A good but complex 4 team trade idea that helps everyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A good but complex 4 team trade idea that helps everyone

I'd love to see something like this is couple weeks or so (when Stauskas can be traded):

Boston --> Nik Stauskas, Otto Porter, Jason Thompson, Jonas Jerebko, Derrick Williams, Travis Outlaw and the Kings unprotected 2017 1st rd pick. (27.5 million coming in, 41m leaving)

Detroit --> Brandon Bass, Gerald Wallace, Martell Webster and Jason Terry (28 coming in, 22.5m leaving)

Sacramento --> Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Vitor Faverani and Kyle Singler (30m coming in, 24m leaving)

Washington --> Jeff Green and Will Bynum (12m coming in, 10m leaving)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: A good but complex 4 team trade idea that helps everyone

How it helps the Celtics:

* The other 3 teams all go the max 125% over to help the Celtics save over 13 million (getting them below the cap?)

* The C's brass probably feels it is better to essentially spread Wallace's awful contract (2/20) over 3 years with the younger and more useful Thompson's contract being at 3/19. Does hurt 2016 cap space.

* In a rebuild it is better to take a one 6.7 million flyer on the 23 year old Williams while holding a team option (QO) over having one year at 9.2 million of the 28 year old Jeff Green who hold a player option. Both are combo-forward's. Post heart surgery Green has been a 17ppg/5rpg per 36 min player (ages 26 and 27) while Williams ages 20-22 has been a 15ppg/7.4rpg player.

* The Celtics can claim to have gotten Porter ('13 #3 pick), Stauskas ('14 #8 pick) and a future unprotected pick in 2017 (the only year in the next 4 they don't have multiple picks) for Rondo. By the 2016-17 season Smith and Rondo will be 31 and Gay 30. Rondo and Gay might not even sign there next year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This helps the Wiz by:

* Turning Webster and Porter, their backups to Beal and Pierce, into Bynum and Green. Webster was deserving of a larger role than 12-14 mins behind Beal. Bynum is perfect in that role and good alongside Andre Miller.

* Pierce can't be given more then 24-26 mins a game. A lot of pressure was going to be in Porter to be the heir apparent at SF and split time with Pierce. Now it goes to Green, who was excellent in that role in 2012-13 and can play some PF too if Nene gets hurt or when LeBron/Melo/Durant types play the stretch 4. 

This helps the Piston's by:

* Freeing them of 14 million of Smith in 2016-17 while making them (possibly) better. Instead of not having enough mins at PF for Smith and Monroe and forcing Josh to play lots of SF, they now split Smith's mins between a natural SF in Wallace and a natural PF in Bass

* AND get to have the good 3 point shooting Webster play both SG-SF, while the veteran Terry can do some mentoring in the backcourt (Jennings).

This helps Sacramento by:

* Making them relative again and (hopefully) exciting and playoff bound. 

* They keep McClemore, who still has a higher ceiling than Stauskas and his 3-point shooting will be desperately needed with the 3 poor outside shooters beside him. 

* They add a bruiser in Fav to backup Boogie. Landry and Smith at PF and Gay and Smith at SF is a great 3-man weave at forward. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This helps the Wiz by:

* Turning Webster and Porter, their backups to Beal and Pierce, into Bynum and Green. Webster was deserving of a larger role than 12-14 mins behind Beal. Bynum is perfect in that role and good alongside Andre Miller.

* Pierce can't be given more then 24-26 mins a game. A lot of pressure was going to be in Porter to be the heir apparent at SF and split time with Pierce. Now it goes to Green, who was excellent in that role in 2012-13 and can play some PF too if Nene gets hurt or when LeBron/Melo/Durant types play the stretch 4. 

This helps the Piston's by:

* Freeing them of 14 million of Smith in 2016-17 while making them (possibly) better. Instead of not having enough mins at PF for Smith and Monroe and forcing Josh to play lots of SF, they now split Smith's mins between a natural SF in Wallace and a natural PF in Bass

* AND get to have the good 3 point shooting Webster play both SG-SF, while the veteran Terry can do some mentoring in the backcourt (Jennings).

This helps Sacramento by:

* Making them relative again and (hopefully) exciting and playoff bound. 

* They keep McClemore, who still has a higher ceiling than Stauskas and his 3-point shooting will be desperately needed with the 3 poor outside shooters beside him. 

* They add a bruiser in Fav to backup Boogie. Landry and Smith at PF and Gay and Smith at SF is a great 3-man weave at forward. 

[/QUOTE]

Dude......who gives a F#%K. Are you serious...? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Your high! Rame your better than this.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

I have to admit, I like the Stauskas, Porter & 2017 first rounder for Rondo if we are going to cut him loose unless there's a "big" available like Meyers Leonard in a similar package.

That said, if RR doesn't bring a potential superstar or at least perennial all-star player in return, we are screwed or at a minimum set back a few years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to admit, I like the Stauskas, Porter & 2017 first rounder for Rondo if we are going to cut him loose unless there's a "big" available like Meyers Leonard in a similar package.

