything to improve this team might be a good idea. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Varejao is out for the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I like the first idea for Hill. It would take more to get Hill though.

The other two no way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

how do you make it work when you trade davis twice?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Hill is too injury prone. He might be having a good year but I don't believe his body to be reliable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Is Big Baby big enough to trade twice?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Like the Hill idea

Beasley messes w/ chemistry and doesn't play defense. no way

I'd trade Nate, Von, Avery or '12 1st rd pick for Shane Battier, he's a little bit better than Hill, esp on defense.

I'd then trade Quis, JON and either Avery or our 2012 1st rd pick.... for Ben Gordon, he has said he wants out of the DET rebuilsing mess he didn't sign up for and onto a winner but is overpaid. That deal gives Detroit a young player (or pick) and saves them 27-28 million.

I'd make either of those deal with mixed or matched pieces if we cannot get both players. Only part that wouldn't fit (IMO) is Hou paying JON 6.3 million in '12. That is not worth Avery or a 1st rd pick in the 20's. But maybe the younger and still useful Nate @ 'just' 4.2m is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chemistry annd playing style are not distrupted with Gordon/Battier and the team is improved.

Unlike rip (who he has a 'best layer @ UC rivalry with) Gordon and Ray are close friends lil bro big bro kinda situation with mutual respect. Gordon has the NCAA championship Ray never got but was not THE MAN (Okafor was) and 1st team all-american like rip.

Ben is a better Nate Robinson who can give Ray rest for the stretch run, play great paired w/ Delonte and not care about playing time in '11 or'12. He sweats to win. He also makes 24-25 million 2012-14 and would know that he'd be the full-time starter then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: A couple of trade ideas:
    [QUOTE]I like the first idea for Hill. It would take more to get Hill though. The other two no way.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Battier is team 1st class all the way who can rest Pierce for the stretch run and care nothing that all we'd want from him is 20 mins of the greatest D of his life on guys like Deng/Hedo/Gallinari in the 2nd rd, LBJ in the ECF and Kobe, Manu/RJ or Dirk/Marion in the finals. Some rebounds and a clutch 3 and breathers for the Ray/PP duo. He is as big an upgrade to 'Quis as Gordon is to Nate. Houston owes it to him to send the guy to a winner.

He is in the last year of his deal but I think winning on a title team off the bench in 12 mins less per game is better than playing out the stretch starting for an 8 seed or lotto club. He wants to win and won't lose any money by being James Posey the last 4 months of this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Those teams are trying to build around the guys you mentioned to get better. Why would they trade them to us?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Those teams are trying to build around the guys you mentioned to get better. Why would they trade them to us?
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]
    wishful thinking?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Battier is team 1st class all the way who can rest Pierce for the stretch run and care nothing that all we'd want from him is 20 mins of the greatest D of his life on guys like Deng/Hedo/Gallinari in the 2nd rd, LBJ in the ECF and Kobe, Manu/RJ or Dirk/Marion in the finals. Some rebounds and a clutch 3 and breathers for the Ray/PP duo. He is as big an upgrade to 'Quis as Gordon is to Nate. Houston owes it to him to send the guy to a winner. He is in the last year of his deal but I think winning on a title team off the bench in 12 mins less per game is better than playing out the stretch starting for an 8 seed or lotto club. He wants to win and won't lose any money by being James Posey the last 4 months of this year.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Nate and Daniels works for Battier:
    West
    Wafer
    Battier
    BBD
    Shaq

with Erden, Luke, JON and Bradley, we could STILL get someone else who is bought out.........
    Am I the only one that wants Andray Blatche?  24, 6'11", a little attitude - could step in for KG in 2 years and still only be 26/27 yrs old.............?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A couple of trade ideas : Nate and Daniels works for Battier: West Wafer Battier BBD Shaq with Erden, Luke, JON and Bradley, we could STILL get someone else who is bought out......... Am I the only one that wants Andray Blatche?  24, 6'11", a little attitude - could step in for KG in 2 years and still only be 26/27 yrs old.............?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Battier would be a great addition to the current Celtics team.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

any trade to replace  marquis & von wafer with better players woul be welcome
    to give some true rest (i mean, also mentally !) to pp & ray allen....... these two guys have been playing over 35 minutes since october....  born 1977 and 1975.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Is Big Baby big enough to trade twice?
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    These were three seperate trade ideas, so Baby was not going twice.  I also thought of Ben Gordon but then saw his salary and is way overpaid for too long.  Also like Blatche but could not make that work in something that Washington would even consider.  Also tried for Aldridge but could not come up with anything that would work on trade machine. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Hill is too injury prone. He might be having a good year but I don't believe his body to be reliable.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]
    What about Wafer and Marquis for Jared Dudley

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would do a Quis and JON for Battier

Houston would then buyout JON to free up cap space.

Sections
Shortcuts