a different angle on the perk trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

a different angle on the perk trade?

maybe this has been discussed, maybe it hasn't. at least we got something for perk (i really like green and think he will be great in a year or so) and HE DID NOT END UP IN NY OR MIAMI, which could have happened if he were allowed to become a FA. perk cannot carry a team, and you don't break the bank for him, but he'd be a nice role player to have alongside melo/stoudemire or lebron/wade/bosh. he would make either of those teams better, so i'm glad he's out of the conference at least.

that said, i still think it's a good trade. we're in retooling mode now and need scoring desperately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Re: a different angle on the perk trade?

it cost us the championship in the last year of the championship window for our Big three. now miami's younger and more dominant big Three will dominant for years to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: a different angle on the perk trade?:
    it cost us the championship in the last year of the championship window for our Big three. now miami's younger and more dominant big Three will dominant for years to come.
    Posted by bramrok

Watching Perk play for OKC, I cant fathom how he could have helped us much.  Maybe in running plays etc but the downside to his play would more than wipe out any good he could have brought us imo.

Maybe he'll improve alot next year but from what I saw we didnt miss anything

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Posted by bramrok

Wrong, as usual. Keep beating that dead horse. I'm thinking with a training camp for Kristic, Green and Delonte, we will be much better. Perkins is zero loss and we would've not beaten Miami with him. I mean, he knocked um' dead in OKC with 4 points and 3 rebounds a game and didn't play in the end. I'm glad we didn't waste money making him our centerpiece for years. Get over it........most of us have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by bramrok

You sir, are delusional!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Perkins is a good player and a good Celtic, thanks Perk.  As far as the trade, we solved one problem with Green but we are now looking for a starting center.  I think with the 1 one pick from the Clipps we came out on top.  IF Green develops into a player that is 80% of Paul, we came out way on top.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Posted by bramrok

you must be kidding.We did not loose because of the Perkins trade.With Perk we had two starters who could not score.Please re evaluate your statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Whatever you think of Perk, his game, or how he fit-in/played in Boston vs. OKC, DA & the C's are finding out that a young starting center is a lot harder to find then a young wing player in the NBA.

Finally, just because Perk turned down the C's first and limited in-season offer doesn't mean that he would have turned down a hometown discount and bolted to the Knicks or Heat. Seeing how devastated he was to leave his Celtic family and how quickly he signed an extension where he felt wanted in OKC shows that he was probably a lot more loyal than TA. 

Sections
Shortcuts