A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head

The Big Three, are the reason why Celtics lost two straight game, as the Jewish man will tell you that, "A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head"
    We should stop blaming the new guys or other individual plyers.

If something goes wrong in a home, a school, a country, a job place, or in any organization, the leaders are to be blamed, so, such is the case with the Celtics. The Big Three are the reason for our two straight losses.

As the leaders of the team, if they come out very aggessive and ready to play, the rest of the team will follow suit.  And if they come out layed-back and not ready to play, the rest of the team will also follow suit.  As the leaders go, so is the followers.

So let's blame The Big Three for our two straight losses.

If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head

So who was blaming the subs for the loss?  I haven't seen one post blaming the subs for the loss......not even the players are blaming the bench nor is Doc.  So, who are you talking to?  We all know its the starters.  But, we also know the starters are wearing down due to the minutes they've had to play all season.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Wow,

The team changes, they have two bad games, and look at you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Big 3 are just tired. 

Remember 2008, when the Celts won 66 games and were looking like they were going to cruise in the playoffs? The Celtics almost lost in the 1st round of the playoffs that year. Sometimes struggling in the regular season is not such a bad thing. 

It's a long season, there will be stretches where teams have tired players. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head:
    [QUOTE]The Big Three, are the reason why Celtics lost two straight game, as the Jewish man will tell you that, "A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head" We should stop blaming the new guys or other individual plyers. If something goes wrong in a home, a school, a country, a job place, or in any organization, the leaders are to be blamed, so, such is the case with the Celtics. The Big Three are the reason for our two straight losses. As the leaders of the team, if they come out very aggessive and ready to play, the rest of the team will follow suit.  And if they come out layed-back and not ready to play, the rest of the team will also follow suit.  As the leaders go, so is the followers. So let's blame The Big Three for our two straight losses. If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Another perfect example of the Boston Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals.

The Boston Globetrotters should have enough talent on any given night to play against a team that has inferior talent and is playing off a script that directs them how to lose.

You can easily argue the Cs are missing their 4th, 6th, and 7th best players and have been for a while.  They lost their 8th best player and traded away several of their players to acquire what to me are now their 6th and 7th best players and need to be integrated.

Rotting from the head?  Nope... having injuries to key players and not getting expected contributions coupled with a trade that will hopefully help in the future.

There will be another trade like this next year if Danny has any hope of ever handing off a contender to his successor.  I don't think he can but at least they have two trade bait players going forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head:
    [QUOTE]So who was blaming the subs for the loss?  I haven't seen one post blaming the subs for the loss......not even the players are blaming the bench nor is Doc.  So, who are you talking to?  We all know its the starters.  But, we also know the starters are wearing down due to the minutes they've had to play all season.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You have not seen any post blaming Rondo?
    You have not seen any post blaming Murphy?
    You have not seen any post blaming Naned for lack of defense?

I can on and on. Do some research. If I didn't see no post, why would I write such things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head:
    [QUOTE]The Big Three, are the reason why Celtics lost two straight game, as the Jewish man will tell you that, "A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head" We should stop blaming the new guys or other individual plyers. If something goes wrong in a home, a school, a country, a job place, or in any organization, the leaders are to be blamed, so, such is the case with the Celtics. The Big Three are the reason for our two straight losses. As the leaders of the team, if they come out very aggessive and ready to play, the rest of the team will follow suit.  And if they come out layed-back and not ready to play, the rest of the team will also follow suit.  As the leaders go, so is the followers. So let's blame The Big Three for our two straight losses. If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Chief, Are you Rondo's agent trying to deflect criticism away from boy wonder?

Just asking.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

(1) the point guard averages fewer points than assists

(2) the point guard average fewer than one assist more than the league leader

(3) the point guard is nowhere near the leader in scoring point guards

(4) the point guard is the worst free throw shooter in the league

(5) the point guard is the worst finisher in the league

(6) the point guard starts with 4 hall of famers

(7) the point guard's assists have declined dramatically since he lost his starting center and his coach charged him with becoming more aggressive shooting and going to the hoop - his shooting percentage has declined dramatically and his assists have gone down - his coach has asked him to become a more prototypical point guard and he has shown that he can't

(8) he cannot make clutch free throws

(9) he cannot finish

(10) he hates that his team makes the extra pass

(11) he creates 3 second violations and clock shot violations because he pounds the ball into the floor and puts pressure on the team.....

Rotting from the head?  Nope... Doc has nothing to do with nor does Danny.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Chief, I said there are no posts blaming the subs for the last 2 losses.  I stand by that.  Rondo is a starter and one of the leaders. He's not a sub.  No one who's criticizing Murphy thinks that he is the cause of a loss.  He's terrible, but he doesn't matter to the win/loss issue.   Krstic's interior D is a problem, but I see most of that heat being given to (a) Rondo and Ray letting their men penetrate and (b) folks thinking KG is not playing as strong defense inside as he usually does.

Most, if not EVERYONE, thinks that this is on the starters AND that the starters are just wearing down due to the minutes.  most of the issues you hear about the subs are about the full season, not the last 2 losses.  Read carefully.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Chief:

What did you mean when you recently described your client young Rondo as "constructively defiant?"

Would you clarify? Inquiring minds want to know.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

here's a question for you puddinpuddin:

why do you hide your post history?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Chief... it used to be the Big Four.

Now only three?

