A key to the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Re: A key to the playoffs?

In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]all this + business that is currently sweeping the board is so 3 years ago.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Jordan had his 3rd double-double of the playoffs.
    He hasn't played more then 24 minutes in any game.

He is turning into a key player for the playoffs...

Another smart acquisition by the Lakers management.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]Jordan had his 3rd double-double of the playoffs. He hasn't played more then 24 minutes in any game. He is turning into a key player for the playoffs... Another smart acquisition by the Lakers management.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are extremely smart in having Mitch, and on the flip side the Celtics are pretty dumb to keep Danny around. This is just another example of why the Lakers are the premier franchise in the NBA while the Celtics are has beens just trying to keep up.Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : The Lakers are extremely smart in having Mitch, and on the flip side the Celtics are pretty dumb to keep Danny around. This is just another example of why the Lakers are the premier franchise in the NBA while the Celtics are has beens just trying to keep up.
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Yeah we are trying so hard to catch your 16 championships. oh wait we have 17 :) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Yeah we are trying so hard to catch your 16 championships. oh wait we have 17 :) 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

How many of those 17 titles have you witnessed in your lifetime?  Just sayin' Win back to back titles with a 40 year span and then come and talk to me.

Thanks for playing, my friend.

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : How many of those 17 titles have you witnessed in your lifetime?  Just sayin' Win back to back titles with a 40 year span and then come and talk to me. Thanks for playing, my friend.

All of them. Thanks for playing +12 for me of course. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : All of them. Thanks for playing +12 for me of course. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a plus 12.  

The other obvious proof that the Lakers are still trying to catch the Celtics is the fact that all these laker trolls hang out over here.

I doubt Elven chills over on the Timberwolves message board much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : All of them. Thanks for playing +12 for me of course. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Since you have witnessed all 17, can you please explain to me how it feels to go 22 years without a championship? As a Laker fan, I have never had to endure such a long span. Must be extremely hard for you to remember how it really feels to win back to back titles, huh?

Laughing

Lakers win CONSISTENTLY

Celtics win 1 OCCASIONALY (every 22 years)

Thanks again for playing! Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Since you have witnessed all 17, can you please explain to me how it feels to go 22 years without a championship? As a Laker fan, I have never had to endure such a long span. Must be extremely hard for you to remember how it really feels to win back to back titles, huh? Lakers win CONSISTENTLY Celtics win 1 OCCASIONALY (every 22 years) Thanks again for playing!

It probably doesn't feel that bad.  Considering his team has won more championships in his lifetime than any other. 

I started watching the Celtics in the mid 70's.  Even when they stunk for a long time I still was way into the team and still felt lucky that I was rooting for a team then had won more than any other.

It would be somewhat moronic to feel any other way.  I always feel lucky to be a Celtics fan.  Lakers fans should feel the same way.

Relax little guy.  It's going to be okay.  And thanks about being so polite about thanking people that play with you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Since you have witnessed all 17, can you please explain to me how it feels to go 22 years without a championship? As a Laker fan, I have never had to endure such a long span. Must be extremely hard for you to remember how it really feels to win back to back titles, huh? Lakers win CONSISTENTLY Celtics win 1 OCCASIONALY (every 22 years) Thanks again for playing!

Lakers win less

Celtics win more.

Thanks for playing. :) +10 for me again. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Lakers win less Celtics win more. Thanks for playing. :) +10 for me again. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

That is why he is here man. Because the Celtics win more.  and it eats him up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : That is why he is here man. Because the Celtics win more.  and it eats him up.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

yeah, it causes them alot of pain and suffering. if my team was 3-9 in the finals against his team I'd be on a Laker board lashing out. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : yeah, it causes them alot of pain and suffering. if my team was 3-9 in the finals against his team I'd be on a Laker board lashing out. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I hear you.  I mean he hangs out on a Celtics board and then tries and pretend that he thinks the Celtics are irrelevant.

what a genius.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : I hear you.  I mean he hangs out on a Celtics board and then tries and pretend that he thinks the Celtics are irrelevant. what a genius.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

The Celtics with the exception of 1 year have been irrelevant. Thanks for pointing that out. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : The Celtics with the exception of 1 year have been irrelevant. Thanks for pointing that out.

17 titles are less irrelevant than 16. +10 for me :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Celtics = Islanders = Edmonton Oilers = Pirates.
    Great in a different generation.
    Has Beens...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics = Islanders = Edmonton Oilers = Pirates. Great in a different generation. Has Beens...
    Kind of like Kobe +10 for me. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics = Islanders = Edmonton Oilers = Pirates. Great in a different generation. Has Beens...

Excellent observation. Cool

Lakers win consistently, thuas the huge fan base varied with all ages.

Celtics win 1 every 22 years. Sad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Excellent observation. Lakers win consistently, thuas the huge fan base varied with all ages. Celtics win 1 every 22 years. Sad.

9 straight was prett xonsitent. most againsth te lowly Lakers :) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : 9 straight was prett xonsitent. most againsth te lowly Lakers :) 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

For many of those Championships Boston only had to win 8 games to win the title. Ewwwwww...........

How many times has Boston won the championship when they had to get through 4 series where they had to win a total of 16 games to win the title?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : For many of those Championships Boston only had to win 8 games to win the title. Ewww www........... How many times has Boston won the championship when they had to get through 4 series where they had to win a total of 16 games to win the title?

Yes, and we only had to win 4 over the Lakers :) + 10 for me. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Lakers win less Celtics win more. Thanks for playing. :) +10 for me again. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Just a little fact

The Lakers have the best winning percentage in NBA history

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516332

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : Just a little fact The Lakers have the best winning percentage in NBA history http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516332
    Posted by dirty52[/QUOTE]

It's all about the rings. thanks for playing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A key to the playoffs? : For many of those Championships Boston only had to win 8 games to win the title. Ewww www........... How many times has Boston won the championship when they had to get through 4 series where they had to win a total of 16 games to win the title?

Sad that half of those 8 wins were against my beloved Lakers.  We just couldn't handle the heat.  The Beantown boys were too much for us.  Then like now we were all about stats instead of teamwork.  I guess we all know how that worked out.  Maybe someday we can play team ball like the Classy Celtics team.  I am aftraid the C's would be blowing the doors off the lowly Nuggets while my team struggles to beat them. Oh well we will enjoy as I think we only have one series left after this.

Go Lakers!!!!