That said, if RR doesn't bring a potential superstar or at least perennial all-star player in return, we are screwed or at a minimum set back a few years.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, glad you agree that that is a decent haul for Rondo. Not sure why the other two guys had to be jerks on this site, I just felt the deal was so complex and included so many names it needed justification that it could work and wasn't just one sided in the C's favor like so many are.

It can also be done as a 3-teamer with DET and SAC:

Celtics --> Thompson, Stauskas, Outlaw, Bynum, Williams, '17 pick

Kings --> Rondo, Smith

Pistons --> Wallace, Bass, Terry

And a separate 2 team trade:

Celtics --> Webster, Porter

Wizards --> Green

But in that rendition we are dropping 5 players to add 7 when our roster is already full. I think the Pistons being able to drop 4.5 million of Jerebko for 5.4 million of Webster, who fills a bigger need (the departed Stuckey) would just make it more appealing for Detroit. Talent wise they pay an extra 5 million here for less talent than in the other deal and Boston has to basically cut Outlaw and Bynum, eating 6 million (or else involve Bogans somehow?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, glad you agree that that is a decent haul for Rondo. Not sure why the other two guys had to be jerks on this site, I just felt the deal was so complex and included so many names it needed justification that it could work and wasn't just one sided in the C's favor like so many are.

It can also be done as a 3-teamer with DET and SAC:

Celtics --> Thompson, Stauskas, Outlaw, Bynum, Williams, '17 pick

Kings --> Rondo, Smith

Pistons --> Wallace, Bass, Terry

And a separate 2 team trade:

Celtics --> Webster, Porter

Wizards --> Green

But in that rendition we are dropping 5 players to add 7 when our roster is already full. I think the Pistons being able to drop 4.5 million of Jerebko for 5.4 million of Webster, who fills a bigger need (the departed Stuckey) would just make it more appealing for Detroit. Talent wise they pay an extra 5 million here for less talent than in the other deal and Boston has to basically cut Outlaw and Bynum, eating 6 million (or else involve Bogans somehow?)

[/QUOTE]

Jerks?

Once again you're attacking other posters on this board for being realistic!

Celts give up 3 of their best players for role players and unproven players?

HAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

It's a good complex 4-team trade that will never happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a good complex 4-team trade that will never happen.

[/QUOTE]

If only they had included a pack of Pall Mall's it would have worked!

IT'S ALWAYS THE LITTLE DETAILS THAT GET YOU!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

personally, id rather watch Rondo walk in free agency next summer for nothing than to trade him for a bunch of role players. We already have plenty of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

personally, id rather watch Rondo walk in free agency next summer for nothing than to trade him for a bunch of role players. We already have plenty of them.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Something w can agree on...let the little malcontent walk and grab that cap space for a real all around PG, you know, one who can shoot and hit clutch free throws and who is not in need of mood stabilizers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

We already have our PG of the future. I'd rather use that $$ to upgrade on the wings. It is a shame that Danny gave Bradley that 4 year deal.  I would love for the Celtics to have a long, athletic, and offensively explosive starting two guard, like Derozen, Bradley Beal, or even Gerald Green. 

Yes I would take Gerald Green over Bradley.  Not because I don't value defense, but I just think its more important that your defense comes from the bigs, not the guards.  I can't ever remember a great defensive team whose defense was based around their guards. And Michael's Bulls don't count, he had maybe the greatest defensive 3 in Scottie Pippin, and he had the Worm.

I think we can find our future SF in the draft. There are a lot of guys coming up in the 6'6" to 6'8" range that are skillful scorers. 

Watching Bradley NOT pass, and miss layup after layup is going to get really old, really fast. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

bradley is affordable talent.  He is always a potential trade chip if you draft a dynamic SG, or a pretty good defensive stopper/6th man off the bench.  Signing him was fine, not getting an established big other then Zeller was not.  The C's need more talent, much more talent, not less.  Log jams can be worked out later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

LOL!!!

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We already have our PG of the future. I'd rather use that $$ to upgrade on the wings. It is a shame that Danny gave Bradley that 4 year deal.  I would love for the Celtics to have a long, athletic, and offensively explosive starting two guard, like Derozen, Bradley Beal, or even Gerald Green. 

Yes I would take Gerald Green over Bradley.  Not because I don't value defense, but I just think its more important that your defense comes from the bigs, not the guards.  I can't ever remember a great defensive team whose defense was based around their guards. And Michael's Bulls don't count, he had maybe the greatest defensive 3 in Scottie Pippin, and he had the Worm.

I think we can find our future SF in the draft. There are a lot of guys coming up in the 6'6" to 6'8" range that are skillful scorers. 

Watching Bradley NOT pass, and miss layup after layup is going to get really old, really fast. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed....you need good D and rim protection from your bigs because it changes the way the opponents O plays...guards playing good D only does so much, especially if they cannot funnel good offensive players into the middle to be handled by great interior D...teams that cannot play good interior D do not win championships.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Young keeps growing they may already have their SF of the future.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Young keeps growing they may already have their SF of the future.  

[/QUOTE]

Could be. He has the frame to add some muscle, and if he can get to a point where he has a decent handle then I can see him being a good SF.  If he can't make major improvements in those two aspects however, I have a hard time seeing him as more than a very good SG off the bench.

Sections
Shortcuts