Is that why your client is moping just a bit.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]here's a question for you puddinpuddin: why do you hide your post history?
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

maybe he doesn't want p34 diggin around 2 years back and doing expose's that seem more like stalking!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i don't think ANYONE, not a single person has blamed murphy for these losses.  rather, they are wondering aloud (with great justfiication as murph looks like spit with an "H") whether murph will contribute to the team at any point or is he just a temporary roster spot filler.

i think we'd all like to see something of the murph that has performed pretty well for himself in the last several years of the league, that's all.  his 6 minutes a game never were going to be a difference maker.

i've only seen praise heaped upon krstic, he's been great on offense and good enough on defense to make him a significant net gain over perkins.

i missed the threads riding krstic and blaming him for losses, do you have a link?  or a link for green being blamed either- haven't seen that.  green was the only one who showed up to play vs. philly!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]i don't think ANYONE, not a single person has blamed murphy for these losses.  rather, they are wondering aloud (with great justfiication as murph looks like spit with an "H") whether murph will contribute to the team at any point or is he just a temporary roster spot filler. i think we'd all like to see something of the murph that has performed pretty well for himself in the last several years of the league, that's all.  his 6 minutes a game never were going to be a difference maker. i've only seen praise heaped upon krstic, he's been great on offense and good enough on defense to make him a significant net gain over perkins. i missed the threads riding krstic and blaming him for losses, do you have a link?  or a link for green being blamed either- haven't seen that.  green was the only one who showed up to play vs. philly!!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I think Chief is reacting to some set of posts the rest of us haven't seen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head : maybe he doesn't want p34 diggin around 2 years back and doing expose's that seem more like stalking!
    p34's in a different orbit, puddinpuddin's got no concern w/ him. or maybe by p34 you mean me. dunno. stand up posters don't hide their history. if one is going to come here and be as prolifically obnoxious as he is under the guise of being a celtics fan, one should expect a bit of scrutiny. puddinpuddin knows this and is having none of it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

My orbit is closer to Earth than some of the posters here. I don't say stuff like Anthony Tolliver is just as good, if not better, than Glen Davis. Or Antoine Walker ranks higher than Paul Pierce among Celtic Greats. Saying that Pierce is only 14th while Toine is 13th on the list of Celtic Greats is way, way out of orbit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head : maybe he doesn't want p34 diggin around 2 years back and doing expose's that seem more like stalking!

I can't imagine why someone would want to go back thru my library of rants. No expose's there. Just the same old tired tripe... recycled endlessly.

But yes, I do enjoy more than my share of admiring stalkers... most of whom are on IGNORE!

Works better that way.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE](1) the point guard averages fewer points than assists (2) the point guard average fewer than one assist more than the league leader (3) the point guard is nowhere near the leader in scoring point guards (4) the point guard is the worst free throw shooter in the league (5) the point guard is the worst finisher in the league (6) the point guard starts with 4 hall of famers (7) the point guard's assists have declined dramatically since he lost his starting center and his coach charged him with becoming more aggressive shooting and going to the hoop - his shooting percentage has declined dramatically and his assists have gone down - his coach has asked him to become a more prototypical point guard and he has shown that he can't (8) he cannot make clutch free throws (9) he cannot finish (10) he hates that his team makes the extra pass (11) he creates 3 second violations and clock shot violations because he pounds the ball into the floor and puts pressure on the team..... Rotting from the head?  Nope... Doc has nothing to do with nor does Danny.......ill admit that nothing that ive said up to this point make sense, so just ignore me and let me hate my point guard.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

1. whats so terrible about that considering who he plays with? do we need him to be the leading scorer?
    2. your COMPLAINING. bc he doesnt LEAD THE LEAGUE by enough...hmm. 
    3. refer to #1.
    4. is he really? worst in the league? is that a fact?
    5. This is just a stupid STUPID claim. im ignoring it.
    6. sooo he sucks bc he starts with 4 HOF'ers? im not sure what ur getting at
    7. as anyones assists would decline wen they lose a good player that they go to alot.
    8. has he ever had to? is there any proof of this?
    9. u kinda already said that in #5..
    10. you have talked to him and he told you that? ok..
    11. halfly true i guess? he runs plays from the top of the key, and gets everyone in their positions..but ok. ill give that to you. 

ahhh, as long as you admit that, i think everyone will feel better. lol people fishing for knocks against a player are funny..wonder how long it took him to make this list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head : p34's in a different orbit, puddinpuddin's got no concern w/ him. or maybe by p34 you mean me. dunno. stand up posters don't hide their history. if one is going to come here and be as prolifically obnoxious as he is under the guise of being a celtics fan, one should expect a bit of scrutiny. puddinpuddin knows this and is having none of it.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

yeah, i guess so. i don't even know how to hide my history nor do i care to.  i stand behind all the BS i scoop out.  just making a humorous comment.  some of these guys must spend hours digging up musty old quotes using that history though!  Surprised

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

jamez- i could consider buying most of what you dished out except the assists going down b/c no more perkins.  there was NO perkins-rondo connection.  a point guard cannot connect with a 5 who has stone hands with a glass outer skin to boot.

perksins got his #'s on put backs, broken plays, and occasionally very painful post ups that took a long time to execute.  almost none of the points came on fast moving plays involving rajon.

on the other hand, comparatively, krstic is an assist waiting to happen!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Fish Starts To Rot From It's Head : yeah, i guess so. i don't even know how to hide my history nor do i care to.  i stand behind all the BS i scoop out.  just making a humorous comment.  some of these guys must spend hours digging up musty old quotes using that history though! 

acie,

You only need a sharp memory to dig up those BS. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

@acie, i thought he was talking about shaq..thats who i was referring to.

Sections
Shortcuts