A Disturbing Pattern?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: A Disturbing Pattern?

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sure there are reasons.  Sheed was an absolute flop in green.  Ray had his feelings hurt.  Dooling decided he'd had enough of a career. 

Seems like your Lakers aren't immune either.  Deryk Fischer left at least one on his own.  Lamar Odom got his feelings hurt.  What's the problem with the Lakers?

Go stir up muck somewhere where your posts aren't so transparently phony.

[/QUOTE]

Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom didn't walk away from guaranteed contracts from the Lakers.

They didn't take 1/2 the money to play for another team over LA.

[/QUOTE]

And your point is?  (Other than you're a Laker troll trying desperately to masquerade as a Celtics fan.)

[/QUOTE]

My point is: Why is this happening? I am very concerned. We get ignored left and right from free agents and we have our own guys walking away or signing for 1/2 the money.

The racist thing was dumb and should not have been brought up in this thread.

It covers over a legitimate point that I brought up which should have led to some reasonable dialogue.

[/QUOTE]

If you want "reasonable dialouge" start a reasonable thread.  Dooling and Sheed retired.  Ray was a Free Agent, he did not walk away from a guaranteed contract, he chose to sign a contract with another team.  He wants another ring, and could no longer co-exist with Rondo.

The only legitimate one there is Ray, and he chose to leave - his case was different than the other two!

[/QUOTE]

Ray ddi have a contract offer from the Celtics for twice the money and he walked away.

How often do you see NBA players decide to retire then to fulfill their guaranteed contracts?

It's not just these three examples. The lack of interest in Boston from free agents is also disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Ray walked away............his choice.   The other two retired, so poor examples.  Mike Miller MAY retire this year........he may not.  Usually, players hang on too long...I applaud Dooling for getting out with some dignity.

Lack of interest?  You mean lack of money!!  I believe we've had Lee, Terry, Darko, Green, KG, Bass, Wilcox, Collins sign this year.  Shaq and JON signed here, PP and RA re-upped...........we chose to sign our own, that does not mean no one was interested.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

[QUOTE]

For a Celtic fan (much sarcasm) all you ever discuss is negative about the Celtics. If we don't like trolls like you we should leave your discussions blank from this point on. If you are in your 40 and up why don't you just post in the LA forum and leave us alone. You could even write about the Celtics and be a hero there instead of being chastised here every day or is that what you like?

Is there a reason why Celtics players are walking away from the Celtics when they have guaranteed contracts or leaving Boston for half the money?

1) Rasheed Wallace walked away from approximately $11m in salary for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

2) Ray Allen took half the money to paly for Miami.

3) Keyon Dooling walked away from the Celtics after recently signing a guaranteed $1.3m contract.

It is rare for an NBA player to walk away from a guaranteed contract but we have a couple of examples of players that decided that they were done with the Celtics. Weird? Coincidence? Pattern?

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sure there are reasons.  Sheed was an absolute flop in green.  Ray had his feelings hurt.  Dooling decided he'd had enough of a career. 

Seems like your Lakers aren't immune either.  Deryk Fischer left at least one on his own.  Lamar Odom got his feelings hurt.  What's the problem with the Lakers?

Go stir up muck somewhere where your posts aren't so transparently phony.

[/QUOTE]

Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom didn't walk away from guaranteed contracts from the Lakers.

They didn't take 1/2 the money to play for another team over LA.

[/QUOTE]

And your point is?  (Other than you're a Laker troll trying desperately to masquerade as a Celtics fan.)

[/QUOTE]

My point is: Why is this happening? I am very concerned. We get ignored left and right from free agents and we have our own guys walking away or signing for 1/2 the money.

The racist thing was dumb and should not have been brought up in this thread.

It covers over a legitimate point that I brought up which should have led to some reasonable dialogue.

[/QUOTE]

If you want "reasonable dialouge" start a reasonable thread.  Dooling and Sheed retired.  Ray was a Free Agent, he did not walk away from a guaranteed contract, he chose to sign a contract with another team.  He wants another ring, and could no longer co-exist with Rondo.

The only legitimate one there is Ray, and he chose to leave - his case was different than the other two!

[/QUOTE]

Players come and go for different reasons and we can speculate all we want but it's a waste of time.  Is it that Boston is a racist town that keeps players away?  That was the stigma many years ago but I don't believe that to be the case now.  Many players prefer warmer climates to live and spend their millions.  Most players once in Boston love the city and its people.  Ray and Sheed only have nice things to say about Boston.  Sheed was wanting to come back to Boston to play last year but things didn't work out.  Al Jefferson and Perk hated to leave Boston as did D. West.

Players leave on their own accord for many reasons we will never know.  Shaq left L.A. at a time where he could have probably won a few more championships with Kobe.  Was it basketball issues, personal issues or just not liking L.A.?  Shaq never thought he would play in Boston but once here has nothing but fond memories of the city, franchise and teammates.  But his health ushered him out of the league.

This is a stupid post.  Let's keep it to some intelligent basketball debates.  That stands for L.A. fans on here and Boston fans.  Pick up your games and stop acting like pre schoolers.

Looking forward to the camps to start and season to begin so that all basketball related offseason debates can be played out on the courts we are all so fond of.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I think that there are a few things Celtic's and Laker fans can agree on.  We love our teams, the game and the rivalry.  Lets get this season started!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You need to find a different subject worth talking about.  Who care what the 12th man on the roster had going through his head when he retired from a vet min contract?!  You can't tell me that the Celtics haven't had one of the best teams in the NBA along with the Lakers the last 5 years even with the so called scrubs you say they attract.  And you certainly can't tell anyone who has any knowledge of the NBA that if Shaq wanted to actually stay in L.A. that franchise wouldn't have found away to keep him!

You are making yourself sound like a complete JACK***!  Come with intelligent basketball stuff to debate.  You are making some of the best fans in the NBA, Laker and Celtic, bored of this blog with the stupid stuff coming out of your melon, just so you can be heard by others.  And let me tell you that you are the definition of "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid, than open it and let people know your stupid."

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You need to find a different subject worth talking about.  Who care what the 12th man on the roster had going through his head when he retired from a vet min contract?!  You can't tell me that the Celtics haven't had one of the best teams in the NBA along with the Lakers the last 5 years even with the so called scrubs you say they attract.  And you certainly can't tell anyone who has any knowledge of the NBA that if Shaq wanted to actually stay in L.A. that franchise wouldn't have found away to keep him!

You are making yourself sound like a complete JACK***!  Come with intelligent basketball stuff to debate.  You are making some of the best fans in the NBA, Laker and Celtic, bored of this blog with the stupid stuff coming out of your melon, just so you can be heard by others.  And let me tell you that you are the definition of "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your stupid, than open it and let people know your stupid."

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

1.) Let the question be asked.  How many people on this blog think this foolishness of a thread is relevant?  See what you get for results.

2.) Not looking to really start threads.  Just debate what's out there.  Unfortunately this blog is  filled with stupid threads like this one.

3.)  As far as only 73 post....  That's a hell of a lot more than I thought I had.  A good rule of thumb I go by and maybe you should too.  "Sometimes less is more"

4.)  Your still in denial about Shaq.  So out of shape he won a ring in Miami with an inferior roster and bench to L.A.  Now if you make the argument, Kobe over Shaq at that point in their careers, you take Kobe, no question.  But if they (Shaq and Kobe) could co exist, they have no thoughts of trading him.  He pretty much gave them the "It's him or me" option.

5.)  If you didn't reference all guys at the last breath of their careers as examples, you may have had a credible argument.  But you didn't so it's not. 

Sections
Shortcuts