A little Perspective for the Whiners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

A little Perspective for the Whiners

It seems like all the Perk apologists and Danny Hatersare out in full force now that the playoffs have started.

I just wanna know...why are so many people complaining about the state of the team after going up 2-0?  These were the 1st 2 playoff games these guys have played together.  It isnt gonna look great right away.  The Bulls are at 3-0, but they have been far from dominant...it has taken a great last minute effort on the bulls part to pull out every win, and they have the same team they entered the year with.

So why cant people cut this team some slack and realize we are in a good position.  People are already pointed to the trade as a failure as if we just got swept!  We have just a good a chance of sweeping the knicks as the Bulls and Heat do with their opponents.  Only the Heat have had a blowout win and last night they were behind all game until the end of the 3rd.

The negativity in this sound S ucks!

Rose is a one man show, and the Bulls are getting bailed out because Indy doesnt have a closer.

The Celtics have 3.  Would you rather have one MVP or 4 all-stars?

We have all seen the MPV's get shutdown when the going gets tough....Lebron anyone?

I admit the Heat have looked ok, a bunch of young studs strutting their stuff, its all coming together..except for they are playing the sixers who have a star in Eagledollar who cant throw a rock in the ocean and Brand is the go to guy.  Thats a joke.

Relax, and let the playoffs play out.  You heard it here first.  The Celtics will Sweep the Knicks! 

Now if we get swept by the Heat after that, I will be dissapointed, but Im not gonna go looking for Danny, he got us one in 08', and I am thankful and dont forget when the heat were first assembled, All I heard was they were a shoe in for the finals..and it wouldnt even be close...so Hey, if it happens, thats what was predicted...Our big 3 did it the 1st year together...so if so, you just gotta tip your cap to the Heat then....but Please stop compaining about a 2-0 playoff team that had the most changes on their roster than any other playoff team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: A little Perspective for the Whiners

I agee with some of your points, except that Miami has been playing better and the series against them is going to be very difficult.   I certainly don't believe that we lose every game against Miami, but if that happens, many will be very disappointed.  Chicago even though they have won every game isnt' really dominating these games.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I have no problem if we go out to the Heat, and yes I did say in the thread they are playing better and its all coming together, Im just not conceding anything until we play them, cuz the sixers have no firepower..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to A little Perspective for the Whiners:
    [QUOTE]It seems like all the Perk apologists and Danny Hatersare out in full force now that the playoffs have started. I just wanna know...why are so many people complaining about the state of the team after going up 2-0?  These were the 1st 2 playoff games these guys have played together.  It isnt gonna look great right away.  The Bulls are at 3-0, but they have been far from dominant...it has taken a great last minute effort on the bulls part to pull out every win, and they have the same team they entered the year with. So why cant people cut this team some slack and realize we are in a good position.  People are already pointed to the trade as a failure as if we just got swept!  We have just a good a chance of sweeping the knicks as the Bulls and Heat do with their opponents.  Only the Heat have had a blowout win and last night they were behind all game until the end of the 3rd. The negativity in this sound S ucks! Rose is a one man show, and the Bulls are getting bailed out because Indy doesnt have a closer. The Celtics have 3.  Would you rather have on MVP or 4 all-stars? We have all seen the MPV's get shutdown when the going gets tough....Lebron anyone? I admit the Heat have looked ok, a bunch of young studs strutting their stuff, its all coming together..except for they are playing the sixers who have a star in Eagledollar who cant throw a rock in the ocean and Brand is the go to guy.  Thats a joke. Relax, and let the playoffs play out.  You heard it here first.  The Celtics will Sweep the Knicks!  Now if we get swept by the Heat after that, I will be dissapointed, but Im not gonna go looking for Danny, he got us one in 08', and I am thankful and dont forget when the heat were first assembled, All I heard was they were a shoe in for the finals..and it wouldnt even be close...so Hey, if it happens, thats what was predicted...Our big 3 did it the 1st year together...so if so, you just gotta tip your cap to the Heat then....but Please stop compaining about a 2-0 playoff team that had the most changes on their roster than any other playoff team.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

If it's okay with Jay-bird, I'm going to stick with whining... even if we sweep the once powerful but now pitiful  Knicks.

If Rondo can get away with whining (about Perk, PF, boredom, hurt pinkie, perk, homesick, his agent, bad ankle, Perk, fatigue...)  why can't I?

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

C's should sweep this one, especially with Billups and Amare questionable.  They have demonstrated time and again that they will play down to their competition.  Conversely, they raise their level against the better teams.  As long as they keep winning, who cares?  In the words of Alfred E. Newman, "What, me worry?".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: A little Perspective for the Whiners:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A little Perspective for the Whiners : If it's okay with Jay-bird, I'm going to stick with whining... even if we sweep the once powerful but now pitiful  Knicks. If Rondo can get away with whining (about Perk, PF, boredom, hurt pinkie, perk, homesick, his agent, bad ankle, Perk, fatigue...)  why can't I? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I think its pretty clear at this point that you and dudder will whine about everything...it doesnt even matter if we win or not...I could care less if you are a celtics fan or not...but I really dont think either of you are.  If you are, then you guys really need to find out why y'all are so salty and grumpy. I think it has something to do with you personally.  You guys just love complaining, and you have never seen a rondo thread and not commented the same b.s. you always say. I feel bad for you and hope you can fix the ailments that make you a misreable person.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Hmm,

I still think the team can turn things around, but it will take some work, some thought, attitude adjustment and some learning by many players. Shaq may be back this week-end.

So far, however, the Perk trade is not looking so good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A little Perspective for the Whiners : I think its pretty clear at this point that you and dudder will whine about everything...it doesnt even matter if we win or not...I could care less if you are a celtics fan or not...but I really dont think either of you are.  If you are, then you guys really need to find out why y'all are so salty and grumpy. I think it has something to do with you personally.  You guys just love complaining, and you have never seen a rondo thread and not commented the same b.s. you always say. I feel bad for you and hope you can fix the ailments that make you a misreable person.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked  you had me on IGNORE!

BTW... Rondo taught me everything I know about whining... and I work a whole lot cheaper... can hit FTs and wide open 6 footers... and don't miss Perk at all.

And I won't miss Rondo either.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Pay attention...only guy I have put on ignore is Eldunker, unless you are him too

You guys are too funny to put on ignore...I enjoy seeing you eat crow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dont quit your day job....

Thats the problem...everyone thinks they can do a better job than Rondo while sitting on their fat arses....give it a break man...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm, I still think the team can turn things around, but it will take some work, some thought, attitude adjustment and some learning by many players. Shaq may be back this week-end. So far, however, the Perk trade is not looking so good.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

I agree it will take some work to continue improving.  I think some players have to step up, particularly the bench players.  But,  I am not sure that attitude is the issue.  I believe all players on all teams at this point are only focused on the best basketball they can play......but a good attitude doesn't equate to success.  it takes skill, legs, strength, speed, agility, and some luck.  In addition, this year, the teams are deeper.  The Knicks are better than any number 6 seed that was there last year.   This is why we needed a higher seed - so we don't wear ourselves out playing tough teams in round one.  I really wish we were playing Indiana or Philly right now and not the dangerous Knicks.

But, I think the Celts are "Road Warriors" and will come through.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm, I still think the team can turn things around, but it will take some work, some thought, attitude adjustment and some learning by many players. Shaq may be back this week-end. So far, however, the Perk trade is not looking so good.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

You talk like DA traded Perkins to improve the team.Perkins was traded because he rejected the team 2 extension offers.He was going to walk away in the end of the seasson.With the trade we got a good back up center,a young wing player and a first round draft choice.Better than getting nothing in return,right.\?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

its funny how Billecheck gets praised for doing things like that....I guess his 3 rings as G.M. to dannys 1 is not enough for people...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think once we dispatch the Knicks, the C's are going to steal game #1 vs the Heat and take homecourt advantage back.

Celtics win
    Heat win
    Celtics win
    Celtics win
    Heat win
    Celtics win

I know I know let's beat NY first. The quicker we can beat NY the better. Thanks Philly!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Anyone notice the TV shots of Spike Lee before KG smoked the Knicks?  Wonder why they didn't show him after KG smoked the Knicks?  Having a grown (?) man cry while dressed up like a 42 St. purveyor in Knicks duds probably wasn't fit for kids to see.  Just one look at his mouth open to his ankles would have been worth a win in itself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

lmao....I think Spike needs to lose the beard too....he looks like a homeless man, all fired up cuz he got free tickets!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I could care less about being up 2-0 against the ny knicks,  I care about how we are playing, which is really bad. This type of effort will not get it done against the elite teams like miami and chicago. I hope they can turn it on later but why wouldnt they have already turned it on, the playoffs have begun. 

The cs are going to regret not going a 100% for the 1 seed. They now have to beat BOTH miami and chicago on the road. Tough task.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No one sent a letter to your house garuanteeing you a celtics championship...so what if they lose TO the Bulls....or the Heat...All I have heard all year is how they are so much better than us.....so be it.

As far as playing bad...the starters have been ok, and the bench has struggled as usual.  The knicks have had 2 monster performances from their stars in game 1 and game 2, our bench was thoroughly outplayed and we still won.  The bench cant play any worse, and the knicks probably cant play any better.

What Team that won a title that you know of had an easy road to all victories?

Of course Miami and Chicago will be tough, but unlike you, our players are gonna show up and give it their all instead of conceding a loss because of the hype of one team.  You think Chicago is having an easy time?...they are the 1 against 8 matchup and have had just as close as games as we have....no offense, but you seem to lack common b-ball knowledge.

There is nothing owed to you or I or any other fan for that matter by this team.  When the big 3 got here, we all said we would be happy if they won one b4 it was over...this has already happened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Jay

When your a team like the celtics anything less than a championship is a dissapointment. Unlike the knicks, im not happy to just be here.  

I hope the cs turn it on, but like i said why havent they already done that? The playoffs have already started.   

As a fan im hopeful as a betting man, I wouldnt bet on it. And if you wanna put your money where your mouth is and bet the cs ill take your action  and I hope you win the bet too Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the only thing i would whine about...is

I wish the celts would attack the basket more... when they do that and play tough d everything else falls into place...

sometimes they just settle for the 10 footer when they should force the issue and attack the rim

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

C4life

The attitude adjustment must come from some of the bench players. Even when their offense is off, they need to be more agressive especially on defense. Offense comes and goes but defense can be brought every night because it is effort based and not "groove based". On offense the also need to take it to the hoop when they are cold, instead of shooting jumpers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Na, I need diaper money! lol

I honestly just think the knicks are a scrappy bunch...everyone should be playing hard in the playoff, the difference is teams like the knicks, sixers, Pacers are playing loose with no expectations while guys like Green and Kristic are new to boston and seemingly have the weight of the world on their shoulders so that pressure is making them play tight, IMO.  this is why I believe they will excel on the road without the fans gasping on their every move.

Im not happy either just to be here,.,..but I would rather be realistic in regards to the Heat.  Lets face it...if our bench dont play well its basically the old big 3 against the new.  We wouldnt be favorites and it should be hard.  The Heat are in their prime and our big 3 are on their last legs...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

[QUOTE]the only thing i would whine about...is I wish the celts would attack the basket more... when they do that and play tough d everything else falls into place... sometimes they just settle for the 10 footer when they should force the issue and attack the rim
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree they dont always attack the rim..PP does when he needs to and Rondo will sometimes..but if you are going to attack the rim you need to be able to do it off the dribble especially when the spacing in the half court offense sucks like it has been lately..I think the Cs attack the rim when they are in transition..but you need to get defensive stops to do that..if the spacing is good then they attack the the rim in the half court set..

I havent seen Big Baby attack the rim lately..he is in such a funk

I see alot of complaining on here about Perkins etc..The consistency of the offense is a big part of the problem..The Celtics need to sweep this series now..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Have any of you watched the OKC games?  Perk looks lost, he can't make a shot, he losses the play out of bound or commits a fouls.  Pretty much the same think he did in the playoffs last year.  The guy spends more time of the bench than on the court.  If he stayed he Boston he would be with the Heat next year is that what any of you want to see?

Oh and PUD is always on the Pats page bitching about the Pats pretty sure he's a NY fan!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I started a thread about our bench needing to step up a couple days back  and as I was watching the blazer and mavs game last night,  it struck me how much depth and support those teams had compared to the cs. The biggest thing is doc needs to stop taking out the whole starting unit he should just sub 1-2 guys at a time that way the bench players have the starters to help them out.

Sections
Shortcuts