A look ahead... the draft/FA

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: A look ahead... the draft/FA

Denver gave Nene 5/67 last year, then swapped him for McGee

I think they match any offer of 4 years up to 50-55 million.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jason Thompson could be had for like 4/32 or something like thta, he is a long athletic guy who never played with a real PG and the team was in chaos

He would produce close to what McGee would here in Boston and save us 4-5 milliuon in cap space over a bigger offer like that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Javelle McGhee should be the primary FA target this offseason. Indy will do whatever to match for Hibbert. McGhee would look good in green next to KG

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Bass really likes his outside jumpers, as does KG, so the inside presence is lacking on O with both guys on the floor. A guy who I think still can grow who would come cheap is Craig Smith. BC alum and banger in the paint. He's never really been on a good team, and Portland has Hickson now. He could be a complement to KG, while Bass and Steamer could work together. They have cash, but they'd save a ton on him over some of these other options.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: A look ahead... the draft/FA:
    In Response to Re: A look ahead... the draft/FA : You think he'd be a better option as a RFA than Hawes as a FA if we go the serviceable center route?
    Posted by Mployee8

Yes

I think Hawes has about maxed out his talent and Thompson has not, even tho Hawes is actually a little younger. I'd be ok with a 12/7 from Hawes the next 4 years at 8 million (what OKC gave Perk) but not 11 million (what LAC gave DeAndre Jordan) then he prob becomes the next Raef LaFrentz. I just don't seee him as the 17/10 gu you give that kinda cash to. Thompson, running with Rondo and taking over the role KG has now down the road I can see as a 17/10 guy.

The Kings also have several other young guys to pay coming up, Chuck Hayes is owed 17 million the next 3 years and they clearly put the future of the franchise on Cousins, so maybe they won't match.

Thompson could be the kind of player you get for slightly less then he is worth while Hawes has been in the spotlight with a good postseason and will be paid slightly more than he is worth.

I also think Philly will be very interested in keeping Hawes. I think we can outbid them if we want b/c we have 3x as much cap space... but we shall see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Scenario 1 -KG retires:
    Rondo/Bradley
    Mayo/Lamb or Waiters
    PP/Pieturs
    Josh Smith (for Green, Bass etc)/Royce White
    McGee or Hibbert or Kaman/Hollins or Steamer

Scenario 2 - KG stays
    Rondo/Bradley
    Mayo/Lamb or Waiters
    PP/Green
    Humphries/Bass
    KG/Melo or Festus

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Philly wants to do a sign and trade involving Bass, Stiemsma and a 2nd rd pick for Hawes I will be all for it.

Hawes is going to give you the same points (mostly on jumpers) as Bass, 2-3 more rebounds and with 5 more inches on him is a much tougher matchup. Then his defense is comparable to Stiemsma but more refined/less hit or miss.

Bass picking up his 4m option is good and bad. It gives us a solid player for just around what he is worth, def slightly less based on his regular season (but spot on based on the dump he is taking in the playoffs) but 4m less to spend on others, and being a short jump shooting PF w/ avg D (at best) we'd really need to complement him with a tenacious guy on the boards.

With Hawes you replace/upgrade him seamlessly in the offense and if it is around 8 million that is only 2 million more than Steamer/Bass would cost.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah my feelings on Hawes are the same as they are on Kaman... who is basically Hawes only 7 years older...

If they want to take 7-9 million AND we find a way to use bass in the sign and trade or Bass is gone... then I am all for it... b/c they are 12/7 guys, but are 7' so upgrade a big weakness in Bass's game.

but if Bass picks up his option and no sign and trade materializes (or they want 9 million+) then I want a rebounder like Humphries, even at 10-11 million, over putting Hawes/Kaman on this team with Bass and KG both here as well. Or get a guy like Thompson or Jordan Hill who will get you 1-2 more boards than Hawes/Kaman, 1-2 less than Humphries, but run with Rondo and add more speed and fastbreak dunks to the teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yeah my feelings on Hawes are the same as they are on Kaman... who is basically Hawes only 7 years older... If they want to take 7-9 million AND we find a way to use bass in the sign and trade or Bass is gone... then I am all for it... b/c they are 12/7 guys, but are 7' so upgrade a big weakness in Bass's game. but if Bass picks up his option and no sign and trade materializes (or they want 9 million+) then I want a rebounder like Humphries, even at 10-11 million, over putting Hawes/Kaman on this team with Bass and KG both here as well. Or get a guy like Thompson or Jordan Hill who will get you 1-2 more boards than Hawes/Kaman, 1-2 less than Humphries, but run with Rondo and add more speed and fastbreak dunks to the teams.
    Posted by rameakap

If KG retires, we may be able to get both Thompson and Hill for the price of Kaman!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah the KG may retire talk is starting to heat up

that makes me sad, he clearly has a lot of good ball left and if we monitor his minutes like Pop w/ Duncan and add more bigs we could extend him at least 2 more year

some guys just want to go out on top, if not a title than at least displaying the skills, stats and dominant performances that leave fans with the impression of how special a talent they were.

If KG retires then they have some serious thinking to do about the future. I do think guys like Hill and Thompson near in age to Rondo would be great here with Bass, Avery, and the other picks.

Pierce would have a tough decision to make, b/c the Clippers will start worrying about if CP3 will extend and are clearly one more good proven player away from being a title contender over a 2nd rd team, he may want to go home rather than rebuild... but its always just so cool to see a HOFer go wire to wire w/ one club.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah, hard to see Paul walking away from 16.8 million though

KG has made 278 million so if putting his body through another 100 games next year really isn't something he is looking forward to... then is he's likely not going to come back at a 70% paycut (7-8 million), he'd only do that if he still has the desire and think the team can win.

Paul has made like half as much as KG, is a little younger and would likely spend the rest of his life thinking about what he coulda done with that 16.8 mi:-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yeah, hard to see Paul walking away from 16.8 million though KG has made 278 million so if putting his body through another 100 games next year really isn't something he is looking forward to... then is he's likely not going to come back at a 70% paycut (7-8 million), he'd only do that if he still has the desire and think the team can win. Paul has made like half as much as KG, is a little younger and would likely spend the rest of his life thinking about what he coulda done with that 16.8 mi:-)
    Posted by rameakap

Oh, can the Pierce for Gasol rumors be far behind?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: A look ahead... the draft/FA : McGee with the C's puts the Lakers to rest ... He'd be worth every $
    Posted by Mployee8

I also like McGee and think he would be a great addition to the rebuilding process for the Celtics. 

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts