A Lone Bright Spot / What's to be Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

A Lone Bright Spot / What's to be Done?

-

A lone bright spot

The play of Jermaine O’Neal has been inspiring.  When was the last time a Celtic center gathered five offensive rebounds?  JO has not even been incorporated into the offense yet he has been a major bright spot, yea, the lone bright spot for the Celtics. If the entire team had brought what Jo brought to the games we’d not be down 0 – 2. 

What’s to be done?

It’s really simple, if they want to have a chance then they had better start playing Celtic Basketball.  And match intensity with intensity. It’s time to man-up, Celtics, get yourselves off cruise-control and kick it up a notch.  Did the C’s lull themselves into thinking they were better than they are?  Into thinking that they could walk all over the Heat like they did the Knicks? 

I really thought that after a week off and time to practice the chemistry would have been better and that Kristic and Green would be more incorporated into the flow of the offense and defense.  That’s not been the case. 

Individually, two players, Rondo and KG,  have to look at what the Heat are doing to take them (and thus the whole team) out of their game. The Celtics need the entire team playing Celtic Basketball to overcome the Heat.  

I Believe! 

Even against long odds, I think the Celtics can beat the Heat but only if they get back to playing Celtic Basketball and give themselves a chance. 

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: A Lone Bright Spot / What's to be Done?

In Response to A Lone Bright Spot / What's to be Done?:
    - A lone bright spot   The play of Jermaine O’Neal has been inspiring.   When was the last time a Celtic center gathered five offensive rebounds?   JO has not even been incorporated into the offense yet he has been a major bright spot, yea, the lone bright spot for the Celtics. If the entire team had brought what Jo brought to the games we’d not be down 0 – 2.   What’s to be done?   It’s really simple, if they want to have a chance then they had better start playing Celtic Basketball .   And match intensity with intensity.   It’s time to man-up, Celtics, get yourselves off cruise-control and kick it up a notch.   Did the C’s lull themselves into thinking they were better than they are?   Into thinking that they could walk all over the Heat like they did the Knicks?   I really thought that after a week off and time to practice the chemistry would have been better and that Kristic and Green would be more incorporated into the flow of the offense and defense.   That’s not been the case.   Individually, two players, Rondo and KG,   have to look at what the Heat are doing to take them (and thus the whole team) out of their game.   The Celtics need the entire team playing Celtic Basketball to overcome the Heat.     I Believe!   Even against long odds, I think the Celtics can beat the Heat but only if they get back to playing Celtic Basketball and give themselves a chance.   Ski on Twitter http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Great points as usual. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

In Response to A Lone Bright Spot / What's to be Done?:Yes...I agree!
    - A lone bright spot   The play of Jermaine O’Neal has been inspiring.   When was the last time a Celtic center gathered five offensive rebounds?   JO has not even been incorporated into the offense yet he has been a major bright spot, yea, the lone bright spot for the Celtics. If the entire team had brought what Jo brought to the games we’d not be down 0 – 2.   What’s to be done?   It’s really simple, if they want to have a chance then they had better start playing Celtic Basketball .   And match intensity with intensity.   It’s time to man-up, Celtics, get yourselves off cruise-control and kick it up a notch.   Did the C’s lull themselves into thinking they were better than they are?   Into thinking that they could walk all over the Heat like they did the Knicks?   I really thought that after a week off and time to practice the chemistry would have been better and that Kristic and Green would be more incorporated into the flow of the offense and defense.   That’s not been the case.   Individually, two players, Rondo and KG,   have to look at what the Heat are doing to take them (and thus the whole team) out of their game.   The Celtics need the entire team playing Celtic Basketball to overcome the Heat.     I Believe!   Even against long odds, I think the Celtics can beat the Heat but only if they get back to playing Celtic Basketball and give themselves a chance.   Ski on Twitter http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Kristic can't get incorporated until he gets some minutes. He was getting that before JO got back. I actually would start him and bring JO off the bench. When Delonte and Green are playing offensively well, don't take them off the court. We were getting nothing from Ray on either end. Please stop posting BBD. If he can't match up this series, keep him on the bench. I am with you! A win Saturday night could go a long way I believe. They won game three in Philly and by all purposes it was obviously over. We need to put a bit of pressure back on them with a win. I still think they got some choke in them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Stop Wade...force Lebron to play hero ball. With the ball in Lebron's hands more, the Heat are more likely to slip back to their bad chemistry from earlier in the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

terrrapin, I agree about Baby.  Z is 7'2", Joel Anthony is an athletic big man as is Bosh and Lebron is known for his weak side shot blocking ability.  Other than hitting a couple mid-range jump shots, I don't see Baby being effective on the interior.  If all he can provide us is taking 2 charges on defense, I really don't know what his value is in this series.

Yet he gets so much playing time that it's incredible.  Krstic needs more playing time too.

I think Doc does not want to change his substitution pattern.  He's sticking to the pattern he uses for the number of minutes that each player plays before he substitutes them.  That has to be fluid for each game because each game is different.  He just cannot play JON 7 minutes and then automatically sub him because that's the pattern.  He cannot play guys and then take them out although they are contributing (Delonte and Green).  I'd love to see a game where Delonte and Green play 40 minutes.  If they are contributing, let them play.

RajonRondowski, very well put.  Right on on all points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Terrapin krystic and Green don't play defense. Defense, not offense wins championships. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: A Lone Bright Spot / What's to be Done?:

Kristic can't get incorporated until he gets some minutes. He was getting that before JO got back. I actually would start him and bring JO off the bench. When Delonte and Green are playing offensively well, don't take them off the court. We were getting nothing from Ray on either end. Please stop posting BBD. If he can't match up this series, keep him on the bench. I am with you! A win Saturday night could go a long way I believe. They won game three in Philly and by all purposes it was obviously over. We need to put a bit of pressure back on them with a win. I still think they got some choke in them.

Posted by terrrapin

I agree, they still got some choke in them.  That's a nice turn of phrase. I may borrow it from you.

But for the 2nd time I want to point out to someone misrepresenting Ray's play, that Ray had a great game in Game 1, practically keeping us in it single-handedly.

In Game 2 he only got seven atempts, the offense was so out of sync, and he had only one turnover of the teams 11+, while KG and the point guards combined for seven turnovers.   Ray has been one of the few guy who has played well throughout, with JO, and Delonte.  The Team-D has broken down and it's not on Ray alone to hold Wade or Jones scoreless -- that's impossible.  I just think it a gross misrepresentation to say we got nothing out of Ray.

Baby, on the other hand, has played hard, but the results just aren't there.

Kristic has had plenty of experience plus they just came off a week's practice, so I say put him out there, and tell him to shoot, and tell Rondo to look for him underneath, catch the Heat napping.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

Sections
Shortcuts